• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what type of outerwear looks better zipped up / buttoned up? because if the argument is that it looks better open, then aren't we sizing down always?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no rules to it. It's about just buying what looks right / good. With a jacket I won't ever button like a denim, I want to be able to button it but for it to be snug, that way it will look good open.

For a jacket that I will fasten, for example a caban, I want to be able to fasten it without any tension, and to be able to wear whatever layers I plan to wear underneath.

hediboy

Reaction score
what type of outerwear looks better zipped up / buttoned up? because if the argument is that it looks better open, then aren't we sizing down always?
Totally on the taste you would prefer... Size “real” to down is really depends on how you want to present it, Hedi means to size up on the models at last two Celine’s seasons in the runways. How he would recommend. And for almost all, except FW14 boxy style, he would size down for all shows. I think for those how order online, if no return policy... Most important is on the shoulder length, also armpit to armpit, those cannot be altered if you are not fit in.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like there was way too much extra fabric in the shoulder area with that calfskin in 50 I just sent back. Even unzipped it didn't feel right in the shoulders. I agree with (what I think) hediboy is implying that, as Slimane fans, we tend "size down" too much, when that isn't alway the look that is intended.

Anyway, I just copped the loose blouson in 50 (which I think will be tts for that model for me). I also got the monkstraps. I really hope Celine puts me on the private sale list after this!

Bill H

Reaction score
I do tend to size down... but sometimes sizing down doesn't look as good open.... the jacket doesn't lay right or is overall too tight.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Friday's show turns out. Not a huge fan of the mixed collection thing, but can obviously see the direction based on the latest photography on the website! Cool stuff, a little more rock n' roll. ;)

Bill H

Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Friday's show turns out. Not a huge fan of the mixed collection thing, but can obviously see the direction based on the latest photography on the website! Cool stuff, a little more rock n' roll. ;)
I hope it is a good one. Speaking of mixed shows, how do people feel about Palladium? I am only OK on it, although the red velvet blazer is my most complimented piece. There is a funky shawl collar blazer in there too that I like.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it is a good one. Speaking of mixed shows, how do people feel about Palladium? I am only OK on it, although the red velvet blazer is my most complimented piece. There is a funky shawl collar blazer in there too that I like.
I need to go back and look at it tonight, but I remember not liking it much. I remember also feeling weird about Sly Stallone and Ellen being at the show.

I can't wait for Friday's show. I'm strangely into the new pictures up on the website. I want those brown trousers. I want Celine trousers in non-black (and non $7,000) badly.

I hope you guys are into a bunch of fit pics again, cause ready or not here they come! Apologies in advance for picture quality, and the Mary Chain hair. Also, I'm not sure why I insist upon having the most stupid look on my face when I take pictures of myself.

This is the size 50 blouson, the same size as the returned snakeskin print one. To me, this jacket fits like how a leather jacket should, especially in the shoulders, but I'm inexperienced in this. I'm attaching photos with a t-shirt underneath, and an SLP wool sweater as well; zipped up, and non-zipped. The one thing that worries me is excess fabric around the right (my right side) shoulder area.

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG

If your'e still with me, I need advice on the jeans. Those are the SLP bootcut denim from a season ago in size 32, and believe it or not they were tight as **** when I bought them. After the weight loss, they are incredibly loose, pretty much all over. Do you think it's time for me to size down to a 30 in "slim" denim (I never buy skinny cut, since I don't like it being right on my calf)? Or is it a 31 that I want? My Celine flares are size 31, and after a bit of breaking in fit real nice.

Lastly, the Jacno monkstraps: They're obviously amazing, and I want so badly to keep them. They fit pretty good, if not the tad bit snug, in the toe area. The problem is that I'm getting a little heel slippage. Does this mean I'm just straight out of luck on this particular shoe?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You look like size 30 would be perfect in denim.

The jacket looks great as is. You could probably size down one for the skinny look but that's not the Celine motif.

I lost about 40-50 pounds about 8-10 years ago, and it was very expensive! Luckily, my forays into fashion had not hit Dior yet, and was mostly like a Prada suit here and there.

My word of warning there would be if you're planning on getting skinnier don't buy a leather jacket yet. ;)

Bill H

Reaction score
You look like size 30 would be perfect in denim.

The jacket looks great as is. You could probably size down one for the skinny look but that's not the Celine motif.

I lost about 40-50 pounds about 8-10 years ago, and it was very expensive! Luckily, my forays into fashion had not hit Dior yet, and was mostly like a Prada suit here and there.

My word of warning there would be if you're planning on getting skinnier don't buy a leather jacket yet. ;)
I agree with the boys, jacket looks good!

nekromantik

Reaction score
Heel slippage decreases once a shoe is broken in

I thought that about my SLP wyatt ankle boots but after breaking in they still slipped.
I could not size down as the toe area was quite painful for me before breaking in. I wear size 7.5 in Timberland and Todds but bought 7 in SLP Wyatts. Had to exchange for TTS but now need to wear thick socks to stop the heel slippage.

@GG Allin Leather jacket looks very nice. Agree it cold be size down if you want it slimmer. I prefer slim fits myself as I am very skinny guy so a normal fit shirt looks oversized on me haha

Laissez-faire

Reaction score
Jacket really looks a bit big around the shoulders. Otherwise i think it looks good.
You should try size 48 imo. Sometimes there isn't much of a difference between sizes.

Have you tried the pair of jeans Hedi is wearing?
1582658816297.png

They are the 100% cotton slim jeans.
Mid waisted, tight waist and upper leg, more loose on the lower leg and slightly tapered leg opening.
Size 30 should measure 43 cm across the waist. The fit on the waist was the same as every other model i have tried so far.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
the jacket looks good like the aw15 from SLP but if you size down you probably wont be able to wear it with a sweater

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads