• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Bryan55

Reaction score
Saw this in store and it honestly didn't look too bad if a person wanted a varsity jacket a la high school varsity sports, but the C is too reminiscent of the The New York Times typeface where it seems a bit jarring. The enormous C on the back of it is off-putting, though. I prefer the other Celine varsity jackets others have posted previously. And I'm still kicking myself for not getting the deep purple jacket from FW20.

View attachment 1680913

Indeed. I can confirm this Teddy is WELL worth every penny I paid for it. It gets complimented every time I wear it.

Louis Louis

Reaction score
Oh shut up please (i’m joking).
I also missed it and deeply regret it.
I think there is also a brown iteration, but I’ve never seen it in real.

@#))@#))

Reaction score
Saw this in store and it honestly didn't look too bad if a person wanted a varsity jacket a la high school varsity sports, but the C is too reminiscent of the The New York Times typeface where it seems a bit jarring. The enormous C on the back of it is off-putting, though. I prefer the other Celine varsity jackets others have posted previously. And I'm still kicking myself for not getting the deep purple jacket from FW20.

View attachment 1680913

The worst US exclusives are the logo tshirts/hoodies. They come off as band-merch for TKP. Even the plain CELINE logo tshirts are better than these.

It would be great if Celine started offering slightly more choices/variety in their permanent "Celine essentials" section for menswear consisting of some of the more traditional offerings in the past few collections. I would assume they would sell well.
totally agree, I just want some basic dress shirts and they are never in stock.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why they don't maintain a range of classic essentials properly. There's no point losing what I would imagine must be a pretty significant number of customers by going in this completely opposite new direction only.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Hey look, we finally got a "US exclusive". Thanks a lot
2V41F896C.38NO_1_WIN21_V2.jpg

This is one of the best Jackets Hedi at Celine has put out but that hood kills it for me

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
I like the purple one much better, but I take your point about the hood not being good

Its very much in the style of a cheerleading varsity letterman jacket and the olde English font C is a bit too oversized for my tastes. I would've liked to have seen a much smaller Triomphe logo at the front and nothing on the back.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryan's varsity is by far the best. I remember looking at it lovingly in the shopping cart one day and then getting distracted and when I came back it was gone, That's probably around the time I started complaining about "low stock."

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of essentials' collections, I still think Dior does an excellent job:

bobby jonathan

Reaction score

View attachment 1680913

The worst US exclusives are the logo tshirts/hoodies. They come off as band-merch for TKP. Even the plain CELINE logo tshirts are better than these.

It would be great if Celine started offering slightly more choices/variety in their permanent "Celine essentials" section for menswear consisting of some of the more traditional offerings in the past few collections. I would assume they would sell well.

Must the tassels, match the drapes ?

bobby jonathan

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
Must the tassels, match the drapes ?

Unfortunately I am not a fan of the Celine tassel loafers, which is very sad because I am someone who adores a good loafer. So I usually wear a pair of horsebit gucci loafers or a churches loafer if I want to wear loafers with a Celine shirt or jacket.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not a fan of the Celine tassel loafers, which is very sad because I am someone who adores a good loafer. So I usually wear a pair of horsebit gucci loafers or a churches loafer if I want to wear loafers with a Celine shirt or jacket.

Don't feed the troll please.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, speaking of footwear. my boot game is not close to my RTW assemblage. Thinking about getting another pair. Right now I only have two boots (not counting JL low cut shoes that I wear on dressier occasions, such as Chapels, etc.).

My black boot:
2015 SLP Ranger Side Zip (a favorite)
1633804691038.png

My most complimented shoe (JL Alder boots).
1633804794514.png

Am thinking of picking up one more pair of boots between these three, or more likely, just getting bored and not buying any of them!

Black Museum Calf Alders (I have a collector side to me):

1633805002586.png

1633804897603.png

Celine on MrPorter (so ugly I kind of love it):
1633804932754.png

Celine Rangers (don't mind this side buckle, but may be too duplicative with my SLPs):

1633804984840.png

One little tricky thing is once you wear Lobbs everything else feels junky, but I can probably get by that with HS brand loyalty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads