• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help but feel he will 100% spotlight TikTok even at Saint Laurent. It is just too good of an opportunity to pass up on. But how would the TikTok filtered through his Saint Laurent lens look different than the TikTok filtered through his Celine lens?

Footwear
  • part of me feels like Hedi will keep using the general silhouette of his Saint Laurent sneakers. The sole will continue to be slightly thicker than Celine's offerings. I don't venture too far from what Hedi does, so I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like the Celine sneakers are only ones with slim soles for men. I don't even know if there was a market with men craving slim soles before Hedi pushed it out.
  • he might follow the ss16 formula and just push one new model in multiple variations. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me to imagine him also pushing basketball sneakers.
  • I want to say that distressed sneakers did pretty well for them, so there might be some incentive to push distressed basketball sneakers for his Gen-Z collection, but I wonder if he pushed distressed sneakers for ss16 only because he was following the trend of distressed sneakers...are distressed sneakers still popular?
  • I felt like he was always so hyper focused on one new footwear style, in multiple variations, per runway show at Saint Laurent. I quite like how he has a variety in his Celine shows and he brings back designs from previous collections.
  • 100% I don't think he would have rangers in the show, I feel like rangers being in the ss21 show is more about Hedi having more "freedom" at Celine the weight of the past is not as heavy as at Saint Laurent. Shorts and rangers might have been too much to show on runway.
Pants
  • not hard for me to imagine some d01s being cropped or rolled up with sneakers, and d02s as normal just like ss16
  • I wonder if he will introduce cropped shorts on runway or have them available but not featured on runway like ss16
  • I could imagine him releasing sweatpants, but would he feature them on runway since he could easily just stick to jeans on runway...I wonder if the heaviness of Saint Laurent's past will prevent him from even allowing sweats on the runway
Tops
  • I feel like tops for Saint Laurent and Celine would largely be the same, people laughed at the clown print but I also laughed at the dinosaur print for ss16
  • layering would be an emphasis, t-shirts with flannels shirts and cardigans and leather jackets
  • I wonder if he will still do distressed flannels or if they were just to match the distressed sneakers
Jackets
  • again I think it will largely look the same as ss21, but perhaps with more details like tassels and bling for a party look
  • there will be more blazers/suits for his Saint Laurent TikTok show to make it lean slightly older for sure, I think the weight of the past will force this to happen
  • I wonder if he would be able to push for LED jackets at Saint Laurent...
Accessories
  • probably have some long scarves tied with a single loop like fw13 and ss16
  • probably similar chains to ss21
  • same hats, beanies, and sunglasses to ss21
  • probably pins
  • pretty sure men won't be carrying handbags like ss21

Then again it would share so many similarities to ss16, I wonder if Hedi would not want to do it like this. I mean he could spotlight the more "goth" side of TikTok instead. He's never redone fw13 despite it being a hit. I wonder if the TikTok he showed at Celine would have been too similar to ss16 for him to want to do that.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Federico's jacket looks so similar in colour and texture to the coat on fw20 runway:
1606429875837.png

1606429980646.png

vs
1606430021968.png

I quite like how he styled his with a t-shirt and ripped jeans, achieving a more Saint Laurent look. It is weird how I consider it a Saint Laurent look since Celine also has t-shirts, and ripped jeans. Perhaps it isn't that useful to be drawing distinctions like that. Maybe a better way of phrasing it is that Federico achieved a more fw13 look. Referencing the season more than house might be more fair and make more sense.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing that seems inconsistent is length of the inner lining:
1606439349672.png

vs
1606439366766.png

Plus he didn't tag anything so I didn't want to make assumptions.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Camart bag in shearling looks so fluffy and cute. No surprise that it is another brown leather bag.
1606456048641.png

1606456108773.png

1606456116454.png

The regular version feels a bit unbalanced to me. The only thing interesting about it is the heritage and history of the belt detail. The shearling version feels so much more balanced to my eyes.
1606456168521.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer with thicker hoodie is pretty cute:
1606480089642.png

I'm not into chunky sneakers, so I would replace her sneakers with either Break or CT-01 or CT-02:
1606480130560.png

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be a pants only kind of guy no matter how hot it was...but it can just feel so sweaty and gross in the summer. I'm being more and more open to the idea of shorts.

Would be nice paired with CT-01s:

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently they have released a cropped peacoat:

Very reminiscent of ss13. The ss13 ones feel a bit more minimalistic.
1606481325459.png

1606481415216.png

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Federico's jacket looks so similar in colour and texture to the coat on fw20 runway:
View attachment 1505460
View attachment 1505462
vs
View attachment 1505470

I quite like how he styled his with a t-shirt and ripped jeans, achieving a more Saint Laurent look. It is weird how I consider it a Saint Laurent look since Celine also has t-shirts, and ripped jeans. Perhaps it isn't that useful to be drawing distinctions like that. Maybe a better way of phrasing it is that Federico achieved a more fw13 look. Referencing the season more than house might be more fair and make more sense.
This jacket is beautiful. I hadn't even noticed it before. I'd like a beige or camel overcoat in my collection. This one is a lot harder to wear than the likes of the AW15 camel Chesterfield though.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing Federico rock it in a more casual pairing made me do a double take on that coat. I wasn't that interested when I first saw how it was styled on the runway since it felt very fancy. The texture made it feel a bit too luxe initially. Now it feels quite versatile despite appearances. I might like it even better than the fw15 one.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the coats. I have the FW14 black Chesterfield (made in England I believe as a bonus), with leather under the collar as another nice detail. It's very minimalistic and hyper slim with very high armholes. I had it tailored to my body, too, but still, consider it a difficult piece to wear without looking too serious. Maybe the camel is lighter and therefore more approachable, but I can't pull away from a stodgy inspector kind of feel.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adamdrops - I agree on t-shirts. I have that black blood luster from back in the day, and it's held up very well, where as the white one that I own is one step away from the bin.

That said, if anyone's doing a lot of video-conferencing, I may have mentioned this before, but Celine shirts are absolute boss. The slightly accented collars and the crisp white dress shirt in particular shows very well via Zoom mania, and gives structure, interest, and a touch of texture if you have a 4K cam.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.