• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Never use suede brush like the one below, all it does is tearing appart small bits of suede. Someone at SLP recommand me to use small white school eraser (like the Staedler one), it is more gentle on the suede.

brosse.jpg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies. I probably won't bother using a spray and just get something to clean them with.

papillo

Reaction score
I have found that concentration does not necessarily correlate with strength of a fragrance. While Dior Homme is quite strong, most of the Celine offerings seem to be rather muted. There are also some differences between the different fragrances (Eau de Californie is weaker than Nightclubbing or Reptile for example).

I tend to apply somewhere between 2 and 5 sprays depending on the fragrance, weather and conditions that I will be wearing the fragrance in.

This is accurate. I still have to make it to Ny to check out these Celine fragrances.

Cheers guys. I usually use one spray behind each ear day to day with DH, and then double it up for nights out. So I guess I'll continue the same with the Celine. I wore my Celine black tie tester to a Christmas party and had a few positive comments so I'm looking forward to starting the main bottle.

The Hedi 30 black suede boots are spot on. Haven't changed since Hedi. Maybe very slightly looser ankle shaft but fine. Must say I love these. I don't know why I've never liked suede previously. Possibly because the ones I tried were too dainty (London 20, and Devon). I think I'll be wearing these a lot.

Is it worth using suede protection spray or just go natural and let them get battered? I've got no experience with suede at all

Wow that was fast. I feel like i just read about you placing an order for them.

I personally think it's worth it to get a suede protection spray and then wearing the heck out of them. They truly gain character with wear.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Talking about boots, does anyone have the Margaret blundstone-esque boots from Celine? The webstore currently has a black version with a rubber sole. I was considering grabbing the Jodhpur that was released with CC, but as winter finally picks up with snow across the US, I figured I would be better off with going with something more versatile for the winter snow and the Margaret boots actually seem like they might be durable for that purpose. Also would be interested in what others wear in snowy weather or non-Celine winter boots alternatives.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I've never experienced this while using a suede brush

Same. I use a crepe brush. I mainly see the brass bristle brushes and those seem a bit risky.

I did just find a boar hair brush and pig bristle brush. Those could be good options. Horsehair, at least the one I have, isn't stiff enough for suede.

Has anyone used the Saphir Renovateur spray? I've thought about getting the neutral for my boots.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about boots, does anyone have the Margaret blundstone-esque boots from Celine? The webstore currently has a black version with a rubber sole. I was considering grabbing the Jodhpur that was released with CC, but as winter finally picks up with snow across the US, I figured I would be better off with going with something more versatile for the winter snow and the Margaret boots actually seem like they might be durable for that purpose. Also would be interested in what others wear in snowy weather or non-Celine winter boots alternatives.

I have both of them in black and brown suede. I get tons of compliments and they're super easy to slip on and off. They're very on trend, sort of ugly and beautiful at the same time. Like an elegant Blundstone ha with a touch of branding. They feel good quality to me and the sole is rugged and useful in the winter especially.

funkyprez

Reaction score
I do really like those Maggie’s, but unless getting them to look thrashed is the point, those boots are not what I would consider for snow. Not as much concerned w the snow itself, but the salt damaging/discoloring the leather. Why not get actual Blunnies or Docs, which for the price you might not mind thrashing?

I no longer live in a region where snow is a worry, but when I did, I had the classic Timberland boot and the LL bean boot. This was long before Hedi dressed me lol

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
actual Blunnies
This might be the best answer that I'll end up considering. I was also looking at Sorel boots for practicality purposes but I think they look so hideous, even if they seem like the best for warmth and being insulated for running errands in the city when it snows. Was also considering a Prada boot for that brand whore in me but am not convinced they're actually appropriate/waterproof to the degree snow requires.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
For winter and light snow nothing better than Aigle Quercy with mutton insole.
D90035F0-DB9C-40E3-9B1B-422DCFE46B09.jpeg

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Same. I use a crepe brush. I mainly see the brass bristle brushes and those seem a bit risky.

I did just find a boar hair brush and pig bristle brush. Those could be good options. Horsehair, at least the one I have, isn't stiff enough for suede.

Has anyone used the Saphir Renovateur spray? I've thought about getting the neutral for my boots.

See my post on the previous page

I no longer live in a region where snow is a worry, but when I did, I had the classic Timberland boot and the LL bean boot. This was long before Hedi dressed me lol

I live in NY and wear my SLP boots year round. No discoloration or damage to the suede.

silentownage001

Reaction score
See my post on the previous page

I see. I was thinking of the Renovatuer spray which is the conditioner and the Super Invulner is the protector. Regardless, I've only heard good things about both.

Good idea on the boar hair brush too. I'll get one at some point. The crepe brush is gentle which is nice for general brushing, but deeper stuff won't come out as easily.

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed in this. I'm not a huge leather jacket fan, but the leather bomber in TKP looked so cool to me and the idea of an Hedi leather bomber was the first leather jacket I was actually excited about and interested in grabbing. But when they finally released one, it's massacred by a logo.
2EB41303P.38NO_1_SUM22.jpg
2EB41303P.38NO_2_SUM22.jpg

I guess I'll grab the black teddy corduroy instead...

godnose

Reaction score
Only get the item you truly love. I agree this jacket doesn't suit a logo. A bomber especially is too low key for a logo I think.

I personally really did like this jacket from TKP and I thought it suited the logo - for me I could only rock a leather jacket with a hood:

Men-s-Boule-Oversized-Calf-Jacket-CELINE-24S-1.png Men-s-Boule-Oversized-Calf-Jacket-CELINE-24S-2.png
I do think there'll be a clean leather bomber in the future though, so wait until it comes.

brown2190

Reaction score
I agree with this, I was excited for that bomber jacket too, but couldn't believe this logo was added on the back...! Super tacky and it just doesn't suit the vibe of the piece at all. Too bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads