• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Randeep

Reaction score
That suede jacket is tempting me as well. Definitely interested in seeing your pictures. Guessing you've gone 48? The leather is nice too but it's a bit overdone. Without the studs and plainer pockets that would be right up my street.

Yep - size 48. The studs and the pockets on that leather are are exactly what makes it special for me, all whilst still looking relatively muted.

kieran - which sherpa jacket are you referencing, if you don't mind? I was looking at one from SL, a bit shorter, more classic. The one I see on the Celine site is beautiful but a bit long for my height. (Assuming I have the terminology correct!)

Celine:
View attachment 1469025

This looks amazing, but at that price (in my dreams) I would want the FW19 leopard printed one that Marc Jacobs has:

celine_fur.jpg

89276395_1576559179164222_6411175392219928234_n.jpg

71951988_410360366556919_7534495161783925905_n.jpg

Where did you purchase it? Been waiting for this to release for a month now

From the web store - it became available online in some sizes 1-2 weeks ago (best to check daily) but it came from one of the boutiques in Paris as it turns out. There are still some sizes available.

Well Keiran is selling one so if anybody wants it, there you go. Many thought is was joke about pieces being in limited quantities and selling out, but the most popular pieces have already. The Dylan velvet flares sold out on 24S in 48 hours, every single size, and on the US website in a week.

Fear not, facebook marketplace is here to redress the balance:

Screenshot 2020-10-03 at 23.34.14.png

There seems to be some noise about the ss21 LED bomber jacket worn by Lisa. Seems like a lot more of the focus is on the price of the jacket than actual jacket.

They're coining "million dollar jacket" as if it's actually a million dollars, that must be Chinese whispers. I'm still reeling from the fact that LED palm jacket is 184k or whatever DJR said it was (lol).

I dare you boomers to go listen to some Blackpink like I just did.

If you do, at least listen to the one where Lisa wears the million dollar jacket (and the Americana cardigan with the stars - that does look pretty funky!).

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Anyways, I’d love to hear what some of you all are listening to right now.

listening to The Kills, a mix of all their songs, newest Lamb of God, The weeknd's latest and Machine Gun Kelly just put out a pop/punk album with Travis Barker and it's very good. Generic but solid.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I’m a millennial but I gave them a listen. Not my cup of of tea but for those interested in lady pop groups it could be liked. Sounds very youthful and some of the songs are half Korean and half English.

One of the things Kpop does (in my opinion) way better than other genres is their videos. The budget that goes into these Blackpink videos is insane and even if you don't like the music I think it's fun to check out some of them. I especially this video.

Interestingly, Hedi’s clothing always seems to have a musical influence, so it’s no surprise that he seeks out individuals that are relevant in the musical world right now to be an ambassador to become a symbiotic relationship.

Since we enjoy his clothing so much and music is in its DNA, it might be interesting to hear what people on this forum are listening to. I’ve found that music often goes hand-in-hand with culture and influences that way we dress. I’m willing to listen to anything but right now I’m really enjoying a group out of New York called: The Nude Party

which I suppose is an ironic band to bring up on a clothing forum.

Anyways, I’d love to hear what some of you all are listening to right now.

I agree. It goes in waves for me, mostly. I'll listen to anything from black metal and noise to dream pop and garage rock, but right now I'm trying to get into shoegaze.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this makes me sound really out of touch, but I don't like the way vocals sound in modern day pop music? I like the blackpink women, who are gorgeous, but their voices don't have any character, I suppose since they're over-produced. I like Grace Jones and Evie Sands in this regard, whose singing voices are immediately recognizable. The blackpink music itself isn't creative, and worse yet for me when it comes to pop, doesn't have a groove. It sorta reminds me, unintentionally obviously, of those New York No Wave bands, except it isn't challenging.

It's weird to me, since Hedi Slimane named his boot after Jacno, and brought out James Chance to play saxaphone at the end of his first show--but then tries to associate the brand with this market created Kpop group. That seems like a total 180 to me, but I'm honestly open to the possibility that I'm missing something.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's to get the Asian market I presume. And as awful as the music is, she does look pretty good in the clothes.
Yeah she does. That would be deadly if she was putting out really awesome music.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I don't know if this makes me sound really out of touch, but I don't like the way vocals sound in modern day pop music? I like the blackpink women, who are gorgeous, but their voices don't have any character, I suppose since they're over-produced. I like Grace Jones and Evie Sands in this regard, whose singing voices are immediately recognizable. The blackpink music itself isn't creative, and worse yet for me when it comes to pop, doesn't have a groove. It sorta reminds me, unintentionally obviously, of those New York No Wave bands, except it isn't challenging.

It's weird to me, since Hedi Slimane named his boot after Jacno, and brought out James Chance to play saxaphone at the end of his first show--but then tries to associate the brand with this market created Kpop group. That seems like a total 180 to me, but I'm honestly open to the possibility that I'm missing something.

Interesting take. I feel like Blackpink is one of the few kpop acts in which you can tell the members definitely have different personalities and voices, although that might also be because I simply don't listen to kpop much, if at all. In the end that's just pop music in general, unfortunately. It has to be as accessible as possible for a wide audience. It's business.

I much prefer edgier, boundary pushing artists, but there's a place for both.

Reactions: zrn

zrn

Reaction score
The usage of Korean and Chinese celebrities as ambassadors and in advertisements has been going on for a while. During Hedi's time at ysl there was a relationship with BigBang and especially G-Dragon among many other groups. It's definitely to appeal to the market but at the same time I think the majority of the celebrities look really good in the clothes being taller, slimmer, and in great shape.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Some bands I'm currently listening to would be Deftones since they just released a new record, The Ocean Phanerozoic II and Periphery. If you like shoegaze check out the latest Hundreth record or Loathe.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to veer off topic (on topic?) but was wondering what the thoughts were regarding the SLP western boot versus the zip jacno boot

Haven't tried the SLP James yet, but someone posted pics in the slp thread. I think they look cool. I have the jacno 40 mms and love them. I feel like you can't go wrong with either Celine or slp when it comes to boots.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's to get the Asian market I presume. And as awful as the music is, she does look pretty good in the clothes.
One thing I really like is how she's continuing the androgynous vision. Instead of her wearing only the women's clothing, she is also wearing the men's clothing which was a big thing back at Dior Homme with a lot of women wanting to wear the men's clothing as well.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hedi is officially showcasing the logo hoodie on the instagram after being free of the blatant Celine logo since 2018. I'm guessing he feels like he has built enough of a strong foundation/association that Celine is the bourgeoisie Left Bank fashion house. Officially acknowledging the logo t's and hoodie's won't detract from Celine's first impressions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads