• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
How is women’s collection selling? It was praised a lot and in my (kind of affluent London) circles I see a lot of girls wearing some new Celine.

rire

Reaction score
I have seen a few women wearing Celine, but zero men. In general, seems a much softer launch than SLP.
I've seen one guy wearing Camargue western boots, that's it. Then again, it was in the store so maybe he was just trying them on...

Louis Louis

Reaction score
The weird thing is that SLP SAs can't refrain to mention Slimane design. On at least 3 occasions i have been told "oh, that is a Mister Slimane design". Poor Vacarello must feel lonely...

nekromantik

Reaction score
The weird thing is that SLP SAs can't refrain to mention Slimane design. On at least 3 occasions i have been told "oh, that is a Mister Slimane design". Poor Vacarello must feel lonely...
I think SLP fans became hardcore fans due to Slimane. So now its half trying to keep the ashetics same but change things here and there. SA at my store said a lot of customers asking for D02s that fit like Slimae era and so they started to bring back that fit. Although for me its still too baggy on thigh areas!

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can believe that he is in charge of marketing, branding and promotion. but there's no way he's directly responsible for setting the price. he's a designer, not the owner. does he care (or does it matter) what the margins are at Celine?
I would doubt he is wholly in charge of pricing but I would imagine with him being in charge of everything design, would mean he has some say in the pricing for a garment. I wouldn't think execs at Celine would put overly strict parameters on say, something like a button down shirt, that would hinder Hedi in the choice of fabric or details.
That probably exists more on items such as parfum and leather goods. But I'm sure Hedi still gets a lot of leeway.

bbconair

Reaction score
that's my point. he doesn't own the company so he's likely not setting profit margins. i'm sure he is making most decisions with regards to materials (and thus sourcing), but unless he's deciding what margin celine needs to operate, i think it is more of a function of the costs + premium rather than top line pricing?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%