• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

jeune

Reaction score
While we're on the hangers talk,

I4pptbC.jpg

youwhat

Reaction score
the celine hangers seem massive to me (my items are size 44) but the newer ones i'm getting sent seem like they'd be too big for size 54 items.
dont know what you're getting sent to be asking for bigger ones!?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that note, since I recently had a chance to try on a couple pair, I can contribute the following measurements for these respective cuts and sizes, per my memory:

001 SL (Stated mid-, arguably high-, waist), Size 32
Waist (pants flat, front and back waistbands aligned): 33"
Front rise: 11.5"
Back rise: ~16-16.5"
Thigh (measured from inner edge of fabric laid flat all the way to outer end of fabric): 23"
Inseam (rough and not measured proper - only measured along inseam with jeans laid flat, not with inseam in center of leg): 32-ish"
Hem: 14"

003 SL (Stated low-, arguably mid-, waist) Size 31
Waist: 32"
Front rise: 10.25"
Back rise: 14"
Thigh: 23"
Inseam: 32-ish"
Hem: 13.5"

Based on measurements alone, the 003 SL would appear to fit similar to the D10, which I have in a Size 31 from Hedi's last season at SLP. However, I wasn't even able to get this pair on, primarily because of the smaller waist and top block. Also, shorter inseam, as noted above.

I'll add one more. These don't fit either, so throwing in the towel on Celine denim.

003 SL (Stated low-, arguably mid-, waist) Size 32
Waist: 34"
Front rise: 10.25"
Back rise: 14.25"
Thigh: 23.5"
Inseam: 32.75"
Knee: 8.25"
Hem: 13.5"

Drkseeker

Reaction score
End has Celine available online for US buyers...has this always been so?
Couple of items 45-50% off..Some items listed full price but discounted in cart (MA-1, Parka etc)

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End has Celine available online for US buyers...has this always been so?
Couple of items 45-50% off..Some items listed full price but discounted in cart (MA-1, Parka etc)
Yeah, I got my jeans from there. Most of the stuff they have is pretty hideous though, as is teh stuff on yoox (although the monkstraps are on deep discount on yoox, and they are amazing).

Drkseeker

Reaction score
Don't know about "hideous" just branded jerseys and basics...and End's deep sale stuff will never match Yoox for hideousness

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, can anyone speak to the viscose shirts from FW19 or the current season? I saw one comment that they fit small and tight in the arms, but of course sizing is relative. A 6'3" guy with broad shoulders and a 42"-ish chest is asking.

If not fit, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to upkeep on the viscose shirts. My understanding is viscose has a tendency to shrink.

Malour

Reaction score
With the latest show in mind I have to ask:

What do you guys think about bags for men?

I've personally been searching for something to carry around on a daily basis and the new show definitely gave me some extra things to think about because that was straight up purses. I like the look, but I'm probably not daring enough to carry one. But for me, the size of those bags are perfect, as I'm looking for something that can fit a book, a compact camera, and a case for my sunglasses. I was looking at a bucket bag or a sailor bag, but I'm not completely sold yet. Do you guys use bags on a daily basis and if so, what kind?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Saint Laurent museum briefcase for day to day. Works nicely even with casual clothes.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checking out the bags now, it's a great selection online. The leathers look better than usual, especially the soft calf bucket bag.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used a Margiela sailor bag for a while, got some weird looks. Using a Porter bag mostly these days - laptop, assorted chargers/cords, small pouch of misc items ie chapstick/allergy meds/etc), snacks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads