• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
Well for my tastes, the fit is a bit off, I noticed the leather at the toes started to crease almost instantaneously upon wearing them, and one of the eyelets came a bit loose. While I do like the sneakers, I just was slightly let down.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably missed that bottle green jacket fit pick. That one is definitely a looker and very original! seems to be something you could throw on a lot more than expected.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Well for my tastes, the fit is a bit off, I noticed the leather at the toes started to crease almost instantaneously upon wearing them, and one of the eyelets came a bit loose. While I do like the sneakers, I just was slightly let down.

I would contact customer support and see if they will repair them. Creasing is fairly common but you can condition the leather and use shoe trees to lessen this. If all else fails you can lightly steam the leather but be careful as too much moisture can damage it.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny about the perfumes. i've bought five (four for me, one for my wife), and asked for a sample of another and they said no. lol. i mean, really? the policy is you have to buy one perfume they don't just give you random samples, but they don't look at the history, just the point of sale. it was too ludicrous for me to consider so i ignored it.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
funny about the perfumes. i've bought five (four for me, one for my wife), and asked for a sample of another and they said no. lol. i mean, really? the policy is you have to buy one perfume they don't just give you random samples, but they don't look at the history, just the point of sale. it was too ludicrous for me to consider so i ignored it.

I received a few samples without even purchasing but feel like they have pretty much dried up by now. I also noticed people selling hoards of them on eBay so maybe the sales associates have a side hustle.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
havent picked up any footwear yet but i'm honestly delighted with each and every celine purchase i've made, from fragrances to outerwear/knitwear to trousers. get heaps of compliments on everything. defo interested in one of the silk shirts next, sir grotius you've defo convinced me they're the way forward haha

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This criticism of everything from Louis Louis is getting boring. If you don't like something just don't buy it. And discussing value for money when it comes to high end labels is pretty pointless because nothing is really value for money, for me at least when I buy something from HS I'm never thinking that it's value for money, it's that it's nice enough that I don't mind paying a high price for it.

And I've found everything I've bought from Celine to be high quality and a definite notch up from SLP, and a notch down from DH. Sneakers I have are the triomphe low top in plain white and the leather is really soft and creases up nicely compared to the SL 01 that is much more rigid and stiff and doesn't crease so much. I still like the SL 01 though, these two are easily my top 2 sneakers.

ruckzuck

Reaction score
How is the sizing at the triomphe low compared to the sl01 kieran?
Just ordered a 43 at the celine lows and i had a 43.5 at the sl01s. Hope i can get away with it?

i also tried some shirts this week, but i still prefer the cut and especially the collar at saint laurent. For me the bigger collar on most celine shirts is a big no and doesn't suit me at all. But some of you seem to dig it, so who am i :)

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine with half a size down as I'd call the sizing on them quite generous. I got the same size as I have in all my boots and sneakers which is 45 and they're definitely more spacious than the SL 01. I could have gone down a half size probably, but I don't mind a slightly looser fit, and if I'd gone down a full size which was my only option then though my toe would be against the front of the shoe.

The larger collars aren't for me either. I like them but they don't suit my style.

Randeep

Reaction score
you're right, boring.

you didn't have to go back and delete your messages, they were hardly incendiary. i like reading the different viewpoints people have, luckily it got quoted :)

Anyone see the GQ Steve Buscemi feature? That white Celine suit is seriously smart.

for the lazy, here is the link: https://www.gq.com/story/the-remaking-of-steve-buscemi-profile

and the suit from said link - everything celine besides the uniqlo socks:
steve-buscemi-gq-june-july-2020-02.jpg

steve-buscemi-gq-june-july-2020-06.jpg

steve-buscemi-gq-june-july-2020-05.jpg

cloonz

Reaction score
Over $8k in Celine to look completely mediocre. Would look better with a different shirt, tie, and model who has a darker complexion so they don't get washed out. Buscemi looks 100 times better in that Armani vest from the shoot.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love that suit, shirt and shoes. even have a soft spot for the retro lawn chair! lapels have certainly increased in size over the years again. i have a super skinny lapel blazer from Dior maybe 7 years old. excellent cut, but feel a touch self conscious with it now until i forget after a glass of wine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics