• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

SpencerA

Reaction score
I tried the straight blouson leather on and it fits amazing, its slightly cropped and beautifully made.

That's the one that buttons up, right? Cropped is music to my ears as I'm not very tall, I really love the look of that one, kinda torn between it and the 70's straight blouson (one with the zips and studs) although being realistic the former is probably more wearable and classic.

I️ have the bottle green blouson myself. Fit is great (I sized up since it was the last one in stock) and it’s still a solid fit. Love the color and the soft leather too.

I really love that one too, the shade of green is quite muted but with the hint of red/brown in the cuffs it's got a lovely vintage vibe (going from the pics on the webstore) really reminds me of a something I would have dreamed to find in vintage/second shop, obviously much higher quality though.

Do you find the cut pretty neat? high armholes etc? Also wondering if it feels a step up in quality, fit and finish from the stuff at Saint Laurent or on par and is the sizing generally the same?

Thanks guys.

Bryan55

Reaction score
That's the one that buttons up, right? Cropped is music to my ears as I'm not very tall, I really love the look of that one, kinda torn between it and the 70's straight blouson (one with the zips and studs) although being realistic the former is probably more wearable and classic.

I really love that one too, the shade of green is quite muted but with the hint of red/brown in the cuffs it's got a lovely vintage vibe (going from the pics on the webstore) really reminds me of a something I would have dreamed to find in vintage/second shop, obviously much higher quality though.

Do you find the cut pretty neat? high armholes etc? Also wondering if it feels a step up in quality, fit and finish from the stuff at Saint Laurent or on par and is the sizing generally the same?

Thanks guys.

Yes I do. Since I sized up I was concerned it would be too big and I wasn’t certain I’d be able to have it altered but thankfully it is a good fit regardless. Personally I find the armholes and chest perfect, I’m somewhat broad chested with bigger shoulders/traps and as a result finding good fits for the upper part of my torso can be tough. It’s definitely a slim cut, but I wouldn’t say it’s particularly skinny like Hedi-era Dior or some of his SLP leathers. I actually do not own an SLP leather but I did try a few on over the summer and in terms of fit my Celine was much much more compatible with my body and build. My only wish is maybe if the midsection where the side pockets are was a bit slimmer (more of a v-taper) but that’s a minor quibble on my end. Sleeves are also a great fit too.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

Thanks guys.

Yes its button up. The 70's straight isn't much my style, had the bottom been cut off then yes.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the Sherpa denim, which I already have in medium, in small. It's fantastic. Still a kind of boxy fit with the loose arms, but slim and compact, and really cropped. I'm not sure how I ended up keeping the medium, maybe I was heavier, or just thought it was intended to be an oversized fit. Looking forward to wearing this one.

I'll be selling the medium which is brand new with tags if anybody is interested. Medium will be a good fit for someone that takes 52 in SLP. For guidance the small is perfect on me and I am 50 in the classic SLP blazers, L in the classic permanent denim jacket, and L in pretty much all t-shirts, knitwear and hoodies from SLP. 48 in outerwear like Chesterfields and cabans, and some leathers.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Randeep

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been mulling over the idea to buy a Celine leather jacket, I quite like a couple of these latest ones with the stud detailing from the winter collection. Has anyone had these in hand or tried on/own them, id love to hear some thoughts from first hand experience or even pics.

Cheers

The two jackets you're "mulling over" are completely different styles, you haven't given us much to work with.

I bought (and returned) this one:

2E686269L.38NO_1_WIN20_850516v2.jpg

It fits true to size (I ordered a 48 and 50, and 48 was better). The leather was light, soft, had a washed feel to it - I liked it a lot. The stud detailing is very nice -- have a slightly burnished look to them (which makes this jacket "look" more quality) as opposed to shiny. The arms seemed to be ever so slightly long, but not enough to warrant avoiding. This jacket for me was perfect because I don't have anything else of this style in my wardrobe (with the buttons) -- it's very classy!

In the end, I returned after deliberating for several days (I had ordered that and the purple velvet teddy). Part of the reason was I felt like I pulled the trigger too early, partly induced by FOMO - not half because of everyone citing limited availability (newsflash: empirical evidence I've gathered thus far leads me to believe this is an overblown statement), partly because I thought it'd be better to re-evaluate what else I might want from the collection.

Therefore... *drum roll* .. I've taken delivery of, and will be keeping, this suede jacket instead:

2E753712K.18TB_1_WIN20_850312v2.jpg

Reasons being I also don't have anything similar to this in my wardrobe, and it's my replacement (in my heart) for the FW14 SL trapper - which is available to buy (albeit at a much higher price than retail) in my size, though Celine wins out on the shiny new season factor :). I like this jacket more than I expected - the colour is beautiful in person, it has a nice weight to it, smells like a cow barnyard (like the FW14 hairy nut wyatts), and the thick, conspicuous matte zippers/teeth are the icing on the cake (I have a fondness for big zippers)! Also fits true to size btw. I'll add some pics later.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That suede jacket is tempting me as well. Definitely interested in seeing your pictures. Guessing you've gone 48? The leather is nice too but it's a bit overdone. Without the studs and plainer pockets that would be right up my street.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that suede. Would probably need to feel out those pocket detailing, but I bet it looks sleek and screams quality. I'm also a zipper aficionado, so that ruggedness works well in my book.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kieran - which sherpa jacket are you referencing, if you don't mind? I was looking at one from SL, a bit shorter, more classic. The one I see on the Celine site is beautiful but a bit long for my height. (Assuming I have the terminology correct!)

SLP:
1601560410640.png

Celine:
1601560443087.png

MCM_backpack

Reaction score
The two jackets you're "mulling over" are completely different styles, you haven't given us much to work with.

View attachment 1469008

It fits true to size (I ordered a 48 and 50, and 48 was better). The leather was light, soft, had a washed feel to it - I liked it a lot. The stud detailing is very nice -- have a slightly burnished look to them (which makes this jacket "look" more quality) as opposed to shiny. The arms seemed to be ever so slightly long, but not enough to warrant avoiding. This jacket for me was perfect because I don't have anything else of this style in my wardrobe (with the buttons) -- it's very classy!

In the end, I returned after deliberating for several days (I had ordered that and the purple velvet teddy). Part of the reason was I felt like I pulled the trigger too early, partly induced by FOMO - not half because of everyone citing limited availability (newsflash: empirical evidence I've gathered thus far leads me to believe this is an overblown statement), partly because I thought it'd be better to re-evaluate what else I might want from the collection.

Therefore... *drum roll* .. I've taken delivery of, and will be keeping, this suede jacket instead:

View attachment 1469012

Reasons being I also don't have anything similar to this in my wardrobe, and it's my replacement (in my heart) for the FW14 SL trapper - which is available to buy (albeit at a much higher price than retail) in my size, though Celine wins out on the shiny new season factor :). I like this jacket more than I expected - the colour is beautiful in person, it has a nice weight to it, smells like a cow barnyard (like the FW14 hairy nut wyatts), and the thick, conspicuous matte zippers/teeth are the icing on the cake (I have a fondness for big zippers)! Also fits true to size btw. I'll add some pics later.

Where did you purchase it? Been waiting for this to release for a month now

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one I have.

Hopefully I'll be able to get another jacket to work for me this season as it looks promising.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score

View attachment 1469008

View attachment 1469012

Its gorgeous but I know I would ruin it in a week, so....

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahh - that does look great! I can tell the fit is spot on. Sometimes you can just feel it from the picture. The US store does not carry that particular model, but there is a very nice corduroy version looking to be the same fit. Unfortunately, all sizes are sold out...for now.

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
ahh - that does look great! I can tell the fit is spot on. Sometimes you can just feel it from the picture. The US store does not carry that particular model, but there is a very nice corduroy version looking to be the same fit. Unfortunately, all sizes are sold out...for now.

Well Keiran is selling one so if anybody wants it, there you go. Many thought is was joke about pieces being in limited quantities and selling out, but the most popular pieces have already. The Dylan velvet flares sold out on 24S in 48 hours, every single size, and on the US website in a week.

Last edited:

SpencerA

Reaction score

View attachment 1469008

View attachment 1469012

Thanks Randeep for your thoughts and descriptions, It's true that there does seem to be a sense of urgency to buy something you like sooner rather than later due to limited availability (Whether it's true or not, who knows) Plus personally I've missed a few things from SL and Celine I really wanted in the past due to too much "mulling over" ? so I can understand that. I'm going to order a couple of things and see what's worth keeping.

That suede jacket is absolutely beautiful, It'd be great to see some fit pics of that one!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads