• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

Dio Brando

Reaction score
Thank you so much @GG Allin !
I will double check tomorrow but from a first look it seams the measurements should work for me.
How do you like the jacket? What's your general feedback after wearing it for a while?
It's the leather jacket that I want the most out of this collection, even the brown version like @hediboy has is killer.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much @GG Allin !
I will double check tomorrow but from a first look it seams the measurements should work for me.
How do you like the jacket? What's your general feedback after wearing it for a while?
It's the leather jacket that I want the most out of this collection, even the brown version like @hediboy has is killer.
Yes, I think I"d like the brown one better, just because there aren't many options right now for nice brown leather jackets, and I have so much black stuff already. Anyway, I like this jacket a lot, and plan on picking up at least one more in the near future. Keep in mind, though, that I'm not incredibly knowledgable about leather, in terms of quality, durability, or that type of stuff, so I can't give you a confident appraisal of the jacket objectively. For me, double riders are very hard to wear, but this style is incredibly easy in my opinion.

Oh, I should say that I've only worn it out once though! I like in a cold state, and I"m not out of the house much these days anyways...

hediboy

Reaction score
Yes, I think I"d like the brown one better, just because there aren't many options right now for nice brown leather jackets, and I have so much black stuff already. Anyway, I like this jacket a lot, and plan on picking up at least one more in the near future. Keep in mind, though, that I'm not incredibly knowledgable about leather, in terms of quality, durability, or that type of stuff, so I can't give you a confident appraisal of the jacket objectively. For me, double riders are very hard to wear, but this style is incredibly easy in my opinion.

Oh, I should say that I've only worn it out once though! I like in a cold state, and I"m not out of the house much these days anyways...
I love the leather jacket of this season for summer, probably the lightest I have amongst twenty some leather from SLP. And the 100% cupro lining is way better than silk for me.
Go and buy it before all out... =D

Malour

Reaction score
1586597989141.png

From a recent interview Hedi did with Vogue. I like the shirt, it looks like the same kind he did for Saint Laurent SS15 (psych rock). It looks too thin/light to be denim, anyone got a shirt like it?

Interview: https://www.vogue.fr/fashion/article/hedi-slimane-vogue-exclusive-mainstream-culture-musical-talent

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the leather jacket of this season for summer, probably the lightest I have amongst twenty some leather from SLP. And the 100% cupro lining is way better than silk for me.
Go and buy it before all out... =D
I don't want to have the same jacket in both brown and black, though. So, I was looking at this one. Let me know what you think, especially if you've tried it on.
2E505968H.19BS_1_SUM20_491722v2.jpg

I kinda dig this black trucker, too.
2E024933I.38NO_1_SUM20_490844v2.jpg

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy that brown leather that hediboy posted, the one Hedi has in black. Are stores able to transfer these because I remember them being Japan only online or something. If possible could someone post the reference code for the brown one to help me track one down.

On sizing, if I'm between 48 and 50, 50 in SLP blazers for example, then I'm presuming 50 is the size to go for if I want a nice slim fit.

Thanks

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy that brown leather that hediboy posted, the one Hedi has in black. Are stores able to transfer these because I remember them being Japan only online or something. If possible could someone post the reference code for the brown one to help me track one down.

On sizing, if I'm between 48 and 50, 50 in SLP blazers for example, then I'm presuming 50 is the size to go for if I want a nice slim fit.

Thanks
I posted some measurements of my size 50 black one on the last page, so if you tend to know what you need check that post out. Keep in mind, though, that I'm not exactly sure how to do measurements properly. If you want a slim fit, I'd go with a 48. And I'm pretty sure they can transfer stuff between stores, but I think you have to give them a deposit.

hediboy

Reaction score

Thanks
Try this? 2E525968H.19CO

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experience with their classic shirts? I'm looked at the classic blue stripped linen for the summer, but think I've only tried the skinny cut. i won't be able to tailor it, at least straight away considering the boutique closures, so are these super billowy or just a normal cut, etc.?

Trixz

Reaction score
Just got delivered the oversized trucker denim jacket from the most recent mens spring season. It's my first denim jacket and am curious what you all think. Let me know what you think of the fit and the proportions on me.

Attachments

• IMG_3639.jpg
    IMG_3639.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3642.jpg
    IMG_3642.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3641.jpg
    IMG_3641.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 190

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I was eyeing that piece, too. The new collection is growing on me.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Hedi hit a home run with the Haute Parfumerie collection. I'm wearing Black Tie today (think Dior Homme classic with more vanilla, slightly more refined) and wore Reptile yesterday (outstanding, the fragrance you'd imagine the rock stars as he said exude in dangerous elegance in those classy B&W photos). The packaging and bottles are the best I've ever seen, and I'm a closet fragrance hound.

Randeep

Reaction score
Just got delivered the oversized trucker denim jacket from the most recent mens spring season. It's my first denim jacket and am curious what you all think. Let me know what you think of the fit and the proportions on me.

Looks nice, I like the treatment (fading/creases). Much prefer it to the one the one with ribbed trims. I wonder what the next size down would like on you though. It looks fitted enough around the back but can't tell if that was with all the buttons closed. I'd never wear a denim jacket entirely buttoned up so would want it to hang a bit more open on the front/more of your t-shirt showing which you might get with a smaller size. I know the description is "oversized" but that seems to mean **** all with SL/Celine a lot of the times. You might find that a size down looks that tiny bit better (which in itself is enough to warrant the hassle of return/buying both sizes to make sure).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Hedi hit a home run with the Haute Parfumerie collection. I'm wearing Black Tie today (think Dior Homme classic with more vanilla, slightly more refined) and wore Reptile yesterday (outstanding, the fragrance you'd imagine the rock stars as he said exude in dangerous elegance in those classy B&W photos). The packaging and bottles are the best I've ever seen, and I'm a closet fragrance hound.

The packaging is indeed very nice. Raised a smile knowing that you purchased the same two that I had purchased a few months back (I had smelt all of the 9 released at that time in store). These two do seem to be popular (at least, I recognise them being mentioned more so than others in a Celine facebook group).

celine-parfum-1566383811.jpg

To me both of the fragrances are for 'going out' - black tie for smarter outfits (not quite thought what in my wardrobe it'd pair with nicely as I don't wear smarter stuff generally, perhaps the SS16 Hawaiian shirt). Reptile definitely synonymous with an edgier look (classic SL ******* fit). I don't think I'd choose either to wear into the office - black tie because the orris butter/vanilla is quite sweet in an _almost_ cloying manner, reptile because it's just a in-your-face scent (when you smell it, not necessarily overall projection).

For that reason, for me they'll only get little coverage as I'm a sucker for Aventus and BR540 as my go-to every day perfumes.

For the uninformed, re-quoting the official website:

Black Tie description on celine.com said:
A COUTURIER’S PERFUME, THE EXACT OLFACTORY INTERPRETATION OF HIS STYLE IN RELATION TO FASHION: HIS OBSESSION WITH BLACK AND A TAILORED SILHOUETTE.

AN ANDROGYNOUS COMPOSITION, AROUND VANILLA AS DENSE AND AS CRISP AS GRAIN DE POUDRE OR LACQUERED SATIN. FASHIONED LIKE A DINNER JACKET, CEDAR AND TREE MOSS STRUCTURE ITS ALLURE, WHILE THE POWDERY CARESS OF ORRIS TROUBLES BODY AND MIND.

WHITE ORRIS BUTTER, CEDAR, TREE MOSS, VANILLA, MUSK.

Reptile description on celine.com said:
A BEGUILING AND MUSICAL PERFUME FOR CENTER-STAGE.

THE OLFACTORY TWIN OF THE STAGE OUTFITS AND ROCK STAR PORTRAITS THAT HEDI SLIMANE MADE THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE AS A COUTURIER.

LIKE A KALEIDOSCOPE OF BLACK AROUND TREE MOSS, FEATURING FACETS ELECTRIFIED BY OTHER NOTES… A TOP NOTE WITH THE ELEGANCE OF CEDAR, THEN THE TOXIC AND MYSTERIOUS CHARM OF LEATHER AND PEPPER, TRAILING INTO AN ADDICTIVE MUSKY AND POWDERY PATINA.

CEDAR, PEPPER, TREE MOSS, LEATHER ACCORD, MUSK.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great analysis. It's only three days in for me, and I'm enjoying Reptile again. Working from home now, so haven't given the office a ton of thought, but I hear you, not classic fragrances in that sense. Since you had an opportunity to explore the collection, would you recommend a third for a more business/professional environment? Aventus is a go-to for me, too! I know there's some Creed hate, but it's too good. I also wear a lot of Sauvage by Dior, which is another that gets pilloried for some reason.

hediboy

Reaction score

Love the collection! First I bought Reptile, but now found Nightclubbing is even more interesting turns from scent when I put on for whole day.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nightclubbing may have the most stand-out description of all of them! You can tell that Hedi writes or is heavily involved in the descriptions, because it sounds exactly the same as his scripted responses to interviewer questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads