• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Trixz

Reaction score
I realize that it might not make much sense when I talk about "batch codes". So for LVMH, there is an easy way to tell when the fragrance is made, its "batch code" and the fragrance's "formula code". The formula code is supposed to indicate a change in the formula...however in my experience the fragrance can have the same formula code despite smelling different so it isn't a 100% sure indicator, but it is a useful tool. The reverse could be true as in some regions might have a different regulation on which UV filters are able to be used. I remember the Dior Homme in Japan had a different formula code because of a different UV filter, but it smelled the same.

Information on batch code

View attachment 1596205

Example of this change in action. Here is an early bottle of Dior Homme produced in 2005.
View attachment 1596207
Dior HOMME, early bottle,
batch 5L01, formula 1704/A

View attachment 1596208
A rare alternate early version, listing Benzophenone
(an UV-rays blocker), formula 01792/A

View attachment 1596209
DIOR HOMME
differences between 2008 (01704/A) and 2013 (05434/A)

Batch codes and formula codes of the Celine bottles/samples made in 2019:

Saint-Germain-des-Prés
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13941/A
La Peau Nue
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13942/A
Cologne Française
  • 9L01 - November 2019
    • 13943/A
Dans Paris
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13944/A
Eau de Californie
  • 9L01 - November 2019
    • 13945/A
Black Tie
  • 9G01E - July 2019
    • 13962/A
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13962/A
Parade
  • 9M02 - December 2019
    • 14067/A
Reptile
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 14288/A
Nightclubbing
  • 9G01E - July 2019
    • 14289/A
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 14289/A

The batch code and formula code is on the bottle of the cardboard box. The batch code can also be found on the sticker on the bottom of the bottle, but not the formula code.

Interesting to hear this! I just ordered the parade because I thought that it could be my summer scent. It shipped from the NY store and is arriving tomorrow. I’ll need to get back to you if it’s the original formula or the newer one.

To be honest, if it is the newer formula I’d feel a little disappointed because it’s not what is as described from the website and isn’t what the creator intended the scent to be from what I’ve gathered from above.

@thorns thank you for scenting me based off the pictures I’ve posted online. It oddly felt very intimate having someone put a fragrance to what my pixelated style is. It’s interesting seeing what someone thinks I’d like with my personality from the pictures and comments I’ve posted. Also, perhaps a small window of how I portray my identity online.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, if it is the newer formula I’d feel a little disappointed because it’s not what is as described from the website and isn’t what the creator intended the scent to be from what I’ve gathered from above.
I'd like to think that even if there are changes (highly unlikely), it will still reflect Hedi in some form or another since he has to approve it. Now once he leaves Celine, I can't guarantee that any changes will still reflect Hedi anymore. The changes to his Dior fragrances after he left just doesn't sit right with me, but I'm incredibly picky about minute details.

BasicJB

Reaction score
Interesting...my La peau nue and nightclubbing shared the same batch code 9G01E, so I wonder if there are any notable differences from the dec batch

On a separate note, I would love to see Hedi release home fragrances (eg, candles) for CELINE under the same olfactory family. I can see eau de californie and nightclubbing translate easily into home scents. What do we think the CELINE home scents would be?

I realize that it might not make much sense when I talk about "batch codes". So for LVMH, there is an easy way to tell when the fragrance is made, its "batch code" and the fragrance's "formula code". The formula code is supposed to indicate a change in the formula...however in my experience the fragrance can have the same formula code despite smelling different so it isn't a 100% sure indicator, but it is a useful tool. The reverse could be true as in some regions might have a different regulation on which UV filters are able to be used. I remember the Dior Homme in Japan had a different formula code because of a different UV filter, but it smelled the same.

Information on batch code

View attachment 1596205

Example of this change in action. Here is an early bottle of Dior Homme produced in 2005.
View attachment 1596207
Dior HOMME, early bottle,
batch 5L01, formula 1704/A

View attachment 1596208
A rare alternate early version, listing Benzophenone
(an UV-rays blocker), formula 01792/A

View attachment 1596209
DIOR HOMME
differences between 2008 (01704/A) and 2013 (05434/A)

Batch codes and formula codes of the Celine bottles/samples made in 2019:

Saint-Germain-des-Prés
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13941/A
La Peau Nue
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13942/A
Cologne Française
  • 9L01 - November 2019
    • 13943/A
Dans Paris
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13944/A
Eau de Californie
  • 9L01 - November 2019
    • 13945/A
Black Tie
  • 9G01E - July 2019
    • 13962/A
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 13962/A
Parade
  • 9M02 - December 2019
    • 14067/A
Reptile
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 14288/A
Nightclubbing
  • 9G01E - July 2019
    • 14289/A
  • 9M01 - December 2019
    • 14289/A

The batch code and formula code is on the bottle of the cardboard box. The batch code can also be found on the sticker on the bottom of the bottle, but not the formula code.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting...my La peau nue and nightclubbing shared the same batch code 9G01E, so I wonder if there are any notable differences from the dec batch
If they share the same formula code as the December batch then the likelihood that the formula changed is almost non-existent. Reformulations are a pain ********** for the perfumer as they have to tweak it while maintaining its same smell as much as possible, so they don't really do it willy nilly. They only do it when they're forced to do it either to comply with new regulations, or no longer have access to some raw material.

Parade and Eau de Californie candles would be amazing. Since candles don't exist, one way to get around it would be to spray paper with the fragrance and trap the fragrance in a cup. Then lift up the cup to get a shot of the smell periodically.

BasicJB

Reaction score
I wasn't very clear but I meant differences between the July and the Dec batches.

The cup method is hilarious!

If they share the same formula code as the December batch then the likelihood that the formula changed is almost non-existent. Reformulations are a pain ********** for the perfumer as they have to tweak it while maintaining its same smell as much as possible, so they don't really do it willy nilly. They only do it when they're forced to do it either to comply with new regulations, or no longer have access to some raw material.

Parade and Eau de Californie candles would be amazing. Since candles don't exist, one way to get around it would be to spray paper with the fragrance and trap the fragrance in a cup. Then lift up the cup to get a shot of the smell periodically.

pockets

Reaction score
know the dress stole the attention but cudi in the tyson reeder collaboration

Attachments

• CD37BF25-A45A-452C-A8DB-22626E09E8DE.jpeg
    CD37BF25-A45A-452C-A8DB-22626E09E8DE.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 87

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
July and December batches of Nightclubbing and Black Tie smell pretty much identical to me. I'm open to the possibility that there might be very very very subtle variations between batches, but no way significant enough for my nose to be able to detect. I'm curious how things might change by 2022.

BasicJB

Reaction score
Thanks for the detective work! I had assumed they would be similar but wanted to confirm.

For those interested in womenswear, the runway looks are up on the site

July and December batches of Nightclubbing and Black Tie smell pretty much identical to me. I'm open to the possibility that there might be very very very subtle variations between batches, but no way significant enough for my nose to be able to detect. I'm curious how things might change by 2022.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The riding boots in black leather aren't bad

1618973639118.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads