1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. scanner

scanner Senior Member

I haven't seen the cashmere coat but imagine its gorgeous.. pretty hard to mess that up.

My main gripe is that with SL there was no SS13 runway show, it was just a campaign which gave time for individual pieces to come out and slowly codify the brand. This time around they went head on with a runway show without introducing us with a foundation.

Anyway, I may go old school Hedi for now and grab some MIJ APC's and tailor them.

2. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

OhMe... my overall thought was the same as you... except for the coats... would be curious to hear your thoughts on the coats...

Question to you all: What Hedi piece blew you away the most in person... like you had to experience it in person to really appreciate. Not including samples; for me, Curtis is really impressive; also the white bomber jacket from VOTC, look 1 caban from FW15 is solid; ochre wyatt fw13 is definitely a cut above all other models I have seen; If I include samples: I have an ochre suede western jacket from ss14... it pisses all over any of these current suedes. Would love to hear your thoughts on these...

3. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

With that, has anyone experienced the Bang jacket, the Mexican Teddy, or the FW16 shearling peacoat in person... I could see all three of these being absolute bangers in person.

4. OhMe

OhMe Senior Member

First of all, I am sorry if my tone seemed unpleasant or something.

I was just very curious about what you said because for me it is clear that the quality level does not reach what we can expect for a luxury brand. I speak for most of the pieces, not 100 %. It's cool for the two pieces you tried, but did you have a look on the rest ?

I am not an expert, I mean I don't work in the industry or something, but still. I have been interested in fashion since more than 12 years. I live in Paris, so it has been easy for me to go to the boutiques during all these years. Luxury brands, less known creators, fast fashion... I wore all sorts of brands... So I consider I have quite a good knowledge.

I am a big fan of Hedi Slimane, I was so happy when I learned his return in fashion. But what I saw at the boutique is a shame, honestly.

If the quality is 6/10, then what I saw at the Dior Homme store a week before is a 9/10 in comparison. For the same prices. Both LVMH.

Actually the situation is so ridiculous that I can't imagine an other reason than "let's rush it to be in time !"

The quality has to increase for the next collection. It is not possible otherwise.

See, @thorns, exception to the rule ! ;-)

5. OhMe

OhMe Senior Member

Yeah I saw a cashmere coat quickly and it was clearly above the rest, but as @scanner said : "pretty hard to mess that up".

FW16 galaxy jacket. I saw it at Paris Montaigne store. Incredible.

Saint-Laurent-at-the-Palladium-Fall-Winter-2016-7-1000x667.jpg

6. thorns

thorns Senior Member

I wholeheartedly applaud you for proving the exception to the rule.

You should describe the quality and write up a more thorough review of the items for documentation/history sake. Would be an interesting contribution to the thread in the long run.

7. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

For the coat, I would argue that he also did a great job with the cut... thanks so much for the galaxy piece idea; that is a piece I never would have had interest in previously...

8. Manderlay

Manderlay Active Member

Anyone noticed they changed the Black Suede boots from the Jacno to the Carmague on the online store?

9. nolovelost23

nolovelost23 Member

interesting.

anyone seen this boot available in the US?
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 12.08.43 PM.png

10. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

I could be feeling those... like a santiag/wyatt hybrid. what do you reckon the color is like in person... can't tell if closer to nut or ochre.

11. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

I love these but it's a shame they have a 30mm heel not 40. The 30mm heel kills the whole vibe.

Screenshot_2019-03-15 Photobucket(1).png

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019

12. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

No...30 mm heel?... what a bummer; I am with you 100%.

13. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

What I can't for the life of me understand is why they've got seven different pairs of the most hideous loafers on the webstore. Who the fuck wears loafers?

14. Manderlay

Manderlay Active Member

Need more boots on the webstore :(

15. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior Member

and why is their only white jeans on the web store? Doesn't make any sense.