• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Personally I'd go with the jacno's over these
I agree, I prefer the normal jacno's over these for versatility and how sleek they look.

How do u guys style these
Yea unironically this

Except if you plan to start a « Lords of the new church » tribute band.
If you're looking for something more punk then I think these would look good and could work given the straps give it a certain edge.
I would style it with ripped/distressed jeans, the recent celebrity styling trend of a vintage band tee, maybe a Kurt Cobain-esque flannel or a faded grey shirt unbuttoned over top the band tee. Then finally throw on a beat up denim jacket. Leather bracelets/accessories as a supplement.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Agree on Jacno > Berlin. The Berlin boots are cool but lack versatiliy to me.

I assume they're based on old school mod/goth/punk winklepicker type boots (which Hedi has done before in SS14) so you could just copy the styling from those eras. Obviously that's multiple decades of inspo but you might be able to find some styles you like. I personally wouldn't go with anything too tight, around an 18 cm hem at the skinniest. And I'd opt for trousers over jeans personally. Depending on your body type and foot size they can look a bit clunky when paired with anything skinny.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already have jacno, just want to try something new
Yeah, I think if they're of interest to you you should definitely pick them up. Personally, I feel like the straps are a bit much, and I don't like the last or the angle of the heel (preferring the jacno for both of these). You can't beat Hedi Slimane footwear.

I do think he's trying with the Berlin boot to nail that proto-goth aesthetic, before being goth became the epitome of lame (i.e. when I was in high school). That's why Louis' reference to the lords of the new church is apt I think. But:
I personally wouldn't go with anything too tight, around an 18 cm hem at the skinniest. And I'd opt for trousers over jeans personally.
As far as styling is concerned I'm fully in line with these guidelines. Even still I think they might be hard to pull off, whereas the jacnos kinda just wear themselves

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenjcalder