• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Lit Harington

Reaction score
I've always been tempted to get a pair of raw denim, since that was the craze when I first started on the forum years ago. However, I really don't think it's worth it, unless you are going to live in them for a long period. Plus, I mostly wear black jeans nowadays anyway.

I picked up a couple of the classic shirts from the sale. I really dig them.
I bought my first (only) pair of raws in 2nd year of uni. delighted i did it then, as i was able to wear them 5 times a week for 2-3 years and they do look really great, imo. wouldnt bother with new raws now though, i wear a suit mon-fri and I now have lots of trousers i prefer to wear at the weekend anyways

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I like to keep my raw jeans close to new, that way they can be worn smart. They pretty much work with anything black jeans do, other than denim jackets. I still wear them a lot less than black, but they're an alternative that's worth having. Always liked them in the SS13 lookbook:

signeYSL.png

style-blogs-the-gq-eye-SAINT%252520LAURENT_MEN%252520SS13_BD_56.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been tempted to get a pair of raw denim, since that was the craze when I first started on the forum years ago. However, I really don't think it's worth it, unless you are going to live in them for a long period. Plus, I mostly wear black jeans nowadays anyway.

I picked up a couple of the classic shirts from the sale. I really dig them.

Yes, those classic shirts are great! I have a couple pairs, too, and are quickly some of my favorites.

I have a pair of raw Diors skinny (well, at the time 17.5cm was skinny), indigo, made in Japan. I wore them solid a few years at least once a week and they have great fades. I'm less into them now; agreed, I'm either wearing jorts or black skinny jeans, ha!!

thomas199023

Reaction score
Yes it looks great and sturdy. I wanted to also post a different product a friend told me about to prevent creases. They are completely customizable as they can be cut with scissors. I ordered a pack and will give them a try.

Keep us updated on these! I think they work best on sneakers but have not tried them on leather shoes. Not sure if they would add any benefit if you would use shoe trees anyway. But am very interested to find out!

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
Personally I like to keep my raw jeans close to new, that way they can be worn smart. They pretty much work with anything black jeans do, other than denim jackets. I still wear them a lot less than black, but they're an alternative that's worth having. Always liked them in the SS13 lookbook:

signeYSL.png

style-blogs-the-gq-eye-SAINT%252520LAURENT_MEN%252520SS13_BD_56.jpg

What particularly do you wear your raw jeans with? I have a beautiful pair of Acne North Raw Jeans but only get to wear them seldomly.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go casual with my raw denim, so maybe a smart t-shirt or polo on the weekends. During the week, you can probably gig a nice dress shirt, but this would be a fairly informal look for any business environment, and probably not client facing unless you're a creative. If they're not too worn in, you can dress it up, especially for restaurants (remember those?) with a slim blazer. This is probably one of the best SL looks.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
I go casual with my raw denim, so maybe a smart t-shirt or polo on the weekends. During the week, you can probably gig a nice dress shirt, but this would be a fairly informal look for any business environment, and probably not client facing unless you're a creative. If they're not too worn in, you can dress it up, especially for restaurants (remember those?) with a slim blazer. This is probably one of the best SL looks.

And what's your choice of colors to wear with the (dark) blue raw denim?

I feel like raw denim is not the kind of jeans you should play around with but rather stick to muted colors because they give a more rigid vibe. However, till today I have not come to a conclusion if I should pair it with black, may it be tops or shoes. Blue always seems to be a better match with white or brown but this is what it makes quite unflexible for me, at least with regard to shoes because most of mine are black.

nolovelost23

Reaction score
i still regret never copping a pair raw indigo D01s. have plenty of raw black ones though.
has anyone tried the vintage black skinny jeans, that could compare the sizing to the raw black skinnys?

Lit Harington

Reaction score
i saw someone (usa i think) saying their sale order shipped super quickly, had the complete opposite experience with the UK store though. anyone else still waiting on sale purchases?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw someone (usa i think) saying their sale order shipped super quickly, had the complete opposite experience with the UK store though. anyone else still waiting on sale purchases?
When did you order? I got mine quickly, but I'm pretty sure they ship stuff around from country to country if the item isn't available where you live, which is probably super slow right now. That is my guess anyway. Email customer service, they're generally really good.

Lit Harington

Reaction score
When did you order? I got mine quickly, but I'm pretty sure they ship stuff around from country to country if the item isn't available where you live, which is probably super slow right now. That is my guess anyway. Email customer service, they're generally really good.
Yeah i think you're right about them transferring stock. My first order took around 5 days, And my 2nd (placed Friday evening) i still havent received a dispatch email for. tbh i don't care at all how long it takes (within reason) and as you say customer service is generally pretty great.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randeep, sorry forgot to answer, the jeans I have are skinny, but not as much as AW13. I think you'd probably be pleased with them though.

Probably going to go for the loose leather blouson today, the one Hedi has been wearing a lot. On sizing, the best fitting jackets I have are the permanent Saint Laurent denim jacket in L, and the permanent 2 button blazer in 50. Based on that should I go for 50 in this jacket? Cheers

Also going to get another pair of sneakers. Thinking the white with black triomphe, or the new German military style ones. Any thoughts? Leaning towards the triomphe, but as I already have the plain white I'm thinking maybe I should get something a bit different.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randeep, sorry forgot to answer, the jeans I have are skinny, but not as much as AW13. I think you'd probably be pleased with them though.

Probably going to go for the loose leather blouson today, the one Hedi has been wearing a lot. On sizing, the best fitting jackets I have are the permanent Saint Laurent denim jacket in L, and the permanent 2 button blazer in 50. Based on that should I go for 50 in this jacket? Cheers

Also going to get another pair of sneakers. Thinking the white with black triomphe, or the new German military style ones. Any thoughts? Leaning towards the triomphe, but as I already have the plain white I'm thinking maybe I should get something a bit different.
Do you know what shoulder measurements tend to fit you best? I measured my loose blouson in 50 at close to 18 in

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads