• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

X66666

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I post here a while ago I work as a SSA for celine I was quite skeptical about the forum because I’ve never talked about Celine in a different light before.If anyone has any questions or wants to ask anything feel free to send me some replies because I’m honesty curious that there is customers for Hedi stuff still. I’ll post a photo regarding Hedi’s ideology on alterations.

Attachments

• A31DB40A-9F95-4A4E-A04D-901EE4F2614D.jpeg
    A31DB40A-9F95-4A4E-A04D-901EE4F2614D.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 188

X66666

Reaction score
@Louis Louis To answer your question on commission. It’s solely based on sales like any other sales job. We do get incentives where we can win Celine items like a double breasted blazer or Celine hoodie but inorder to do so you must meet certain criteria. For the double breasted blazer incentive you had to sell 8 Men’s RTW in a span of 2 months which doesn’t sound hard but in retrospect I can easily sell 2-3 handbags on a quite day and 5-6 on a busy day but selling a Men’s RTW piece happens once a blue moon. If you’re lucky once

In relations to the knowledge of SA’s, I think everyone who works at Celine currently is a big fan of Hedi so that’s where it may come from. To be quite honest I’ve heard the same thing from YSL Sa’s commenting more about Hedi then vaccarello. The whole brands identity is Hedi from the creation of the Teddy jacket to wyatts it’s hard to escape that when vaccarello is more of a women’s wear designer then a men’s.

There is no big bonuses working at Celine. I see other SA’s from other brands get 50% discounts of their merchandise or gifts for Christmas my friend who works at YSL got a scarf, wallet and Ysl branded AirPods. I didn’t get anything. I think the brands sees us working at Celine under Hedi is a privilege already.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super interesting. Thanks for sharing. Those alteration recommendations are so spot on! I like that Hedi stays true to his vision for each piece. I'm looking at some Celine leather jackets, but generally, the sleeves are too long. I'm assuming it's not too much at the boutique to have the sleeves taken up from the shoulders (not the bottoms of the sleeves), even with leather...but maybe that's an uncommon request?

X66666

Reaction score
@SirGrotius You should visit a Celine boutique and voice your queries to the instore tailor. They can assist you and give you a definite answer on whether it can be done. Don’t trust what an SA says, not everyone is trained on alterations and majority of the time they’re looking for a sale.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Staff discount at Celine is 30%.

@X66666 : Without saying too much, where are you located ? US, Europe, Asia ?
It's true that i haven't seen a lot of people buying something instore. Bags and small leather goods are very popular, clothes less.

rire

Reaction score
From Celine Facebook group:

"According to my information, Slimane is under pressure by the LVMH management because of Celine's poor results. the next show will be his last chance."

X66666

Reaction score
@Louis Louis Asia, yes 30% is still nothing and you can’t have discount on new season items. So all SS20 is out.

X66666

Reaction score
@rire I don’t think this is the case LVMH lost Hedi once at Dior because he wanted to full control and expansion. Now they have given him the liberty to do so and even create a perfume line from scratch which was also a thing that wasn’t given to him at YSL. Celine is doing bad thus why there wasn’t a show earlier this year. The audience is very niche for this generation. It’s logo mania and flexing your wealth nowadays not looking like mike jagger.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
@rire : info straight from the guy working at SLP...

@X66666 : You're certainly hit the spot, it's a niche market. And the big 10 bucks question : are the people who can afford these pieces the people who want to sport them ? A lot of pieces look like thrift store deluxe. The tayloring is very good but a lot of pieces miss the luxury vibe.

Last edited:

clskier

Reaction score
I'm not very well versed in luxury retail, but only a 30% discount for SA's seems to be absurdly small given that you're expected to be wearing it all times when you're working. I feel like they'd have to give you a stipend to purchase several items to wear regularly as part of your "uniform".

Also, I wonder if the policy of not allowing online retailers to stock menswear to maintain an air of exclusivity backfired, with demand being less than expected.

X66666

Reaction score
@clskier Our uniform is really good. They’re all runway pieces but inevitably they will be thrown out. We are not allowed to keep it. Which breaks my heart. This season I have a donkey breasted blazer for my uniform from this seasons runway.

X66666

Reaction score
We don’t have a budget on uniform. It is handled by HR paris and is handed out randomly. It’s a lottery to see who gets the best thing

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not very well versed in luxury retail, but only a 30% discount for SA's seems to be absurdly small given that you're expected to be wearing it all times when you're working. I feel like they'd have to give you a stipend to purchase several items to wear regularly as part of your "uniform".

Also, I wonder if the policy of not allowing online retailers to stock menswear to maintain an air of exclusivity backfired, with demand being less than expected.
Not to mention that you're living in London or Paris or some other ungodly expensive city.

I'm shocked that the RTW isn't selling, but that might be my bias.

Couple of questions for the insiders: Can we expect more **** to be landing in stores soon? Or is this pretty much it? Also, do these two styles of boot get sized the same as the suede Jacno back zips? Thanks.
337314109C.38NO_1_SUM20_408764v3.jpg

335444109C.38NO_1_Win19_206422v1.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit it's disheartening to hear that they skipped the runway show due to disappointing sales. Pretty obvious, but seems like a downward spiral, as now even less exposure. Celine needs more publicity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics