• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on here so I thought I would share the latest purchase that I'm quite happy with, the Berlin Cavalry boot in calf. I was originally after the Camargue western chelsea but saw that these were the same price, and with the added hardware the seemed a better deal. Plus it still had the western detailing which was what I was after.

View attachment 1317985 View attachment 1317986
View attachment 1317987
View attachment 1317988
View attachment 1317989
View attachment 1317990

I was surprised to see that these had open channel stitching unlike my Jacnos, and are made in Spain so I assume the different factories have different standards. The leather quality and craftsmanship are very similar to my Santiags from Saint Laurent albeit with a higher and chunkier heel, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the same bootmaker. The faux spur details is quite beautiful, and the exposed and branded zip make me think that the Berlin was inteded to be the "signature" boot model like the Wyatt harness was at SL. Though it seems the Jacno boot models are proving to be more popular with customers. Personally I find the higher heeled versions a bit too feminine, but the 3cm heeled boots and derby/oxford iterations are pretty much perfect.

These are so beautiful.

hediboy

Reaction score
PS- How do yous rate the current 70s style leather jackets vs the SS15 whipstitch, and some of those DH biker jackets (like the 4 pocket... even the infamous L zip)?
I do not have DH L Zip, but I do have 07 half cape safari leather jacket. And, funny that today I wore the SS15 whip stitch to pick up this brown jacket (aka Hedi jacket, but in brown). Very tough question, they are all different. SLP is more fun and full of artful design and more grunge and western in most seasons. But I would say so far CELINE provided some perfect tailoring, the choice of leather (lamb or calf or python) is better than SLP, and the details at sewing are something you would appreciate from inside of the clothes, for instance when you turned the jacket inside out, you would see those tight lining filming on the leather or fabrics. So, you could find bigger “noise” on SLP by seeing them, but CELINE provides more luxurious touch when you put them on... For DH, I could not comment much though.
46258D7C-86D9-4648-BDA7-A6DE276479AC.jpeg

Furq

Reaction score
The white python boots and the Berlin boots are amazing.

Bill H

Reaction score
I do not have DH L Zip, but I do have 07 half cape safari leather jacket. And, funny that today I wore the SS15 whip stitch to pick up this brown jacket (aka Hedi jacket, but in brown). Very tough question, they are all different. SLP is more fun and full of artful design and more grunge and western in most seasons. But I would say so far CELINE provided some perfect tailoring, the choice of leather (lamb or calf or python) is better than SLP, and the details at sewing are something you would appreciate from inside of the clothes, for instance when you turned the jacket inside out, you would see those tight lining filming on the leather or fabrics. So, you could find bigger “noise” on SLP by seeing them, but CELINE provides more luxurious touch when you put them on... For DH, I could not comment much though.
View attachment 1318045
Yo thanks for that thoughtful reply... really enjoyed it. Not sure how I would answer myself... need some more experience with the Celine.

Malour

Reaction score
I seem to recall Celine is doing a mixed fashion show. Is that not happening in January during the Paris F/W events?
No, it will probably be during women's in February. My guess is Friday 28th Feb. 20:30. They will however have a pre collection showing in Paris during the mens which is happening now. Anyone with access to something like this?

SpencerA

Reaction score
Didn't Celine do high and mid-waist black denim? Noticed a few 'low waist' and 'low rise' on the web store not sure on the differences there.

melonfarmer

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the international store and e-commerce rollout has been so slow? I'm having a hard time sourcing a pair of jodhpurs and jeans in Sydney, Australia. While there is a store here, it only stocks the women's collection. I'm currently dealing with a delightful SA who works at the Syd store who is trying to source the boots from Hong Kong and the jeans interstate. I also wanted the western shirt in marble wash but apparently it wasn't sold in APAC. Just take my money LVMH!

Apparently there are only two pairs of the jodhpurs in the size I'm after in all of APAC. My concern is that they may be display models or pairs that have been tried on by clients. Is this a rational concern or am I being pedantic? Is it common practice for high-fashion houses to sell the items that clients try on for the RRP?

Furq

Reaction score
I think it can be hard to say in regard to your question

for what it’s worth most high end places will usually only have a couple of items of a given size available that I have seen at least. Unless it’s a particularly high volume selling item

hediboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the international store and e-commerce rollout has been so slow? I'm having a hard time sourcing a pair of jodhpurs and jeans in Sydney, Australia. While there is a store here, it only stocks the women's collection. I'm currently dealing with a delightful SA who works at the Syd store who is trying to source the boots from Hong Kong and the jeans interstate. I also wanted the western shirt in marble wash but apparently it wasn't sold in APAC. Just take my money LVMH!

Apparently there are only two pairs of the jodhpurs in the size I'm after in all of APAC. My concern is that they may be display models or pairs that have been tried on by clients. Is this a rational concern or am I being pedantic? Is it common practice for high-fashion houses to sell the items that clients try on for the RRP?
I did experience that for the first season python boots, ended up to get transfer within APAC, but it worked out to me. Stocking is a huge issue, that somehow creates scarcity that drives me (no good..) to order something I really want at the beginning of season after trunk show, normally ended up to wait for another long period of time... No way you could compare with regular online shopping experience...

X66666

Reaction score
Hey guys,

new user here just randomly saw this thread and was interested to see the consumers perspective on Celine. I work for celine and would love to answer any questions you guys had.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers that's interesting. What are the main differences you've found?

It looks like short blazers are 69cm which is the same as at Saint Laurent. It's a nice length, short enough to be stylish but long enough to be pretty classic.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Hi,
without telling too much, it may be interesting to us to know what is your position at Celine. SA ? Management ? Marketing ? Design ? Are you here on a mission or just out of curiosity ?

Thanks

Last edited:

X66666

Reaction score
I’m just curious. Because like you guys mentioned earlier a lot of the stores are quiet and the people purchasing in stores are die-hard Hedi fans. I’ve been with celine every since the transition took place amongst designers. The biggest change would have to be in the brands overall guidelines, it is more strict and controlled. We can not communicate much with the customer about stock quantities and the release of certain items such as the “lifestyle” And “perfume”. Majority of the good items go to high performing stores such as HK and Japan thus why it’s quite hard to obtain certain pieces from collections. I’m an SSA

Louis Louis

Reaction score
It seems that there were huge investments made and that the return is not as expected. Have you info about that ?

What i understand is that it sells very well in Asia but that it's slow in Europe. SA are complaining about the collection, some items are overpriced (military parka, technic cotton western jacket), others aren't made available easily. And the sales were rather disappointing, even SA don't understand why so few items were on sales, they had to send back a lot of pieces last week, but at first i heard that there was no sales planned at all.

The perfumes seem to perform well, and i must say that they are really well made.

The managers must have expected that Hedi Slimane's name will be forceful enough to draw customers behind but i think a lot stick to SL. And maybe some people not aware may think that Celine is copying SL...
And last, as you see this thread is not very lively because there's nothing really exciting to discuss.

But if you're willing to share any info about the creative process, i'm all ears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads