• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers. I think the denim jacket comes out more like 17.5. I don't like going off measurements too much though as they don't really give a full picture.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Youwhat I think that's what I might have to do.

Randeep any input from you? Cheers

thomas199023

Reaction score
Went to the Haute Parfumerie in Paris this weekend. Really liked a lot of the smells. Settled on the Black Tie. Reptile will be my next one.

09F15EDA-8CF2-43F6-B88E-D621873AC5F8.jpeg

they really last for hours, very impressed.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same! Black Tie is a wonderful first step. Very rich, classic but modernized.

You've opened Pandora's Box.

Bryan55

Reaction score
You've opened Pandora's Box.

Oh man, you said it perfectly. I started off with one bottle of Dans Paris, then the next thing I know I’m at 4 fragrances and just waiting on Rimbaud and Bois Dormant to be released so I can at the very least check them out and possibly pick up.

Randeep

Reaction score
Youwhat I think that's what I might have to do.

Randeep any input from you? Cheers

If you search my posts/go back to this thread in December you'll see I deliberated at length between the 48 and 50. It was hard even then as I wasn't (and definitely with lockdown even now) wasn't my "ideal" weight. In the end I got the 50 which I'm very happy with, based on advice I got here/elsewhere (including pivotally something you mentioned re. the jacket looking a bit better loose at the back/when in motion or something).

With most stuff I take 48/M but exceptions for certain SL outerwear/tops (silk tees - L at a minimum),

Definitely worth getting both sizes and comparing on that jacket. You'll see also how when I posted about it the jacket they had in store in size 48 had what looked like a little excess fabric in the front (probably a blessing as otherwise I'd have been inclined to get that instead) which, along with some discrepancies @youwhat found in ones he ordered, made me slightly dubious re. the production quality vs SL - just mentioning this as, if you do get both sizes, it would be worth casting a sharp eye over how they're put together (besides the size) - equal shoulder length etc.

That aside, it is an AMAZING jacket. I say that having only worn it once, and ~obviously~ very much influenced by Hedi :foo: . The leather has a really beautiful luster to it - I'd only add (think I mentioned before, but worth repeating) that I find it quite delicate - the one time I wore it and was in a Uber, the seat belt I put on managed to scuff the left shoulder a little (and I _really_ baby my clothes so it's not like I'd have roughly pulled the belt cord across my torso to clip it in).

IMG_6075.JPG

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers Randeep. I've ordered the 50 already actually, and now pretty sure 48 would be too small based on your post so I'm glad I didn't get both. Hopefully it looks good as I've wanted a shirt collar leather jacket for ages and this one is very much my style, and should be really versatile as well.

Went to order the triomphe white with black sneakers too but my size isn't available, I'm sure it was the other day though. Hopefully they restock.

Furq

Reaction score
Interested in the cavalry Berlin boot as listed below but see it comes in whole size only. I typically wear a size 43.5

Do most of you size up or down in that case?

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Went to the Haute Parfumerie in Paris this weekend. Really liked a lot of the smells. Settled on the Black Tie. Reptile will be my next one.

View attachment 1424027

they really last for hours, very impressed.

Black Tie was my first one too, love it, I love Nightclubbing as well. I was unsure about it at first but after trying the free sample a few times it grew on me.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
If you search my posts/go back to this thread in December you'll see I deliberated at length between the 48 and 50. It was hard even then as I wasn't (and definitely with lockdown even now) wasn't my "ideal" weight. In the end I got the 50 which I'm very happy with, based on advice I got here/elsewhere (including pivotally something you mentioned re. the jacket looking a bit better loose at the back/when in motion or something).

With most stuff I take 48/M but exceptions for certain SL outerwear/tops (silk tees - L at a minimum),

Definitely worth getting both sizes and comparing on that jacket. You'll see also how when I posted about it the jacket they had in store in size 48 had what looked like a little excess fabric in the front (probably a blessing as otherwise I'd have been inclined to get that instead) which, along with some discrepancies @youwhat found in ones he ordered, made me slightly dubious re. the production quality vs SL - just mentioning this as, if you do get both sizes, it would be worth casting a sharp eye over how they're put together (besides the size) - equal shoulder length etc.

That aside, it is an AMAZING jacket. I say that having only worn it once, and ~obviously~ very much influenced by Hedi :foo: . The leather has a really beautiful luster to it - I'd only add (think I mentioned before, but worth repeating) that I find it quite delicate - the one time I wore it and was in a Uber, the seat belt I put on managed to scuff the left shoulder a little (and I _really_ baby my clothes so it's not like I'd have roughly pulled the belt cord across my torso to clip it in).

View attachment 1424123

I've noticed Celine leather is quite delicate as well but scuffs can easily be fixed as long as it's not torn. I use Terrago quick care for scuffs and just buff it out once its dried with a soft cloth. it will look like brand new

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Interested in the cavalry Berlin boot as listed below but see it comes in whole size only. I typically wear a size 43.5

Do most of you size up or down in that case?

My experience with the 60mm heel is to size up.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Forgot it was Bastille day in France yesterday as well. No wonder orders are a little slow!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to answer the question on the raw indigo jeans. For me personally always with black shoes, then it's pretty much anything you'd wear with black jeans with the exception of blue denim jackets. For example I wear my skinny raw indigo jeans a lot with black cropped jodhpur boots, a grey or grey and black striped t-shirt and black zip up triomphe hoody. I also wear them with cropped jodhpur / SS13 Blake derby, white Yves / Dylan shirt and black permanent collection 2 button blazer (wore this blazer today but with black jeans and had forgotten how good it looks). Can wear the same with a black leather too, and with a black leather jacket white SL01 or triomphe lows look good with them too as an alternative to boots.

I also occasionally wear them with black knitwear, especially the fine merino crew from AW13, but I don't like black t shirts with them for some reason.

Hope that helps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads