1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

2. thorns

thorns Senior Member

What are your favourite pieces? Mostly the ones you posted on Instagram?

3. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior Member

Yeh I like the jackets from both those pictures and the pinstripe trousers from the first picture. Also really like the black and white leather plus the boots and derbies.

Especially love this pair
    [​IMG]

Hoping the denim he releases will be back to the same sizing as the FW13 denim from SLP as they were my favourite and I wish I'dd picked up more

Overall though pretty happy with everything in the collection, it was pretty much what I expected.

4. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

^Where did you get that nice detail shot of that boot?

5. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Senior Member

Those look exactly like the french boots from fw15 but in python

6. brokeassp

brokeassp Distinguished Member

7. thorns

thorns Senior Member

8. GT-R

GT-R Senior Member

I strongly disagree. I think Hedi looks great in them, even with the blue denim.

9. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior Member

Soundtrack for the Celine show by La Femme.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Good article in the FT on how LVMH's goal of doubling Celine's revenues with Hedi may be difficult because a) SLP is still occupying a similar space, b) has Hedi's relevance faded post me-too, and c) I forget.

https://www.ft.com/content/a2c123b6-c44f-11e8-bc21-54264d1c4647

The show is growing on me. My immediate reaction was about as expected, then I went to I surprisingly prefer what Anthony has been doing at SLP more, and finally, now with these detail shots I'm beginning to see how Celine can fit into the picture.

The article does raise a good question about why not his own brand? Is it just another quick 2-4 years of increasing revenue? That sounds fine in this environment, but is Hedi's aesthetic too thin for sa propre maison?

11. thorns

thorns Senior Member

I think Hedi’s legs are too large to proportionally match these heels.

12. thorns

thorns Senior Member

He doesn’t want his name associated with something not created by him. Eventually someone else will be designing Hedi Slimane. Also starting up a brand from scratch is probably too much of a hassle.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Haven't bought anything SLP in a while. Won't be buying any of this probably.

14. scanner

scanner Senior Member

Just got back but it was a great show and while the talk In the crowd was very mixed, most people couldn’t help but see a few pieces they’d buy for themselves.

Personally, I loved it. Hedi has matured and reverted back to his early days all at once and it’s refreshing to see him have another go at the new wave thing. What’s great about this collection is it doesn’t look like it’ll be dated after a season, I said the same about the first collection at SL so we’ll see what happens next. I don’t think Celine will go too crazy with the style and brandinglike everything ended up at SL though and also most if not all the showroom pieces were made in France so I don’t think it will have a huge run, in fact I doubt there will be much available clothing to buy off the rack / rtw aside from tee shirts, shirting, belts, boots etc

This is going to be Hedi’s Chanel for sure

15. thorns

thorns Senior Member

I only notice superficial differences between Saint Laurent and Celine right now, what do you feel about critics saying that it is just Saint Laurent over again? What do you mean by Hedi matured?