• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Thanks for your input! That just makes things even more confusing.
Do you feel they are longer? Do the Wyatt fit your perfectly?

My main worry sizing down is to stretch the elastic too much.

Your toes will not touch the tip its longer. The form of the boot is different though and the characteristics of the leather are different. If you don't mind wearing them tight for a bit try smaller. I have a pronounced ridge on the top of my foot, plus its wide, 43 didn't work for me but the 44 was perfect right out of the box. I don't want to end up with bunions. The 44 I can wear all day no problem and they are comfortable, the 43 I had to take off a few times due to discomfort.

Last edited:

CookieFlow

Reaction score
Your toes will not touch the tip its longer. The form of the boot is different though and the characteristics of the leather are different. If you don't mind wearing them tight for a bit try smaller. I have a pronounced ridge on the top of my foot, plus its wide, 43 didn't work for me but the 44 was perfect right out of the box. I don't want to end up with bunions. The 44 I can wear all day no problem and they are comfortable, the 43 I had to take off a few times due to discomfort.

Thanks.

I guess yeah it's either suffer in the smaller size for a bit but eventually get a better fit or get something that is more comfortable out of the box.

I forgot to ask, but you do go TTS in Wyatts? Personally I size down .5 in those. (granted I tried TTS 43 and I didn't really see much difference in sizing. I never tried a 42 though).

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Thanks.

I guess yeah it's either suffer in the smaller size for a bit but eventually get a better fit or get something that is more comfortable out of the box.

I forgot to ask, but you do go TTS in Wyatts? Personally I size down .5 in those. (granted I tried TTS 43 and I didn't really see much difference in sizing. I never tried a 42 though).

Yes I can wear 33.5 in the Wyatt just because its a different shape and I can even go down to 43 in some other shoes.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
The Jacno Derbies arrived today. So happy with the purchase! The silhouette is perfectly what I was looking for and they feel good on feet. Must say that they run big though. I'm already wearing what is usually my smallest size in shoes and they don't even "hurt". Normally, I'm used to buy my shoes really really snug so that they have a good fit after the break in period. Since with EU39 I'm already at the lowest end of sizes, I assume I have to cope with it and use an insole if necessary after having them broken in.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! If you have a chance, would love to see a photo of the silhouette. Maybe a slightly thicker sock would help you to feel the good ol' fashioned hurt again. ;)

thomas199023

Reaction score
I ordered the Jacno Jodhpur's, arriving tomorrow. Very fast shipment I must say, very excited, my first pair of Celine boots. Should look nice on the shelve next to my SLP Wyatts.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Congrats! If you have a chance, would love to see a photo of the silhouette. Maybe a slightly thicker sock would help you to feel the good ol' fashioned hurt again. ;)

I didn't realize this was an actual thing, You all are some masochists, but I guess anything for the aesthetic. More power to you.

thomas199023

Reaction score
Love these!
7791829A-98E7-498E-B787-08E0DE1ED2D1.jpeg
F1BFCC0F-183C-46EC-B2E1-CE37F79F3098.jpeg
A263EA7C-8CEB-44C7-ABAD-A78146CAAD1C.jpeg
E2A8D819-0924-403C-8551-89CB77058129.jpeg 5ECE65F2-2F1F-48B6-B96F-DC1E293CC317.jpeg 9857DAA5-26B0-4387-90AC-19C19CDC89EC.jpeg

thomas199023

Reaction score
You can apply this yourself like a sticker? where do you purchase?
No, a cobbler has to do it. It's a sole guard, the cobbler has to sand a millimetre off the area where it'll go. Then they can replace these whenever it get worn down.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion on the soles. That video seems great.

I imagine you US folks may have seen it, but the sale is on for the website. A couple interesting items, but mostly in huge sizes. I do like the short checkered jacket. My concern is that it'd be a hassle to get it tailored after the fact at one of the boutiques.
1593104454469.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads