• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a US sale soon. I just purchased another shirt full retail (love it, fit, quality, off color), so that's certainly a cue for a sale the next day or so. ;)

For the scent hounds, has anyone tried Eau de Californie? I'm debating between Nightclubbing and Californie to add something different to my repertoire.

Edit: someone inquired about the collars on the silks. The collars are structured and significant (largish), with collar stays.
[/QUOTpersonally IE]

Nightclubbing
Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a US sale soon. I just purchased another shirt full retail (love it, fit, quality, off color), so that's certainly a cue for a sale the next day or so. ;)

For the scent hounds, has anyone tried Eau de Californie? I'm debating between Nightclubbing and Californie to add something different to my repertoire.

Edit: someone inquired about the collars on the silks. The collars are structured and significant (largish), with collar stays.

Personally I prefer Nightclubbing

Lit Harington

Reaction score
Slim shoulders, chest, arms. Waist area is fine. I'm 5'6" 130 lbs, on the muscular side, and take a 37. This is the regular cut, but to your point, it's probably slim for most people. Silk is super comfortable and addictive.

Have tried the skinny cut, but would need to be 120-123 ish sans muscle to pull that off, since the arms are very tight as is the chest and waist was a tad less forgiving.

If you're ripped go with 41, if you're slim, 40. Returns are a hassle, so if you're like me, I'd rather get the correct size and be done with it!
Much appreciated. I'm 6'2" about 160lbs. Slim but broad-ish shoulders, i think i will go for the 40. Thanks again!

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a pair of Academy Derbys sz 43 I am desperately trying to get rid of. Is anyone looking for this pair?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of digging a few new items on the site:
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 12.34.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 12.35.31 PM.png

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a touch low for a luxury polo! I have a lot of the Dior bee polos and expect* around $600 per piece. I know it sounds high but they're excellent quality, hold up over the years, and are more interesting to me than the ubiquitous polo (nothing wrong with that though too).
The colors are what draw me.

Last edited:

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
Are you really that fond of the Andre Butzer' artworks?
550USD for a regular blue polo is a lot, it's a piece where the luxury added value is close to O. It's easy cash for Celine.

To me the collection seems lazy to slap the same drab artwork on all items. André has some really colorful/cute artworks that could have worked better imo. Hedi is an amazing designer and I miss his artistic statement t-shirts.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I agree with Sir, it’s the colors (along with the fit as I have two of the striped polos and a black dotted one) that drew me in.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear you. Well said LL. I very much agree with the story aspect.

The celine sunglasses are so so. Nothing special, nothing bad, though. They seemed the same to me as SLP. I have a pair of Dior MIJ sunglasses that are no doubt a step up.

I found the haute parfumerie collection at Celine to meet my luxury expectations, as they're a story behind them, there literally is a stone pedestal on which they rest, and more seriously, the packaging is fantastic, the scents are great and classic but new and more diverse than the usual lineups.

I have not dabbled in the outerwear or footwear yet, but have heard sketchier reports here than for like pieces @ HS's other houses. I thought the shirting has been great and I cannot tell a difference from other lux brands except more distinctive collars!

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
@Jabbathecunt : yes, lazy is the right word. 90% of the pieces are lazily designed, and it's a shame because the good ones are really good. But come on raffia basket !!!

@SirGrotius : maybe the Dior polo are good, but Celine is really going the cheap way on a lot of pieces. Do you append to buy a pair of glasses if i remember correctly ? What do you think about its quality? I had to return one pair, the plastic feels like free 3D glasses they give you in Movie theaters.
And there is a real lack of consistency regarding the novelties and the collection. They need cash fast and it starts to show. When you buy luxury items you buy a story as well (that you choose to believe or embrace). It worked well previously for Slimane because he was surrounded by the myth and magic of Dior or Saint Laurent. But Celine is more confidential and HS' drops are largely forgettable, they don't stand on solid concrete background. It's like a best of with a lot of fillers.

It is possible that they have spent so much of the budget on redesigning the new stores and are looking for cost saving options but at the same time LVMH has the largest capital in luxury goods. Even banana republic uses Safilo to manufacture their sunglasses and the retail price points are low.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I hear you. Well said LL. I very much agree with the story aspect.

The celine sunglasses are so so. Nothing special, nothing bad, though. They seemed the same to me as SLP. I have a pair of Dior MIJ sunglasses that are no doubt a step up.

I found the haute parfumerie collection at Celine to meet my luxury expectations, as they're a story behind them, there literally is a stone pedestal on which they rest, and more seriously, the packaging is fantastic, the scents are great and classic but new and more diverse than the usual lineups.

I have not dabbled in the outerwear or footwear yet, but have heard sketchier reports here than for like pieces @ HS's other houses. I thought the shirting has been great and I cannot tell a difference from other lux brands except more distinctive collars!

Yes the haute perfumery collection is superb, I love many of them. the fits have been good for the most part and I have not had a problem with the quality of the boots but I am not wearing them every day.

Bryan55

Reaction score
If I may chime in here, I’ve been very happy with my Celine outerwear purchases. Both my Bottle Green blouson and my denim bomber are top notch and I receive compliments on them whenever I wear them. I may still just go ahead on the metallic gold blouson even though it hasn’t been highly reviewed here. I’m also a big fan of their polos.

I will also say that I was a bit disappointed with the sneakers. I have the triomphe’s in white and red and I feel a bit let down by them.

The fragrance line is to die for though. I’ve got 3 bottles and will add at least one more in Nightclubbing.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I have noticed that some of the retail prices have been lowered on the 24s.com
If I may chime in here, I’ve been very happy with my Celine outerwear purchases. Both my Bottle Green blouson and my denim bomber are top notch and I receive compliments on them whenever I wear them. I may still just go ahead on the metallic gold blouson even though it hasn’t been highly reviewed here. I’m also a big fan of their polos.

I will also say that I was a bit disappointed with the sneakers. I have the triomphe’s in white and red and I feel a bit let down by them.

The fragrance line is to die for though. I’ve got 3 bottles and will add at least one more in Nightclubbing.

Love the bottle green blouson on you, and the outerwear in general. What issues are you having with the sneakers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics