• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Deonfate

Reaction score
Ehm, not to say you're intentionally wrong, but the New Wave pants are all made of 100% wool afaik. Are there some available in stores ,that i'm not aware of, that are 50% poly? If so, where did you see them?

Regarding the whole quality argument: is it just me, or is clothing getting worse through all brands and price segments? I'm seeing more and more brands that are for example selling t-shirts that would have barely qualified for anything more than dish towlels 10 years ago (looking at you Tommy HIlfiger Denim) for audacious prices. So compared to 99% of everything else in the industry Celine is a shining beacon of quality, it's just that everything is getting worse maybe...

First of all, I hope everyone is doing well during these times. Sorry for the late response it's been awhile since I checked this thread

The FW19 pleated pants were 55% Polyester 45% Wool to be exact, I just confused them with the new wave pants.

Listen I'm tired on hating on the celine quality I don't want to be that guy. So on a more positive note, I really liked FW19. I feel like it's a collection who's been always on the back of hedi's head since he tried to move to New York. I don't see "polaroids of london youth", it was so late 70s early 80s No-Wave New york he even had james white play at the end. The mood and the styling were fantastic.

Also, funny little detail but if you ever wondered how the scarves on the models in hedi's show sit perfectly on the side while they walk, well it seems that they hand stitched a little snap button inside the jacket

imageedit_1_4300020952.jpg

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Hi,
i just managed to get a Green Bottle Leather Jacket, and i'm a little puzzled by the leather quality.
The jacket is very well made, light and supple, a pleasure to wear but the leather is special, it looks like patent leather distressed or washed...

What's your thoughts on this kind of leather ?

zoomzoom.jpg

Last edited:

Bryan55

Reaction score
Hi there. First post here. I’ve been wanting to pick the bottle green leather bomber up myself but then the quarantine hit so I’m unable to. How did you get it? What’s the fit like? Is it particularly slim cut?

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Hi
If you’re slim it may feel large. As I’m normal build I upsized because Celine cuts are rather on the small side.

are you in Europe ?

Bryan55

Reaction score
No I’m not, I’m located in Manhattan. For a reference, I’m a pretty standard 50 in my SLP bombers and I did get the Union Wash Denim Blouson with the diagonal stripes in a medium. It’s a perfect slim fit which I love!

Louis Louis

Reaction score
You’ll need a 52 I think. I’m also 50 for slp. It just depends if you want to be able to zip it.

Bryan55

Reaction score
Oh interesting! I figured I’d be somewhere between a 50 or 52 as I did try on the velvet teddy in black at the Madison Ave store in both and both worked. I was able to button both with no problems, but I knew with the 50 I’d be only able to wear a tee or polo, maybe a light sweater under. With the 52 it would’ve left more room for layering but I never really do that. Same with the denim blouson, but I went with the medium in the end.

I am somewhat broad chested with kind of large shoulders/traps so I’ve often tailored my outerwear slightly but your comments have helped a bunch!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Louis Louis - do you have any fit pics? I was interested in that bottle green bomber, too. I'd be puzzled too with the sheen, i.e., patent-leather esque quality to it. I don't know if I'd be super stoked, but it does have an even more 70s vibe! I'd want it soft and supple, as it's quite casual in style.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
As i am actually on lockdown, i'll avoid unfit pics. The quality is nice, the only weird thing is the touch feeling. The color is a real plus, it changes from the usual dark/brown. And you're right it looks and feels like a real 70s item (without the smoke smell). And i've been lucky enough to get it with an interesting discount so it was a no-brainer.

Bryan55

Reaction score
I’d love to know more about the leather on the bottle jacket. A more vintage and washed look is exactly what I’m looking for in a lamb jacket. Is it cropped too?

I️ know there have been some questions regarding Celine’s quality in this thread, but with all the pieces that I have I’ve found them to be nothing but top notch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads