• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

nekromantik

Reaction score
do most people here think its better to save some money and get 2nd hand L01 from 2015/16 or get Celine classic biker?

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Looks like a better option to go 2nd hand. The celine biker is a beautiful jacket but I don’t like the 2 zippers at the back.

hediboy

Reaction score
Quite different, not really able to compare between these two...For me, Celine classic biker is the balance between classy L01 and edgy L17... Honestly, I love my calf Celine than the SS13 L01...

hediboy

Reaction score
Trying to understand what this coat of arms from CELINE signifies for? Any taker?
A294F6DF-67BD-421B-8CD3-0AC416A74914.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem mate. Shoulder to should is around 42cm. My normal size is 48. My biker needs to size up to 50, but Chesterfield has to size down to 46... But this one I would say true to size.
For SLP, really each season would get 1-3 leather...leather junky I am...
Today, just could not stop to get my latest gold button double breasted... Really think my last piece for the season. The fit is better than the charcoal pinstriped (guess meant to be more relax and the fabrics).
If you want to get one jacket for the season, go for the leather, that is the favourite piece of Hedi (according to the store internal training note).
Thanks for the shoulder measurement. Sounds like I might need to go up to a 50 in that one, which I'm heavily considering,.

Just got this in the mail. This is a size 50. Thoughts on fit? As always, apologies for my photo skills!
IMG_0249.JPG

youwhat

Reaction score
will you wear it zipped up?
if so ribbed jackets like that end up working their way up once walking / moving around. end up under your armpits.

if not i'd try next size down.

they should have done it in normal black that jacket.
prefer blazers / some other type of jacket for that material / pattern.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good GG, I could see you sizing down one though for that skinny look. You get props for cool hair, too.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hediboy that leather looks amazing! Good to have your connoisseur eye on this tread! I'm considering this bottle green calfskin jacket from this season. Do you have experience with this cut? Anything that color, or do you think it'd be something that'd stay in the closet too much? I have a Dior buttery calf racer (made in France), so it's competition is stiff.
1582396449853.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody seen the drugstore Derby in person and have any thoughts on them? I really want more shoes in my wardrobe (as opposed to boots which I have plenty of).

That brown leather is nice by the way.

Bill H

Reaction score
Personally, I don't like it closed.. if you are going to go half zip, maybe this size,... but I think I am with the guys on the size down if you are going to wear open. ... but kind of tough to say... I would figure out how you are going to style it and see it with the full look on before evaluating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads