• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

X66666

Reaction score
Long time no see all! I just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in purchasing Celine 10ml perfume samples. I got given some but I don’t like the scents. Essentially mini size versions of the perfume. They’re only given out to VIP customer. All ordinary folks would just get a little tester stick.

Attachments

• 6DF07675-7F50-4455-8CF5-395E80462202.jpeg
    6DF07675-7F50-4455-8CF5-395E80462202.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 241

X66666

Reaction score
Yeah, python is amazing :) I can't zip it up fully currently due to weight gain, I think I could once I lean up, though I never would wear it zipped up. One thing you might want to know (if you care) is that this is one of the jacket's Hedi was seen wearing on several occasions (which I'll proudly admit, entirely influenced my decision).

Maybe goes without saying, but be careful with the jacket - it is very fragile - I managed to scuff mine already from the seat belt in a car and like an idiot managed to also with my finger nail peel off a little fragment of the top layer of the leather when I first did a reactionary cleanse of the scuffed area. (A little beeswax has sorted out the scuffed area though).

Yeah, they're grey distressed jeans from fw13. The knee on this pair is quite blown out but as new the blowout is smaller.

Ha thanks. I haven't poured over each of the pieces in detail enough to draw clear comparisons to say, SL. I generally only visit the boutiques if there is a specific thing I'm interested in trying/buying. Of the stuff I have tried, the quality and construction (*) has been there, but not to the point where I thought to myself "so _this_ is why I'm paying more here than at SL". Bear in mind though that I don't buy suiting and of the one pair of Celine boots I have, I don't have a deep enough view into construction to be able to say why they might be better than SL (reminds me of @thorns excellent analysis earlier this year).

(*) I say this, but when originally buying this jacket, the size 48 they had in store had some excess leather bunching up near the upper breast/collar area - at the time I could have argued to myself that it's the drape of the jacket/would sort it otself out if left flat or something... HOWEVER, someone else that posts here has received the same jacket in their preferred size, with a clear difference in length (non-acecdotal, measured up), measuring from collar to shoulder, meaning the fit isn't the same on either shoulder. For that reason, I myself will meet with skepticism any claim about the tailoring/construction of stuff from Celine being a notch above SL, due to what myself and others I know have experienced.

On pricing, I'm probably guilty of falling into the trap of price + scarcity = "it must be better" (expressed better, earlier in this thread). That being said, some of the pricing is ridiculous to me. I couldn't justify £8-900 on a silk smart shirt. Nor could I justify £490 on the Celine equivalent of the Saint Laurenent pocket silk tee (which were around £300 if I remember correctly), especially when I can't see any reason besides the label, why it is more expensive. On the other hand though I don't feel bitter having spent a bit more on this leather than I would have done at SL. The finish and sheen to to the leather makes it look beautiful.

View attachment 1348776

On the boutiques generally. My experience is mixed between the two:

1 - Bond St - new menswear only boutique. Split level (ground level/underground), feels claustrophobic due to the nature of the fairly small layout. Some of the staff are OK. But some others to me personally just across was uninterested/only interested in the sale. Like an SA telling me "yeah, I'm going to buy every single bottle, in the largest size" when discussing the perfumery line sounds a bit far fetched to me. I'm into my scents, and Hedi, and I wouldn't do that. Or another - an SA telling me how I'd get a 2 year warranty if there are any issues isn't going to be the clincher on me spending £4300 on that shearling bomber jacket that I had originally asked about here a while back...

Something else that really pissed me off is that when originally trying to source the above jacket (context: December, it wasn't on web store, Hedi wore it several times, stock seemed scarce, only certain sizes in stock in London and 1 a piece), I wasn't sure of sizing as there wasn't a 48 or 50 to try in store. The SA explained he can request it in but will require full deposit (to which I asked: "but what if it doesn't fit/it's just not for me") and was told I'd get credit. Then I asked "what about if I need the next size up" and was told they could then get the next one shipped in, which wouldn't make sense to me if the stock was so tight (at which point my desired size might have become unavailable). The SA then explained with no hint of irony that I could just order both (£7500) and keep one or neither depending on how the fit turned out (so leaving me with a hefty credit note). At no point during this interaction was the SA in question empathetic (even if it was feigned) for the predicament I was in.

2 - Mount St - flagship store, unisex, single level, very spacious. This is of course all subjective but the SA I started to deal with (an older lady, very charming) provided me with a much better experience over Bond St. They had both sizes in stock but (keeping it short) she understood my dilemmas and kept the jacket reserved (with no pressure to buy) whilst deciding, and at the same time seeing if she could request in the size 48 without creasing in the jacket from Paris - all without asking for up front payment, and scoffing at the fact that I might've been asked to do that in Bond St (so who knows what the official line is on paying for stuff to be transferred). In the end I purchased the jacket and she made an extra effort to package up nicely (and provide me with a fresh store hanger) as well as following up re. events and whatever else. Overall here with the more experienced staff I had a much better experience, so much so that this would be my first port of call given a choice, between the two boutiques, and even as far as asking to transfer items to this store from Bond St, if I want to deliberate on an expensive purchase, purely cos I'd rather deal with the staff here.

(granted this might not be useful to you @SirGrotius but for anyone else in London they could compare/contrast).

Probably abit late on this but I just wanted to Tune in. Both stores failed the guidelines of Celine. Yes, celine requires a full deposit when transferring items as they want to verify that their is interest in a potential sale if that jacket size is transferred, if you then tried it and it didn’t fit you. You would get a full refund NOT store credit. Secondly in the other scenario i don’t know why she gave you the store hanger probably desperate for the sale. If she is caught she will be immediately fired. The hangers are super expensive to produce and we are always urged to never ever give those hangers away.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Long time no see all! I just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in purchasing Celine 10ml perfume samples. I got given some but I don’t like the scents. Essentially mini size versions of the perfume. They’re only given out to VIP customer. All ordinary folks would just get a little tester stick.

Where are you located?

Chr0me

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking the thread for a while, just had a few questions about sizing on some boots.
I'm looking to get a pair of the Ranger combat boots (FW19 I think?) and the camargue biker boots with the chain harness.

I wear a 42-42.5 in the SLP Wyatts (generally prefer 42.5 because the shaft is really tight on me with a 42, but the length is just right with the 42) and I just about fit a 42.5 in the SLP Lukas (litlle bit narrow but length is perfect). For other references; 42 in CPs, 9.5US in Jordan 1s, 9US in Air Force 1s

Just a little unsure about which sizes to go for in the two boots, and none of the boutiques in my country carry men's items outside of small leather goods and basic RTW.

Any help and input is much appreciated, cheers!

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Have you noticed that since the beginning of the lockdown in Europe, a lot of sizes on the eu Celine webiste have completely gone out of stock?
I tried to buy a couple items off the US webstore last night, but my order was almost immediately cancelled and I was instantly refunded. I checked the pages for the items I bought, as well as others I had my eyes on, and almost every size is sold out when they were previously in stock. Very few items are still in stock on the US webstore at the moment.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy a couple items off the US webstore last night, but my order was almost immediately cancelled and I was instantly refunded. I checked the pages for the items I bought, as well as others I had my eyes on, and almost every size is sold out when they were previously in stock. Very few items are still in stock on the US webstore at the moment.
Does anyone know what is going on with this?

Fred-JettRink

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking the thread for a while, just had a few questions about sizing on some boots.
I'm looking to get a pair of the Ranger combat boots (FW19 I think?) and the camargue biker boots with the chain harness.

I wear a 42-42.5 in the SLP Wyatts (generally prefer 42.5 because the shaft is really tight on me with a 42, but the length is just right with the 42) and I just about fit a 42.5 in the SLP Lukas (litlle bit narrow but length is perfect). For other references; 42 in CPs, 9.5US in Jordan 1s, 9US in Air Force 1s

Just a little unsure about which sizes to go for in the two boots, and none of the boutiques in my country carry men's items outside of small leather goods and basic RTW.

Any help and input is much appreciated, cheers!

Welcome to the club my man! I own apair of the Rangers and they fit quite big, at least half a number. I'm normally a 43 in almost all my shoes but i could have easly gone with a 42.5 or even a 42. Happy with it though, can wear thick socks with them when we get our cold winters over here. So i guess its like Wyatt sizing with the Rangers.
Hope i could help!

Malour

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on with this?
Probably this thing called corona virus. I can only imagine that the stores, warehouses, and manufactures are closed. Especially in Europe, with France and Italy in complete lockdown. I'm guessing no delivery companies are operating at the moment.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
I was sent this attached email by client services. I'm assuming "the circumstances" refers to the virus.

Attachments

• cb1339245d54e36f34c9fa7fccdb3b7e.png
    cb1339245d54e36f34c9fa7fccdb3b7e.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 288

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I figured it was due in some way to the pandemic; but on the other hand I"m getting emails from mrporter, matches fashion, and a few other online retailers offering reassurance in continuing to place orders. I guess Celine ships out of New York state, and hence the cancelled order? I can't remember if MrPorter ships out of New Jersey or something.

Gianni963

Reaction score
You think they're moving stock to countries that seem to have this under control, e.g. Taiwan?

Btw, can I assume from your screen name that you're Italian? If so, how are you holding up over there?
I live in Belgium but my family is in fact from Italy.
But in Belgium, we are also on lockdown. The situation is frightening, we can't even go out, except to buy food.
I suspect that their factories in Italy have stopped producing and they have decided to keep the best pieces for some asian countries where they have a better control over the coronavirus.
Because here the situation is too uncertain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads