• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, that small time director married to Kate bosworth
I just did a google image search, and she looks exactly the same in every single photograph.

I don't understand the positive reason in stealing that director's work. I mean, it's a dumb fashion video, it isn't a Robert bresson film, who cares what it looks like?

LantonMills

Reaction score
I somewhat agree.. I just pointed out he’s not really a small time director and has had many films nominated for major awards. I would consider Kate and him active celebrities that I’m sure have had many professional interactions with Hedi.

As I’m sure you know many of these projects have many multiples of creatives working and while the work is pretty shamelessly copied, it is possible both have taken inspiration elsewhere or from the same source or have employed people that know of the source work.

In any case, to your point gg, it is a fashion film and fashion in general lifts everything heavily off pop culture - not saying Michael polish short film is considered notable enough to be in the pop culture zeitgeist, however, it is what it is and nothing has been unique or original since the dawn of man. I don’t think Hedi will be losing sleep over giving Michael Polish his 2 minutes of fame.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Also, the amount of Celine that has just been being bumped for years on grailed is pretty crazy. And I'm also puzzled by this phenomenon of people marking up the price on items that don't seem to be in demand.

I just received my "Grailed seller report" (which I assume they send you if you've sold an item that month) and your comment made me curious if Hedi related brands like Celine, SL and Dior are still popular on Grailed. Short answer: No.

2024-06-24 om 19.02.58.png

What the **** is Hellstar?
2024-06-24 om 19.03.36.png

2024-06-24 om 19.03.47.png

I remember a time when both SL and Celine were in the top 10, so it's an interesting development. The Rick hype has been great for me because I've sold a ton of my Rick pieces to US hypebeasts, even with the $40 usd shipping I had listed for those pieces.

I don't keep up with this stuff usually and I only have these seller reports for the past three months, but it's interesting to see just what type of crowd is on Grailed; very US and internet based.

Maybe Hedi should contact Mike Amiri to create some hype. : )

LantonMills

Reaction score
I would argue that the reason you don’t see SL and Celine as much is due to the fact that

A) most of the items don’t go on sale and are mostly available in store / boutiques rather than online.

B) wearability - most of the consumers have the money to spend and simply wear and use the items as opposed to designers like Rick which have clothes that go through volatile trends and the consumer most likely has buyers remorse due to the polarizing designs.

LantonMills

Reaction score
I’d also like to add, Visvim is a very in demand brand with a rabid fan base that is nowhere on that list and I feel has more loyal customers than Chrome Hearts.

Grailed should not be the reference for consumer tastes, if anything it should be seen as the bottom.

DTOB

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, and please keep us updated on this train wreck.

I think even the most fanatical Hedi Slimane fan would have to admit that he's (at the very least) been borrowing from others' work. Has anyone successfully sued him for this kinda of thing? I wonder what happened with the babeteeth thing...

Also, the amount of Celine that has just been being bumped for years on grailed is pretty crazy. And I'm also puzzled by this phenomenon of people marking up the price on items that don't seem to be in demand.
Yeah the resale market is crazy at the moment. Either you can get a brand new pair of Jacnos for 150 bucks or else items that are available in store for 2k are being sold for 5k.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I’d also like to add, Visvim is a very in demand brand with a rabid fan base that is nowhere on that list and I feel has more loyal customers than Chrome Hearts.

Grailed should not be the reference for consumer tastes, if anything it should be seen as the bottom.

That much is of course obvious. The comment I was responding to was about Grailed, so I continued the conversation about Grailed specifically. Just some relevant and interesting things to look at, nothing more.

LantonMills

Reaction score
That much is of course obvious. The comment I was responding to was about Grailed, so I continued the conversation about Grailed specifically. Just some relevant and interesting things to look at, nothing more.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as dismissive of your comment. It's absolutely relevant and an interesting observation.

I was just adding on to it as I have noticed Grailed seems to have decoupled from the overall consumer tastes of men's fashion and seems to now be a race to the bottom product for flippers / etc.

I honestly see Grailed as a tech product not much different than OpenSea with NFT's.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that Margiela almost crept into the top 5. I know that there are definitely people loyal to Galliano's vision, I just assumed they were a incredibly small relative to other brands. I'm also kinda surprised that Gucci is staying relevant. It's obviously a huge brand, but I was under the impression that they were on a downward slide. I guess I don't really follow fashion too much, so I may be way off on this.

I somewhat agree.. I just pointed out he’s not really a small time director and has had many films nominated for major awards. I would consider Kate and him active celebrities that I’m sure have had many professional interactions with Hedi.

As I’m sure you know many of these projects have many multiples of creatives working and while the work is pretty shamelessly copied, it is possible both have taken inspiration elsewhere or from the same source or have employed people that know of the source work.

In any case, to your point gg, it is a fashion film and fashion in general lifts everything heavily off pop culture - not saying Michael polish short film is considered notable enough to be in the pop culture zeitgeist, however, it is what it is and nothing has been unique or original since the dawn of man. I don’t think Hedi will be losing sleep over giving Michael Polish his 2 minutes of fame.
It's funny, I've been a huge film buff since I was in my teens. I've seen everything. And I haven't heard of this guy before. I looked at his imdb, and I only recognized one title, which I recall having had zero interest in watching when it came out. It is such a disgrace what American film has become, and I hope Hedi owns this ******

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
In my case, I can say that selling Hedi stuff in general (not just from Celine) has been incredibly slow for the past few months. January of this year was my best month profit-wise since I started reselling his pieces a couple years ago, but after February I barely sell more than 5 items per month. Reselling classic Hedi stuff like leather jackets, boots and wool overcoats usually slows down in the summer but it is noticeably worse than this time last year.

I'm not that tapped into economics but I don't think inflation/stagflation/whatever is that much worse than it was in the past 6 months. Maybe it is though? More people selling their expensive stuff to pay for necessities so they sell their stuff for lower and lower prices to get the quick money they need?

IMO Grailed as a platform is terrible, especially for sellers. Less than a third of my sales are on there now.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised that Margiela almost crept into the top 5.

I'm also kinda surprised that Gucci is staying relevant.
I think both of these are good examples that further contribute to the idea that the Grailed marketplace is not the same as the general fashion market or consist of many buyers who follow specific designers.

I assume Martin-era Margiela fans are probably not contributing to Margiela being on the list, and even as a Galliano Margiela fan, I've been disappointed for a number of seasons now. I can only assume the reason the brand is on the list is from hypebeasts buying it because of tabis cementing themselves into pop culture or rappers etc namedropping Margiela.

Same with Gucci - as an Alessandro Michele fan I'm more interested in what he will do at Valentino and have felt that Sabato de Sarno work since taking the helm has felt uninspiring. I can only assume the brand sells on Grailed because of the type of person who thinks the GG gucci belt is "luxury", and doesn't know the current designer's name or the fact the brand is slipping in sales and status.

Hedi fans looking for SLP or Dior likely aren't buying unless they get a good deal, and with how Celine sales numbers have rumored to look like Celine fans are willing to pay retail instead of flipping through listings.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I also read an article on how post-Michele Gucci has been tanking. The designs are definitely underwhelming/generic

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my case, I can say that selling Hedi stuff in general (not just from Celine) has been incredibly slow for the past few months. January of this year was my best month profit-wise since I started reselling his pieces a couple years ago, but after February I barely sell more than 5 items per month. Reselling classic Hedi stuff like leather jackets, boots and wool overcoats usually slows down in the summer but it is noticeably worse than this time last year.

I'm not that tapped into economics but I don't think inflation/stagflation/whatever is that much worse than it was in the past 6 months. Maybe it is though? More people selling their expensive stuff to pay for necessities so they sell their stuff for lower and lower prices to get the quick money they need?

IMO Grailed as a platform is terrible, especially for sellers. Less than a third of my sales are on there now.
I'm not a seller (I'm way too lazy), but I've noticed that it's only really recently that you're starting to see L01's selling for well under $2000. Ditto for the overcoats (which I think might be my favorite hedi stuff btw).
s an Alessandro Michele fan I'm more interested in what he will do at Valentino
I"m so out of the loop I didn't even get this memo. I too am very interested to see what he comes up with at that house. I only own a couple pairs of Valentino trousers, and imo the quality is really good.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To chime in, very much looking forward to what Alessandro Michele will do at Valentino, as well. I’ve never worn a lot of Italian brands, but associate Valentino at its roots as a bit more couture, cultured, and higher-end than some other competitors in the space, almost like Dior for the Italian marques. Armani is streamlined and I respect that but not too interesting to me, Prada is great and sleek, modern, clean silhouettes, Versace is a bit crazy for me, ha, although I like the Greek mythological aspersions, and Gucci looks good on me, but as others has stated, is overplayed and can get garish fast. I enjoyed the movie though. :)

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mokaspoon