• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
Basic sportswear, stuff that you find at Stadium, etc.. but with CELINE printed on them and ridiculous designer price tag. It's all interchangeable, only difference is wether it says Celine, Balenciaga or Givenchy on it, yawn.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I don't think I can be bothered to stick around through many more seasons like these.
I think you just have to accept that Celine isn't "for us" anymore. It's obviously for the zoomer social media generation, which is fine. It's a good market to be in.

Ever since TDK I like a few pieces here and there but that's it. I hope Celine will change direction but I highly doubt it. They just want to get that bag in the end.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sums it up for me:

1621263059755.png

I'm of a similar mindset as others above. I occasionally like a piece here and there, however, the overall oeuvre is certainly not appealing to me and the fits have been so tricky that my Celine to SL ratio is probably .5:10 (note the decimal).

For some reason, I'm still anticipating a knock-out collection here and there, but maybe that's the optimist in me. ;)

Louis Louis

Reaction score
I've heard third rate gossips that HS is no longer alone at the head of the design team. It's hard to believe that the same person designed those sharp leather jacket and all this non-sense. The truth being surely that they chase the money where it is and the few nice items are ruined with abundance of bold logos.

Randeep

Reaction score
The abundant logos might just be them spearheading the new monochroms collection which seems to include (some of?) the branded pieces from FW21.

I'll wait to see what else drops from FW21 before I despair entirely. Plus, SS22 must be showing when - September at the latest? So that'll give us a flavour of whether to abandon ship.

For what it's worth, I've just bought into the hype and grabbed the Celine branded socks and tennis cuffs - a variety to choose from (I may just end up returning them all, who knows). Yes, I'm that guy that'll pull those socks over my skinny trackpants like a proper yute :bounce2:

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can be bothered to stick around through many more seasons like these.
I keep coming back to this thread driven by some sort of absurd Beckettian instinct
I've heard third rate gossips that HS is no longer alone at the head of the design team. It's hard to believe that the same person designed those sharp leather jacket and all this non-sense. The truth being surely that they chase the money where it is and the few nice items are ruined with abundance of bold logos.
Truth. I keep thinking that there's no way Hedi Slimane is designing this stuff, but it makes me feel like one of those out of touch Russian peasants prior to the revolution who refused to believe anything bad about their beloved tsar.

Randeep

Reaction score
So... in order to attempt to fill the gaping void left by @thorns (please come back), thought I'd update on my latest purchase besides the socks, since some others here were interested.

I finally pulled the trigger on the handcuff bracelet. I got it from Celine Mount St. The code differs from the one online which makes me wonder what was changed (if anything) in the 'newer' version. Incidentally though, it did come in an old Céline branded box (with a nice fluffy interior) and dustbag. Probably being sustainable but I rather mis-understand it as a piece of transitionary history :)

IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

Regarding sizing - I have very skinny wrists - just a touch over 16cm. So I "should" have got the C3 size. However, I plumped for the C4. In store I was going back and forth between the two options for a while. My usual SA was adamant I should go with C3, but the French SA convinced me otherwise when she noted how the larger size C4 gave a more louche appearance, which, given the nature of the bracelet and how I'd wear it, I was all for (the C3 looked slightly too 'well fitting' for a punk-ish bracelet). I will only wear it sparingly, carefully I hope, so hopefully I can limit the number of scratches that will inevitably develop.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks super awesome to me! Serendipitously, the "Kurt" jeans arrived today, as I had purchased them on a whim after seeing a cool instagram ad and to go with the flow of the looser-pants unwashed masses.

Probably needless to say, but it was a bit of a horror show. On the positive side, if you're looking for 90s fades, wide legs, and excellent selvedge (I haven't seen that since what 2004?) and MIJ quality, these would be great.

For me, being on the thinner end of the equation, they left me bow-legged looking and ill proportioned. The wideness of the look sparked a "they're horrible!" response from my better half, and she's much more with the latest & greatest than I am.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I do wonder what the zeitgeist is gonna be once lockdowns are completely over. Although this is purely speculation, it wouldn't surprise me if Hedi/ whoever the lead designer is is focusing more on TikTok styles due to people being at home more often. Sweats, wider cuts, loungy/athletic wear all makes a lot more sense given the current state of the world. Can't really imagine rocking 19-20 stuff at home.

These days I tend to be rocking straight-ish (dior 21cm from ss05(?)) leg denim with real cowboy boots (lucchese, thinkin of getting a pair of tony lama pythons) and tees, tanks, and raw hem ocbds with too many buttons undone. Just looks more casual and fits in a little better, especially since I'm not hitting up bars or concerts at the moment. Probably won't return to super skinnies (except my levi 511 commuters, fuckin love those), for a while. Been looking to maybe cop a pair of 3sixteen SL-120x's or just some raws in general. More workwear and "authentic" ss15 stuff

BasicJB

Reaction score
ooh would love to see the Kurt jeans on you! Can you confirm if they are different from the 90s jeans on the websites now? I'm looking for a pair of looser, cropped, balloon shaped jeans to go with the cowboy boots I preordered from TKP (trying to recreate looks from Parade for me) so wondering if I should wait for the mens or go with the women's version. Thoughts?

That looks super awesome to me! Serendipitously, the "Kurt" jeans arrived today, as I had purchased them on a whim after seeing a cool instagram ad and to go with the flow of the looser-pants unwashed masses.

Probably needless to say, but it was a bit of a horror show. On the positive side, if you're looking for 90s fades, wide legs, and excellent selvedge (I haven't seen that since what 2004?) and MIJ quality, these would be great.

For me, being on the thinner end of the equation, they left me bow-legged looking and ill proportioned. The wideness of the look sparked a "they're horrible!" response from my better half, and she's much more with the latest & greatest than I am.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Isn't it cute how we're all worried for Thorns?

@Randeep Very nice pick up. One of the more edgy and punk inspired pieces in recent Celine for sure. Interesting that they're still using old packaging, I've noticed it on coats and jackets a lot too when browsing second hand platforms.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Plenty of bars open in texas and Florida when I went but with the hummid climate all you need is denim and a tee/short sleeve shirt. The outlets should be getting fw20 stuff in June from what I heard from my sa. I'm still waiting for that knockout collection since I only have the caramel boots and fragrances. Most of my recent pickups have been just old slp shirts/belts or some John Varvatos tees mainly the led zeppelin ones.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgment, here are a few photos purely for your schadenfreude!! The rise on these is higher than Kilimanjaro.
IMG_0913.jpeg

Brace yourself:

IMG_0911.jpeg

If not blind, here are a couple close-ups. Even the buttons are old school, or should it be old skool à la Stussy et al:
IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0909.jpeg

They're called
90'S JEANS IN MOONLIGHT WASH SELVEDGE DENIM

MOONLIGHT DESTROY WASH
So maybe not Kurt jeans. I just made that up. ha

BasicJB

Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the fit...reminds me of my old Dolce jeans from the early 00s. All you need is a loose ironic t and a trucker hat to complete the look

All jokes aside, I support your decision in sending these back lol

Against my better judgment, here are a few photos purely for your schadenfreude!! The rise on these is higher than Kilimanjaro.
View attachment 1611331

Brace yourself:

View attachment 1611332

If not blind, here are a couple close-ups. Even the buttons are old school, or should it be old skool à la Stussy et al:
View attachment 1611333

View attachment 1611334

They're called
90'S JEANS IN MOONLIGHT WASH SELVEDGE DENIM

MOONLIGHT DESTROY WASH
So maybe not Kurt jeans. I just made that up. ha

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.