1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

The current offerings aren’t very inspiring to me but I am excited for next fall because the last menswear show piqued my interest. I think the general consensus at this point is early SLP > Celine but I think (hope?) that the later collections could sway the pendulum in this brand’s favor.

2. parnyc

parnyc Active Member

Same, perhaps not a strong opening, but the first full fledged men's collection will be Fall/Winter, so there will be a lot more on offer.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

ohyehhh - awesome pics! Love that second jacket! Not sure what is going on with the leather; you mentioned, that they did it on purpose, I'm not sure I'm following...what do people suspect is the intended aesthetic with the nature of the leather (or the zippers?)?

Love your ring, too, very cool. How did you find the sales staff? The Celine SAs in NYC are very polished and well trained.

4. duduzera

duduzera New Member

there's some new boots on the website

Screenshot_3.jpg

5. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

6. HommeBoy007

HommeBoy007 Senior Member

The pythons look great on the site but I’ve seen some actual pictures of pairs people have purchased and they didn’t look as remarkable... I’ll have to wait until I have them in hand before I can pass final judgment.

7. bencap

bencap Senior Member

8. Spanese

Spanese New Member

Hello, created an account to comment.
    I went to the Vancouver location in Holt Renfrew. They do not have anything on the floor yet but I was offered to go up the apartment to see what was available. It was through the entrance of personal shopper. Pretty cool experience.

Unfortunately they did not have what I was after, Leather Jacno side zips. So I only tried on different shoes for size. Seems like it’s similar to slp.

The sales offered to bring them in for me, so she had to contact the buyer. A day later I was told they could not offer international transfer of the boots (from the states), so now she is checking with the buyer again if they can be brought in from EU. Seems like they won’t be carrying them either as it is the end of the season. Very disappointing, was hoping to move from SLP to Celine and at this point SLP seems a lot more accommodating as I purchased 90% of my things in store.

9. hediboy

hediboy Member

Sorry for your experience, that sucks. I am a little bit more lucky that my store in Hong Kong does help for regional and international transfer. However, I have to say the inventory and logistical management so far is extremely sloppy... When store opened in March, really nothing with proper sizes of merchandise stocked (still wondering what would have the size I wanted try could have much different, ended up bought a size up biker....most items just available only one with one size), now after 1month I paid, I am still waiting for the leather chesterfield be shipped from France... Quite disappointed when comparing this is supposed to be the bigger company (in terms of market capitalization).

10. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

A leather Chesterfield sounds pretty amazing

11. hediboy

hediboy Member

24651A32-8F89-4801-ADA3-1563AC6CA416.jpeg
    Hope so...The lamb leather is quite amazing. Although the store has my size, but I found myself is not really fan of boxy cut. So I ordered one size smaller and wait... All I have is just company illustration picture...

12. rire

rire Active Member

"Finished with a cigarette"?

wtf

13. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It is a form of padding to give shape.....

14. rire

rire Active Member

ok thanks

15. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

Thanks, I was wondering about that too. We must have pictures of this coat as soon as you receive it.