• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

jeune

Reaction score
kind of need pics for claims like this. not saying its not true.

i felt this. same.

Yeah well I'm not going to go out of my way to take another picture of my mate's legs so just take my recommendation as you will. The most I have this is quick flick before one of our shows, also wearing the black Lucos:

qR3FUrL.jpg

nekromantik

Reaction score
I would not say SLP is trashy at the moment.
Yes I dont love all the styles per season but nor do I in any other brand.
Sure in Hedi's SLP I loved majority of the styles but never 100% of each show,

Gianni963

Reaction score
The looks from the show are something that has been seen many times in many others brands.

Last edited:

jeune

Reaction score
I would not say SLP is trashy at the moment.
Yes I dont love all the styles per season but nor do I in any other brand.
Sure in Hedi's SLP I loved majority of the styles but never 100% of each show,
You can't tell me that by looking at the women's campaigns and videos that SL is putting out that it isn't trashy?
At least in a way that's different from Hedi's original vision.

______

FW20 was crazy; a mix of FW16 and SS15, a lot of velvet and luxe materials.
The question is: will it sell well? I can't imagine the prices on some of this stuff.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the womenswear was atrocious. Since I don't wear women's clothes, I don't really much care about this.

The menswear seemed like a rehash of the SLP stuff that sold quite well at that time. Agreed with jeune, the question is really if this will sell well this time around.

I kinda liked some of teh looks, but overall I have a bad feeling about this.

Bill H

Reaction score
I feel like the womenswear was atrocious. Since I don't wear women's clothes, I don't really much care about this.

The menswear seemed like a rehash of the SLP stuff that sold quite well at that time. Agreed with jeune, the question is really if this will sell well this time around.

I kinda liked some of teh looks, but overall I have a bad feeling about this.
Not really my style, very FW16 vibe... but I thought it was solid overall... I thought the suiting was excellent.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
It was really coherent. I do not agree about women, il found it good. Except the shoes. I have a more mixed feeling about the men pieces. It was well done, a good mix of subtle and rough, but I don’t know who will buy this. I’m not sure the Asian customers will be fond of this, and they are the main source of income. I’m also a little disappointed by the lack of iconic leather jacket, the 2 or 3 I’ve seen were forgettable. But there can be a lot of changes until the pieces hit the stores.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll buck the trend. I quite liked it. To me, it was a Saint Laurent show, Hedi-era, which I prefer to Celine! Not sure how I'd say he's advancing the brand or the looks beyond new iterations on his familiar palette!

Hedi has added a menswear and a haute perfumerie, so I suppose he has impacted a lot Celine from a creative perspective, but yes, to me, at this juncture, it's 100% Hedi and this season is likely make or break.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads