1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Also does anyone know about where Celine is likely to sit quality wise? I’m a bit picky and like a fully canvassed suit jacket but wondering if that’s too much for this brand.

2. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior Member

I’m going to be taking a shopping trip to New York in late January and intend to make an appointment at the Celine boutique in Soho. I will be shopping for handbags for my wife and daughter but am interested to check out the new clothing lines. That said, can anyone comment on the quality of the handbags? I know they have been immensely popular but would like to know if the quality is there for the price. Thanks!

3. Serad

Serad Senior Member

Any update on when stuff is supposed to drop and which (online) retailers? I’m kind of deciding between the SLP Lukas boots in python or these Celine boots which also seem to be python or croc of some sort? I was hoping retailers would be having to start some drops by now.

55743E36-2377-4FF6-85D9-E5AAD47FF222.png

63007B22-81C0-4378-B5C2-2743344AF57B.png

4. rocks

rocks Distinguished Member

You might want to check the Purseblog.com for reviews regarding Celine handbags.

5. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out.

6. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

February is all we're told. In the Celine group someone said retail stores are getting a limited amount of items, 2 per size for denim.

7. rire

rire Member

What's the address of the Celine group please?

8. scanner

scanner Senior Member

As Adamdraps said, only a few sizes in each will arrive not for sale, but to be shown to early clients for pre-order or be put on a wait list. If you're nice to an SA or befriend one they will let you know when things arrive to take a look at or try on and then you can put your name on a wait list or pre-order and pick up when available. I would imagine March/April is when we will see items available for a wider release.

9. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

Thank you... this is helpful.

10. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Well-Known Member

This makes more sense

11. zebidee

zebidee Well-Known Member

My insider information at MrPorter is that nothing will be available at least the first year. We will see...

12. SirGrotius

What are the codes that signify the house of Céline? I know during Hedi's (and others') tenure at Dior, there was the ubiquitous bee, the use of yarn to symbolize couture, and floral prints, for example, and obviously, at YSL there is the leopard pattern, western/desert themes, and the smoking jacket.

I wonder what will be in store to hint at a piece's provenance from Céline.

13. funkyprez

funkyprez Senior Member

In an interview I seem to recall that Hedi said that he didn’t feel there weren’t any codes to carry on. So he could pretty much start anew.

Which didn’t go over so well with the Philophiles.

14. SirGrotius

Strong point funkyprez; I don't notice anything Celine in the two teasers that have been released so far except maybe the logo on the sunglasses.

On that note, there's a new teaser with some interesting pieces...including a clean perfecto. ;)

https://www.celine.com/en-us/home

15. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Well-Known Member