• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

Bill H

Reaction score
I think it needs to be dispensed in some type of leaflet or FAQ how salespeople will manipulate the facts to close a sale. Especially from a brand / house eager to establish a beachhead in the men’s sector. They strive to be virtuoso’s at playing to your emotional buying impulses. Hence “it’s 1 of 1 worldwide”
These are the best CELINE boots from Hedi to date
+1

Reactions: DJR

Furq

Reaction score
I agree ... not to derail the thread but a 1 of 1 would be far more than the roughly 2k these boots cost

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
you think thats true lol ?
it wouldnt be worth it for them.

wanted these but never saw them
Same, these have potential to be the best boots from Hedi @ CELINE but I haven’t seen them anywhere other than the runway.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I agree ... not to derail the thread but a 1 of 1 would be far more than the roughly 2k these boots cost

Usually when Hedi does a 1 of 1, it’s similar to the jackets we saw for Hailey and Justin Bieber. Bernard Arnault has plans to drastically increase the scale and sales of CELINE in the near future, so 1 of 1 boots are just bad for business. While rarer boots do exist, they are likely regionally exclusive. I can, however, imagine a boot being the only pair in existence if it’s suited for an owner with uncommonly small or large feet.

Last edited:

youwhat

Reaction score
its not a 1 of 1.
he just glittered / bedazzled some stock jackets.

her jacket looked like it fitted like shit so didnt even send them the right size.

why would would they go to the trouble of grading a pattern for a certain size boot but then just make 1 pair?

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Any reason why Celine isn't available on sites like LVR, Ssense, etc? I can't order from their site as they don't seem to ship to NZ and it looks like no other online retailers stock it. Is it some sort of exclusivity thing?

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
probably similar to a Dior deal where its stocked in other retailors just not online. Celine is on end and some stores in boston had it

Reaction score
End will have it online apparently, and plenty of other stores already have it in person/at retail.

SLP gets discounted heavily at the end of the year, they probably want to be more like Dior where you have to physically visit the outlet store to get sale/discount prices.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, for some reason, I don't see Celine having sales, in the sense, it doesn't fit the vision for the brand with all the investment in the physical stores and art. AT the end of the day though, balancing moving the goods for the brand luster has to be a tough equation!

GG Allin

Reaction score
Does anyone know who does the cover of Television's "Venus" that is on the store's playlist? I believe it's a French band, but I haven't found it.

Reaction score
Yes, for some reason, I don't see Celine having sales, in the sense, it doesn't fit the vision for the brand with all the investment in the physical stores and art.
Yeah, they already have outlets at all the big designer outlet malls (although at least in the UK at Bicester it’s still women’s collection only - or was a couple of months ago). But probably no online sales like YSL.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.