• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official CELINE thread

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the black Celine Chesterfields fitting like? Anything close to the classic velvet collar AW 13 one? As it's something very basic, the fit really needs to be exceptional for me to bother buying one.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Never tried on the aw13 chesterfield but the Celine ones fit like the aw15 ones. A 50 fits exactly like my aw15 camelhair chesterfield.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's promising then. The AW15 camel one, and the black stand collar one for that matter, was the nicest fitting Chesterfield since AW13 I'd say. Regret not getting the camel one actually.

The AW13 one was very slim though. At least a size different i.e. if you take 48 in AW15 then you'd take 50 in AW13, but also had really high arm holes and I'd say a slimmer waist. It shows in how it even looks great on Harry Styles.

nolovelost23

Reaction score

Bryan55

Reaction score
anybody tried these that can compare fit to the raw black version?
I tried one of the two pairs on before the pandemic hit. I found them to be similar to the raw black 38NJs in terms of the waist and how skinny they are. From what I do remember, they did feel like there was a bit more stretch to them but I may be misremembering.

nolovelost23

Reaction score
I tried one of the two pairs on before the pandemic hit. I found them to be similar to the raw black 38NJs in terms of the waist and how skinny they are. From what I do remember, they did feel like there was a bit more stretch to them but I may be misremembering.
thank for the reply, nice to know fit is similar to the raw black

Jabbathecunt

Reaction score
What are the black Celine Chesterfields fitting like? Anything close to the classic velvet collar AW 13 one? As it's something very basic, the fit really needs to be exceptional for me to bother buying one.
If you are layered with a sweater it is tight in the shoulders and hard to move your arms freely, so consider wearing your typical winter wear when you try it on. Depending on your shoulder to waist ratio you may want to size up and have it tailored to your waist or wear it oversized. Its classic Hedi fit and beautiful.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SL chesterfield (leather under collar) is a similar experience to Jabba's above.

I had to get it tailored very fitted to avoid that grandpa look.

It can be stunning, but admittedly constrictive so I wear it with a dress shirt and light sweater more typically. Scarves look great because of the open neck, and are quite useful in the colder weather for the same reason!

I went TTS and remember trying on a Celine version from a season or two back and tbh felt exactly the same to me, maybe slightly wider lapels.

Serad

Reaction score
The officer jacket/blazer hybrid looks great. I also like the shirts with the frills or whatever you call them although I'm not bold enough to pull those off, I like the new season Saint Laurent lavaliere shirts better in that regard. Can't wait to see some more of the FW pieces, particularly the velvet collar blazer and coat featured on the runway.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow killing it in that look book. It's good to see that energy, and interesting that the 70s color palette is being pulled through so consistently.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.