1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Senior Member

pretty much expected the clothes to be released in January or February. The celine facebook group has started naming the prices for some items but mainly outerwear

2. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

I was told the same

3. OhMe

OhMe Senior Member

Wow, I totally missed this thread ! I am really happy to find you here, guys.

My feeling about the collection : not crazy, but very solid, as expected. Pure Hedi.

It's close to Saint Laurent in a lot of ways, but I see already strong differences. First of all, the Paris "spirit" which really differs from the LA connotation. There are new cuts like things with shoulders, more double breasted jackets, more tailoring in general. The overall aesthetic is purer, more elegant. Can't wait to see the next collections.

Outerwear pieces seem beautiful. At least when you look HD photos and not the video with, once again, horrible quality (in 2018 it's sad).

Oh, and I totally felt in love with the sountrack by La Femme :

Now this time, for CELINE era, I decided to be more "serious", I mean I will concentrate in outerwear pieces, which are ultimately the most important thing (with footwear).

Two pieces I will seriously consider to buy :

1/ The trench coat, which seems perfectly executed. I guess the idea here was simply to deliver the "perfect version" of an iconic piece : all the details we can expect, the color, with reworked proportions and premium cotton treatment and hardware. Probably a serious candidate for the "permanent collection".

I don't have a trench coat, so it could be a perfect occasion to buy one. The kind of purchase you generally never regret as it is a strong intemporal piece you can wear a lifetime.

I want the sunglasses too.

[​IMG]

2/ This jacket, wich is elegant and casual at the same time, with this "military vintage" connotation. Like the trench, I like all the details and the proportions. I like the color too. There was a similar piece in the FW 2015 collection, but I prefer this actual version.

The kind of piece which seems to be underestimate but actually it's quite strong. And rare : I live in Paris and I never see things like that.

[​IMG]

Can't wait to try.

4. rire

rire Well-Known Member

That trench is beautifully executed. Can't wait to try either! Let's go together, I'm in Paris too.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Senior Member

Aye aye! The short military-style jacket in the second pic reminds me of Christopher Bailey's stuff.

6. Trixz

Trixz Well-Known Member

7. Trixz

Trixz Well-Known Member

And I only liked SLP because of Hedi.

Now when people ask me what denim, shoes or shirt I'm wearing I say Hedi Slimane. Then I laugh in my head thinking, "So it begins for you."

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018

8. thorns

thorns Senior Member

The only thing that throws me off about the trench is the collar. It looks kind of big...

I was looking at the recent trench coats he made before he left Saint Laurent and they do have larger collars than the 2013 ones. So he’s been consistently moving in that direction.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018

9. thorns

thorns Senior Member

upload_2018-11-10_16-11-44.jpeg

upload_2018-11-10_16-17-58.jpeg

I’m more of a fan of slim collars

10. rocks

rocks Distinguished Member

Same, looks better..

11. mugatu

mugatu Senior Member

Cropped sergeant type jacket. Hedi's done it before:

[​IMG]

Not that rare of a site on Paris runway, even Demna had a go at it:
    [​IMG]

12. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

Speaking of which, In the Morning and VOTC are still fire...

13. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

sounds really cool

14. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

I was initially underwhelmed by the collection but the detailed product shots have more than piqued my interest. As is typical with Slimane, the beauty is in the details, and I think it will take a few seasons at Celine before he wins over the following he garnered at SLP - however most of those types were the hypebeast and Asian clientele who desired the brand due to its luxury appeal and chic aesthetic. This time around, Hedi will have a bit more competition as he attempts to pilfer the current SLP clientele (a mission on which I think he will gladly embark) and drown the naysayers and imitators (Amiri, etc.) but I think he is more than up to the challenge.

15. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

I was also pleased to see him ignore the streetwear trend and stick with formal attire and his usual black/white palette - it is infinitely more luxurious and timeless. I am saddened by the ostensible arrival of menswear in late winter but I suppose it makes sense since he is rebuilding/rebranding the Celine boutiques (or at least some of the stores I've seen), similar to what he did at SLP. I can't wait to see the boots in person - the market does seem pretty crowded ATM with all the leftover/new SLP, Amiri and countless Wyatt and Chelsea renditions but I think Hedi can make room for his pairs if he adds unique textures/skins and perfects heel height and toe shape.