• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Maximus6

Reaction score
Anybody know when Bois Dormant and Rimbaud are releasing? And what the notes are for them? (Or any other info?)

Also are there any other fragrances on the horizon anybody knows off?

rire

Reaction score
interesting that the black raw slim jeans description has RAW EDGES AT THE ANKLES + PATCH AT BACK OF WAISTBAND
they didn't have either when i tried on in store. maybe this is the latest relase?
they were 100% cotton though, so felt more snug in the waist than the skinny (2N020786D.38NF) 98% cotton 2% elastane. pretty sure GG has a pair of the slim with regular hem.
looking forward to your review of the raw indigo skinnys!
The French website doesn’t even mention the raw hems on this exact model at this point. Weird...

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Anybody know when Bois Dormant and Rimbaud are releasing? And what the notes are for them? (Or any other info?)

Also are there any other fragrances on the horizon anybody knows off?

I don't but I'm exceptionally curious about them

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Speaking of those Jacno lows - does anyone have experience with the buckle version in terms of sizing? I saw a light brown pair on sale that seems fun and minimalist-ish. I usually just go TTS, but can't recall if there is anything special with this particular model.

View attachment 1417437

They are beautiful, go tts or one size under if you are masochistic

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I just read this news story

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 118

Randeep

Reaction score
I got my usual size in the jacno single monk SirGrotius.

Ordered the new raw indigo skinny jeans, a bit more expensive than I expected but a necessary purchase for me. Also ordered the black cashmere and cotton blend t shirt, will hopefully be a really good fit.

Going to get a jacket soon, not sure which one yet one of the leather blousons most likely. Also tempted by the leather triomphe lows with the black triomphe as I love my plain white.

Did you find any of the jeans you bought comparable in skinniness to earlier season SL (ss13-ss14)? I remember trying/measuring (yes, took my tailor's tape measure) each of the 3 jeans they had in stock (with/without the 'F' etc) - I vaguely remember on a pair of size 30 the hem was 15cm 2 and 16cm for another. They didn't feel like they 'wrapped' nicely around the knee/knee downwards either. Not a bad fit, just not as skinny as I'd personally like.

I would be interested to hear what you think of the cotton/cashmere t-shirt - it is described as 68cm in length for medium on the website (vs a more usual ~63cm) and it looks markedly longer -- what made you go for it (with the length in mind)?

anyone have a water snake belt and can comment on how it’s aging? does the buckle wear away the scales?

I don't but I want it, let me know if you have seen it floating around in sz95 please. What I would say is that I think there wouldn't be that problem because the shape of the buckle loop means there's a gap between it and the leather - would be pretty ****** otherwise -- don't quote me on that though!

thomas199023

Reaction score
Got my Jacno boots back from the cobbler. Some amazing work, couldn't be happier with the way they turned out!
Work was done by Schoenmakerij Stultiens in the Netherlands. If any of you are based in Europe and need to have your shoes worked on, I would highly suggest reaching out to Federico, they take mail-ins.

Their website: http://www.schoenmakerijstultiens.nl/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/schoenmakerij.stultiens/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/schoenmakerij_stultiens/

On my request, Federico applied the Casali Mirror Sole Guard.

105405534_918420838630494_7845866092404734493_n.jpg

They turned out great! Now I won't be half as afraid to actually wear them, and the best part is, if the sole guard gets worn down, you can have it easily replaced.

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg
IMG_3741.jpg
IMG_3742.jpg
IMG_3743.jpg

[/QUOTE]
You can apply this yourself like a sticker? where do you purchase?
Interesting discussion on the soles. That video seems great.

I imagine you US folks may have seen it, but the sale is on for the website. A couple interesting items, but mostly in huge sizes. I do like the short checkered jacket. My concern is that it'd be a hassle to get it tailored after the fact at one of the boutiques.

Randeep

Reaction score
When you first posted the mirrored black sole guard you said you were going to get, I thought it would look gaudy, Louboutin red sole territory. I've always just gone for the conventional thin rubber soles.

That being said.. it actually looks quite muted in the pictures above. I guess it'll wear down and become even more muted, although I'd wonder if it'd look a bit grubby because it's <dirt against high shine> so would be more apparent, vs a plain rubber sole where it would be <dirt against a muted surface>.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Got my Jacno boots back from the cobbler. Some amazing work, couldn't be happier with the way they turned out!
Work was done by Schoenmakerij Stultiens in the Netherlands. If any of you are based in Europe and need to have your shoes worked on, I would highly suggest reaching out to Federico, they take mail-ins.

Their website: http://www.schoenmakerijstultiens.nl/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/schoenmakerij.stultiens/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/schoenmakerij_stultiens/

On my request, Federico applied the Casali Mirror Sole Guard.

View attachment 1419819

They turned out great! Now I won't be half as afraid to actually wear them, and the best part is, if the sole guard gets worn down, you can have it easily replaced.

View attachment 1419815

View attachment 1419816
View attachment 1419822
View attachment 1419817
View attachment 1419818
[/QUOTE]

Looks nice, I dropped 3 pairs off but I could be weeks until I get them back. Hopefully they do a good job.

thomas199023

Reaction score
When you first posted the mirrored black sole guard you said you were going to get, I thought it would look gaudy, Louboutin red sole territory. I've always just gone for the conventional thin rubber soles.

That being said.. it actually looks quite muted in the pictures above. I guess it'll wear down and become even more muted, although I'd wonder if it'd look a bit grubby because it's <dirt against high shine> so would be more apparent, vs a plain rubber sole where it would be <dirt against a muted surface>.

I'll report back after a few months of wear. The reviews I have read about this particular sole guard have been pretty good. So it'll be interesting to see how it holds up. I think it looks great at the moment.

Mickkk

Reaction score
CS is not Union Wash (UW). You are probably referring to a listing on Grailed which is described incorrectly as it is often the case on Grailed.
CS color is a bit lighter.

Thanks for the quick reply - as suspected...do you have personal preference between one or the other?

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I'll report back after a few months of wear. The reviews I have read about this particular sole guard have been pretty good. So it'll be interesting to see how it holds up. I think it looks great at the moment.

Yes it looks great and sturdy. I wanted to also post a different product a friend told me about to prevent creases. They are completely customizable as they can be cut with scissors. I ordered a pack and will give them a try.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw indigo skinny jeans turned out not to be skinny and in fact have 005 cut with a 17cm hem so more of a slim cut. The thighs were quite tight too. I already have some raw indigo D01 left from Hedi's days at Saint Laurent so these are going back.

Cotton and cashmere blend t-shirt was oversized, fitted more like an XL. Length wasn't too bad but whole cut was just big. Shame as fabric was really nice.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always been tempted to get a pair of raw denim, since that was the craze when I first started on the forum years ago. However, I really don't think it's worth it, unless you are going to live in them for a long period. Plus, I mostly wear black jeans nowadays anyway.

I picked up a couple of the classic shirts from the sale. I really dig them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads