• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone post a few pages ago that they're doing a runway show at the end of the month?

Malour

Reaction score
Didn't someone post a few pages ago that they're doing a runway show at the end of the month?
Yes my friend, next friday at 20:30. I honestly don't buy the fact that they didn't do a mens show because of money; LVMH makes more than ever. I think it is because SS20 mens and women are identical, so hopefully AW20/21 will be the same, and then it just makes more sense to only do one show.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'd be great to see. I have been sensing a little more energy on this thread. I've made my first Celine purchases two years in now. Maybe more of a lag compared to SLP, but the chic Parisian bourgeois look is growing on me. Just wish there weren't so many bell-bottoms. ha

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That'd be great to see. I have been sensing a little more energy on this thread. I've made my first Celine purchases two years in now. Maybe more of a lag compared to SLP, but the chic Parisian bourgeois look is growing on me. Just wish there weren't so many bell-bottoms. ha
You're not tempted by the blazers or suits? I really wish people posted more fits in here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm well suited out, with about 7 from Dior, and about 5-6 blazers from Saint Laurent. I might be that demographic that's a bit Hedi'd out in terms of the large purchases. Plus, Celine suiting and blazers, especially, are cut longer than DH or SLP, which is not good for me at 5'6". Dior has the "court" cut, which is shorter and proportionally so perfect for me and I'm assuming the East-Asian customers.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
@X66666 : Do you know how many of each garnment is made ? Stocks seem always low everywhere. Is that a marketing strategy ?

Furq

Reaction score
Stocks seem extremely low as you say

only ordered a few items, and my size is not uncommon. However they have to typically order from a different store and state that’s the last of its size at the moment within the US

X66666

Reaction score
@Louis Louis Alot of the quantity goes to flagship stores instead of regular boutiques. This is honestly because the majority of the sales for RTW are usually in massive stores like in Japan and HK as suppose to the US.

X66666

Reaction score
@GG Allin The good "****" usually goes to the top-performing stores in the most profitable regions and will rarely appear is normal Celine boutiques, due to the mere fact that they're more likely to sell. If you live in the US, Goodluck!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm well suited out, with about 7 from Dior, and about 5-6 blazers from Saint Laurent. I might be that demographic that's a bit Hedi'd out in terms of the large purchases. Plus, Celine suiting and blazers, especially, are cut longer than DH or SLP, which is not good for me at 5'6". Dior has the "court" cut, which is shorter and proportionally so perfect for me and I'm assuming the East-Asian customers.
Oh yeah, I remember you saying that before now. That sounds like an amazing collection by the way. Have you purchased or tried on double-breasted blazers or suit jackets before? The only one from Celine that I like at the moment is one of those, and I'm frankly not sure I could pull it off.
@GG Allin The good "****" usually goes to the top-performing stores in the most profitable regions and will rarely appear is normal Celine boutiques, due to the mere fact that they're more likely to sell. If you live in the US, Goodluck!
Yeah, I'm in the United States and, worse still, totally reliant on the webstore. I'm kinda bummed because the tailoring from the runway show I really liked is not showing up on the websites, and I'm assuming based on what you wrote that it's just not going to.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I wonder if the policy of not allowing online retailers to stock menswear to maintain an air of exclusivity backfired, with demand being less than expected.

This is what I've been thinking as well, non-established, expensive brand and artificial scarcity.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely similar experience here in the States low stock in XS/44 even in New York! I think they had two dress shirts in 37 last time I was there, which I found shocking (Dior for instance will have too many to try on). Maybe I was asking for a skinny cut, I don't recall. Paris did have more, IIRC.

GG Allin - I never ventured into the double-breasted suit arena. I know it's popular now, but I like to wear my suits unbuttoned a lot for the Tom-Ford look, ha (I think he said a suit always looks better unbuttoned), and I feel as though there'd be too much fabric. They usually are cut long with peak lapels so not exactly my style. I'm still into slightly slimmer, not skinny, lapels, a very tapered body, high arm holes, very tight arms with a slight flair at the sleeves, short jacket, very skinny legs with a low rise. I'm extremely anal about suiting. If it's not fully canvassed I don't bother.

X66666

Reaction score
Stock for majority of RTW and the hyped pieces like the snakeskin boots and all forth all depend on the performance of the store. It’s a harsh reality but at the end of the day it’s a business, they’re in it for the money. So I feel very bad for a lot of people who adore the collection but cant even try on every piece. Even if you asked for something to be transferred from another store or another region you are asked to pay a full deposit for the item.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
With Celine, you have to try the items instore since the sizing is all over the place. Shirts are much slimmer than SLP ones and coat/jacket sizing is all over the place

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads