• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those pythons are insane. That's cool that the delivery date is bumped up; I would have anticipated the inverse!

rire

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpg
    IMG_2508.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 255

Randeep

Reaction score
After visited the Haute Parfumerie workshop, could not resist to get one bottle, even I am not perfume guy... Beautiful design and special scents. Lovely!

So after teasing like that you're not going to say which one you purchased?

I got:

Black Tie - the scent Hedi created for himself (so said the SA at Bond St).
Celine.com said:
A COUTURIER’S PERFUME, THE EXACT OLFACTORY INTERPRETATION OF HIS STYLE IN RELATION TO FASHION: HIS OBSESSION WITH BLACK AND A TAILORED SILHOUETTE.

AN ANDROGYNOUS COMPOSITION, AROUND VANILLA AS DENSE AND AS CRISP AS GRAIN DE POUDRE OR LACQUERED SATIN. FASHIONED LIKE A DINNER JACKET, CEDAR AND TREE MOSS STRUCTURE ITS ALLURE, WHILE THE POWDERY CARESS OF ORRIS TROUBLES BODY AND MIND.

WHITE ORRIS BUTTER, CEDAR, TREE MOSS, VANILLA, MUSK.

Reptile
Celine.com said:
A BEGUILING AND MUSICAL PERFUME FOR CENTER-STAGE.

THE OLFACTORY TWIN OF THE STAGE OUTFITS AND ROCK STAR PORTRAITS THAT HEDI SLIMANE MADE THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE AS A COUTURIER.

LIKE A KALEIDOSCOPE OF BLACK AROUND TREE MOSS, FEATURING FACETS ELECTRIFIED BY OTHER NOTES… A TOP NOTE WITH THE ELEGANCE OF CEDAR, THEN THE TOXIC AND MYSTERIOUS CHARM OF LEATHER AND PEPPER, TRAILING INTO AN ADDICTIVE MUSKY AND POWDERY PATINA.

CEDAR, PEPPER, TREE MOSS, LEATHER ACCORD, MUSK.

hediboy

Reaction score
So after teasing like that you're not going to say which one you purchased?

I got:

Black Tie - the scent Hedi created for himself (so said the SA at Bond St).

Reptile
I got Reptile, thinking to get either California or Black Tie next. Black Tie is kind of sweet to me though. NightClubbing is really interesting scent of woody tobacco, but I am not a smoker, so less of a choice.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sherpa denim jacket arrived several days ago. These are definitely sized wrong so I'd recommend anybody that might be interested to buy a size down compared to their regular size. After sizing down it now fits nicely so I'll be keeping this. Still a somewhat boxy fit as you'd expect with this kind of jacket, but no longer ridiculously big in the arms and shoulders, and I can still comfortably button it. I could probably go down another size to a small if I was to only wear it open, but I think it would probably pull a little bit at the chest when buttoned, and with this kind of jacket I would want to be able to button it sometimes in the cold.

I'm really liking the rhinestone blouson and the prince of wales down jacket at the moment could do with trying them. The rhinestone one is probably a bit flash for me, but I really need to get around to going to a store to try a few things.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No the microtweed one. Thinking more about it it's definitely too fancy for me though.

I'd like to try the brown check jacket as well. Saw a guy on Instagram trying it and it looked nice. For me the short jackets have been the stand out items this season and I haven't really been too bothered about the coats which are usually more my thing.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kieran - what has been your take about the quality? I remember early on there was questions about the leather, but now I notice even the site has everything listed made in italy, for the most part, and the pieces are looking nicer to me.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't handled much as I still haven't got around to going to a store, but the items I have bought so far have been a clear notch up in quality from Saint Laurent. All fabrics have been really high quality and everything has been perfectly made. At Saint Laurent it wasn't unusual for items to be stitched badly, with uneven seams and makings (epaulettes on jackets were sometimes higher on one side for example), glue left on shoes, and so on.

I don't have any boots or shoes yet, but the leather on my belt and sneakers is definitely much finer than the leather on my Saint Laurent belts and sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads