• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks good on him. I want the light merino turtleneck he has on but can't track one down at the moment.

Sirgrotius I've decided on the skinny union wash. Have you tried the Celine raw black skinny? Are these similar in size? My black fit similarly to how the union wash looked on Hedi, close to the leg but not tight. I went up a little in size to 31 and I want these to fit the same if possible.

I ruled out the slim because they have a loose calf with a significant taper at the hem that just looks weird (see end photos below). If I ever want a looser pair I'd rather just get the 90s or the regular fit sometime down the line.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The slims might look better with no break
1614686686850.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they look better and would be ideal, however to hem them and keep the original hem by reattaching it would be impossible with such a strong taper. New hems on washed jeans look a bit weird.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny, we either have or have been trained to have a similar aesthetic, because that pic above of the oversized suit is the first time that I can remember thinking that that stye looked good.

Kieran - I have the black skinny jeans, too. They are the same fit, although as you might imagine, the union wash pair is a different feel to the fabric, and much more comfortable. I went TTS (28) in both, and it's a touch roomy in the waist, slim but not painted on on the thighs, and similar skinny but not struggle to get my foot through skinny leg opening, ha. (I'm reminiscing a bit on the truly old school skinny jeans.)

It's nice to see that Celine's broader reach in terms of the East-Asian market and now Western publications is coinciding with more product on the webstore. I recall they launched with maybe two pairs of jeans on the US webstore, and now there are at least a dozen IIRC. I like a lot of the new washes and have found a fit that works perfect. It's still quite a contrast to SLP, where there are a surfeit of denim products, at least what, 24 different pairs of jeans. Nice revenue stream.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sirgrotius sounds good.

And I agree it feels like Celine is starting to gain traction now. That's got to be a good sign considering the circumstances over the last year.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wash looks really good in these photos

What size waist are you in these?

I went TTS 28, but I probably could have sized down 1 if I wanted to do a very skinny fit. I'm 5'6" about 123 lbs.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to overkill the denim question, but I'm not enough of a denim-head to discern much difference in fit between the M-SK003 black denim and M-SK004 union wash. Maybe the number signifies something? Here's a quick comparison.
IMG_0419.jpeg
IMG_0413.jpeg
IMG_0423.jpeg
IMG_0408.jpeg

Last edited:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing I notice is how beautiful the black jeans look without rivets. Maybe measuring the jeans and comparing different points will be helpful.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M is for "Mens", SK is Skinny, and the 003 denotes the style (low-waisted).

SK = Skinny
FL = Flares
CT = Celine "Teddy" fit; as I was told by my SA. I assume looser as my selvedge jeans have this.
SL = Slim
ST = Straight

001 = Midwaist
003 = Low-Waist
Dug up this old quote from a member who seems to have moved on to better things in his life. I'm not sure if it is correct

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes that makes sense. M-SK 003 and M-SK 004 are the two actual codes. I managed to misremember the code (MW-SK?!) within the two minutes of looking at it and writing it here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Asian market does have a shorter variation of the denim, at least for the flares.
1614710537721.png

1614710568847.png

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Dug up this old quote from a member who seems to have moved on to better things in his life. I'm not sure if it is correct

This raises a few questions for me. One, did they just skip 002? Two, what exactly is the CT "teddy" cut? I actually remember trying these and thinking the cut was quite "normal" but I guess the main difference compared to the straight leg is the slight taper?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics