1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The official CELINE thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SirGrotius, Sep 3, 2018.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

2. DocJimbo

DocJimbo Member

I agree it was starkly black and white, but also very dressed up. Ties, suits, trenches and mostly high waisted trousers that could be black denim is some cases, certainly leather in others, but not styled as jeans. Always hard to tell how baggy on those very skinny models, but not very form fitting, with lots of legs styled straight down from the knee to ankle without taper.

3. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

I didn't like the look of the trousers at all, but DocJimbo is probably correct that they will look different on normal people. With the exception of that style of trousers, and a couple of the coats, it looked a lot like SLP to me. I don't have the most discerning eye for fashion though.

I must say that I was really digging some of the shoes, from what I could see at least. I'd like to see some detail shots of the ones with the buckle straps.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

The only thing earth shattering will be the price :( that's ok though, not everything needs to be rocket science.

5. papillo

papillo Senior Member

Yea I agree that it looks quite a bit like A continuation of Saint Laurent to me. I gotta see them in person to get a full appreciation. A couple of the leather jackets caught my eye.

6. SirGrotius

Leather jackets and the shoes were also the highlights for me.

7. jtj48

jtj48 Senior Member

I'm liking the trousers. They seem like more moderate versions (or maybe just slimmer, slightly less cropped (ok, there are a lot of exceptions here) versions, depending on your outlook) a lot of what's trendy right now.

What won't be more moderate, slimmer or cropped are the prices thankyouyouvebeenagreatcrowd.

8. SirGrotius

Am I missing something about the pricing? Is Celine known to be more premium than Saint Laurent? Certainly not more than Dior Homme?

9. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior Member

Liked the show, cant wait for it to hit the shelves.

10. colabear

colabear Distinguished Member

it looks like Anthony’s Hedi’s Saint Laurent

11. ruckzuck

ruckzuck Active Member

It's obviously that hedi is targeting sl customers and don't care about the old celine clientele. Some pieces were way too 80's disco for me (leather blazers/coat, weird shaped dress pants), footwear is on point (loved the buckle derbys and chelseas) and already have my eye on one leather, that oversized black parka and of course the basic denim. Can anyone guess when the first items will be in store?

12. zebidee

zebidee Well-Known Member

SLP, without the Rock & Roll. It has only started... It took Hedi 2-3 seasons at SLP before I thought the collections got really hot. I recognize my old pointed flat shoes from DH 04-05.

13. keykoo

keykoo Distinguished Member

He’s always been bad at womenswear and that trend continues.

Menswear is same ‘ol and getting stale but some of the leathers will probably be great as usual.

14. thorns

thorns Senior Member

Definitely need to have long skinny legs to rock the men’s boots. It is sad to say this, but even Hedi can’t rock them well.

15. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

i think its the jeans
    if he had black jeans on he'd look fine.