• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Joyside

Reaction score
Hi , all
I'm planning to buy two celine t-shirts recently, they are not cheap at all, about 1300 dollars after tax! Never worn expensive designer t-shirts, but somehow I like them very much, I tried them on in retail store and was very satisfied. my question is how to take care of them, will they become a mess even after delicate hand washing? Bacon collar? Shrink? And then become cheap? Their washing instructions are even more confusing, such as line dry without spin ? ? What does this mean? Let it drip until dry? Are they worth the thousand dollar investment? Anyone who has bought or similar designer t-shirts is welcome to give advice, sorry for my English mistakes, thank you!!https://www.celine.com/en-us/celine-loose-t-shirt-in-cotton-jersey-2X681671Q.01CC.L.html

Milo15

Reaction score
Hi , all
I'm planning to buy two celine t-shirts recently, they are not cheap at all, about 1300 dollars after tax! Never worn expensive designer t-shirts, but somehow I like them very much, I tried them on in retail store and was very satisfied. my question is how to take care of them, will they become a mess even after delicate hand washing? Bacon collar? Shrink? And then become cheap? Their washing instructions are even more confusing, such as line dry without spin ? ? What does this mean? Let it drip until dry? Are they worth the thousand dollar investment? Anyone who has bought or similar designer t-shirts is welcome to give advice, sorry for my English mistakes, thank you!!https://www.celine.com/en-us/celine-loose-t-shirt-in-cotton-jersey-2X681671Q.01CC.L.html

I wash my clothes in the washing machine, select hand wash setting with cold/tap water. I also put it inside laundry mesh bags with minimal to no spin depending on the material. To dry, I just hang and air dry outside. I never use the dryer at all except for stuff I wear at home.
I wash my clothes depending on the activity I did for the day. If I was outside the whole I would wash but if I just went to the grocery store then I’d wear it again. It might sound gross to some people but the less you wash your clothes the longer it’ll look less worn out.

Joyside

Reaction score
I wash my clothes in the washing machine, select hand wash setting with cold/tap water. I also put it inside laundry mesh bags with minimal to no spin depending on the material. To dry, I just hang and air dry outside. I never use the dryer at all except for stuff I wear at home.
I wash my clothes depending on the activity I did for the day. If I was outside the whole I would wash but if I just went to the grocery store then I’d wear it again. It might sound gross to some people but the less you wash your clothes the longer it’ll look less worn out.
Thank you for that infos:)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wearing a saint laurent hedi t shirt now. They hold up great but I get mine dry cleaned. In fact there’s something sort of elegant about a designer shirt five six years after the fact when they still look pristine. Maybe I’m biased!!

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I hand wash all mine. I wear them many times before I wash though. No sense of washing a shirt I only worn for 2-5 hours. Jeans maybe once a year or once every other year.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hand wash all mine. I wear them many times before I wash though. No sense of washing a shirt I only worn for 2-5 hours. Jeans maybe once a year or once every other year.
You mean your 100% cotton ones? Can I ask how you wash them, and dry them? Is it not an issue with them coming out wrinkled?

Also, I agree with you in washing them less often

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Of course there's always a happy medium between the two extremes. A lot of people, especially in online fashion circles, will tell you to not spend a lot of money on tees because the basic ones are good enough and they'll tell you to spend money on the bigger, more unique purchases.

I've always disagreed with that take because why would you not spend more on things you wear most? Most of my "basic" tees are from "luxury" brands, and then I also have some graphic tees from SL. There's absolutely a difference in cut and quality there. With that said I rarely spend three figures on a tee, let alone four figures on two.

And if it's 100% cotton it's getting thrown in the wash with the rest of the tees. If it survives it survives, if it dies it dies.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That reminds me I have a black luster t shirt from the Saint Laurent era that has been through many washes and now is faded a bit and looks like a cool vintage stones t shirt or something. Still has kept its shape incredibly well though. It’s my beater luxury shirt I suppose.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
You mean your 100% cotton ones? Can I ask how you wash them, and dry them? Is it not an issue with them coming out wrinkled?

Also, I agree with you in washing them less often

Cotton, Silk and synthetic fibers shirts as well. I have a small plastic storage bin, fill it with cold water with woolite dark, swish the shirt around a bit and let the shirt soak there for 15 minutes. take it out of the bin, fill bin with clean water, put shirt back in, swish it around, repeat until no soap comes out of the shirt. Hang on shirt hanger to drip dry.

Joyside

Reaction score
Cotton, Silk and synthetic fibers shirts as well. I have a small plastic storage bin, fill it with cold water with woolite dark, swish the shirt around a bit and let the shirt soak there for 15 minutes. take it out of the bin, fill bin with clean water, put shirt back in, swish it around, repeat until no soap comes out of the shirt. Hang on shirt hanger to drip dry.
Don't you spin? I always thought cotton T-shirts would lose their shape if you hang dry when they are wet , like stretching?

cococococo12

Reaction score
Bad news celine fans : (

Apparently, your saviour Hedi Slimane has been called out for plagirism for his latest collection by a small director (Michael Polish). Michael is apparently in the process of filing suit.

Not a very good way for Hedi Slimane to leave the brand especially after the whole VVIC having an allergic reaction to Black Tie and suing the brand.

Cheers,

C

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apparently, your saviour Hedi Slimane has been called out for plagirism for his latest collection by a small director (Michael Polish). Michael is apparently in the process of filing suit.

Not a very good way for Hedi Slimane to leave the brand especially after the whole VVIC having an allergic reaction to Black Tie and suing the brand.

Cheers,

C
Thanks for posting, and please keep us updated on this train wreck.

I think even the most fanatical Hedi Slimane fan would have to admit that he's (at the very least) been borrowing from others' work. Has anyone successfully sued him for this kinda of thing? I wonder what happened with the babeteeth thing...

Also, the amount of Celine that has just been being bumped for years on grailed is pretty crazy. And I'm also puzzled by this phenomenon of people marking up the price on items that don't seem to be in demand.

LantonMills

Reaction score

Cheers,

C
Ah yes, that small time director married to Kate bosworth

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting - haven't read or was able to find anything about this.

Not sure if mentioned before, but I wonder how fashion houses will handle their IP relative to the rise of AI.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raneeyeeu