• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Marcus1970

Reaction score
Hedi Slimane and Celine should not been accused of racism.
Celine is a french brand and France and Europe are not an extension of the U.S. Racism in Europe is very different than american racism (and maybe british racism). European and French brands should not change their way of working and their image everytime an injustice is committed in the Usa, even if it is sad what happened.
Everybody is free to buy or not a brand.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Celine is a french brand and France and Europe are not an extension of the U.S. Racism in Europe is very different than american racism (and maybe british racism). European and French brands should not change their way of working and their image everytime an injustice is committed in the Usa, even if it is sad what happened.

I support Hedi and do not feel he is racist at all

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i'm never going to wear 85mm or even 60mm but they are seriously nice. i'm hoping there will be a perfect 40mm black leather boot, a bit like hedi's slp fw13 sidezip. the jacno boot never did it for me personally

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
i'm never going to wear 85mm or even 60mm but they are seriously nice. i'm hoping there will be a perfect 40mm black leather boot, a bit like hedi's slp fw13 sidezip. the jacno boot never did it for me personally

The 60mm is not bad, very comfortable actually, have you tried them on?

MotionInReverse

Reaction score
Something like the snap buckle French 45 would be really cool I think. A slightly higher heel and pointier toe could differentiate it from the Camargue.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

Thoughts?

I think most of this stuff is wack and I'm sick of this forced diversity ****. If your brand is based on French (or general European) subcultures I have absolutely no problem with the fact that your models are mostly white. If a season is based on Chinese culture for example it would be a different story. Fact is that Hedi's stuff is not, which is why I think he's doing perfectly fine.

i havent, and i actually think 60mm looks great, but tbh i'm 6'2" anyway so for me it is just a bit much

If you have tall friends you should rock the 60s or 85s to establish dominance.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
celebrity stylists are horrible. Its usually about wearing the wackiest and tackiest outfits to gain attention

zrn

Reaction score

The fact is that people are seeking out things to be critical of right now. Some of them are fair and some of them (like these claims against Celine and ysl) are a stretch. The “outrage”, which is honestly a handful of Instagram people, are using facts to form a theory instead of confirming a theory using facts. You can ALWAYS find something that fits your agenda if you look this way and it doesn’t actually prove anything.

If Jason Bolden wants to substantiate his claims he needs to provide proof that Celine and YSL won’t work with black stylists. If there is proof that Celine or YSL is refusing to work with or dress blacks or other minorities then I will gladly change my point of view. Right now his words aren’t worth all that much in terms of a claim of racism.

And honestly ignoring all that, the fact is that the clothes were made in the spirit of a specific look. That look is probably going to have more models of a specific ethnicity. In this case thin, tall, and gaunt = mostly white. Unless Celine, YSL, or Hedi are specifically going out and intentionally not looking at black models at all, I dont really see a case here (assuming Bolden is spewing nonsense). I mean honestly, if people are hiring black models as token black representation is that really any better? I agree with the general idea that it would be fantastic to have more diversity, but that diversity starts with encouraging more minorities to model and increasing awareness rather than forcing designers to take minorities and accusing them of racism.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This, it's a weird phenomenon where Americans think that their social problems, etc... are somehow a global thing. It reminds me of a 'discussion' years ago on an entirely different topic; In UK computer/video game mags of the 90's, *** was a common abbreviation for Japanese in buy/sell ads, and on this nerd board that I used to read people were using the term, up comes some random American who starts telling them off and how they should stop using it because in the US it's a slur.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads