• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

recently got the pair of studded derby jacnos.
seriously am more interested in the shoes than boots, the silhouette is just too sleek.
everything else in the fit besides the belt is CELINE 2019.
Are the pants cropped or did you get them hemmed at that length?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That leather looks incredible. Will you get it altered at all, for example, are the sleeves the right length, working buttons (surgeon's cuffs)?

hediboy

Reaction score
That leather looks incredible. Will you get it altered at all, for example, are the sleeves the right length, working buttons (surgeon's cuffs)?
Luckily, perfect fit for me in this size down.

hediboy

Reaction score
Luckily, perfect fit for me in this size down.
Not working buttons, but tux-leather-covered buttons. Reason I size down as the fit is as all other suit jacket and coat in boxy style, not really a fit I like. (Strange I found classic biker is size up with a better fit...)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Not to spam you, but how did you find the fit of the Celine outerwear relative to SLP if you're familiar? Similar, or any tighter/boxier?

Finally, I'm assuming these are MII, although I did not see the country of origin specified on the website.

hediboy

Reaction score
Good to know. Not to spam you, but how did you find the fit of the Celine outerwear relative to SLP if you're familiar? Similar, or any tighter/boxier?

Finally, I'm assuming these are MII, although I did not see the country of origin specified on the website.
Not at all, but not going to be helpful, ironically. Reason is I do have too many SLP jackets and I would say the sizing is pretty much the same Hedi’ standard. That is sizing is still very fluctuating. Not say season to season (as only one in market now), but the black and white biker leather jacket I tried since sample (not selling at store but display for order, how bad their “grand” open in March) at the beginning to real marketable one does have one size difference. Now, I think most jackets are true to size, but just the coat is not land well to my build, so size down is better (tried the patent leather duffle, same as SLP classic duffle, size down would be less roomy). However, I found those leather teddies are bit roomier than what you would see those models at runway, those you would like to size down too. My classic biker is size up, I believe that’s how Hedi would like the design to be, meaning zip up. I think this is really under appreciated piece as the washed calf look old not glam, but the cutting at the size of the back provides some 3D cutting, truly covering your body when you zipped up.

Sorry, not so sure MII, guess made in Italy? Yes, all in Italy, at least 2 boots, 2 sunglasses, and 2 jackets I have...Like the details to describe the origin of leather as well. Biker calf from France, and Chesterfield’s lamb from Spain.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, super helpful. Good point about the biker jackets, as I do think Hedi seems to very often have his leathers zipped on the runway and in photo shoots now that I think about it.

chromecowboy

Reaction score
@hediboy I agree on all fronts and also went up a size in my classic biker. The seasonal tailoring also runs very large to size imo, so I ended up going down a full size for my suit. Didn't try on any "classic" suit styles but I can imagine these run more true to size.

@SirGrotius I own a good bit of SLP outerwear and I find CELINE to be way more relaxed and less structured. I tried on the double breasted cashmere chesterfield, Mac coats in wool houndstooth and leopard cotton specifically. The arm holes don't seem to be cut as high and have more room through the body so I would go down a size for these.

yunBW

Reaction score
I really like the wave trouser, but I wonder if there are any alternative of the wave trouser? I know ami does some carrot fit trouser, but I couldn't find the black color and the pleats is not as strong as I wanted. Any brands to look into? Thank you

rire

Reaction score
Someone suggested Zara woman which isn't a bad idea actually.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.