• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DrewMill

Reaction score
I'm looking for some last recommendations regarding the UETAM, UETAM EE, and FOREST lasts. I have a pair of UETAM suede loafers in 10.5UK that are too tight in the toes and I have a pair of FOREST loafers in 10.5UK that fit very well. In the future, would I be better off with UETAM size 11UKs or UETAM EE 10.5 UKs? (In addition to other FOREST and RAIN shoes that I know fit well)

Bonus question: How does the Genova last compare?

Thanks!

Jax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
US 6.5D - AE 65
US 6D - Alden TB
UK 5E - C&J 325/365

If I went 1 down from brannock I'd be 5.5 in Oscar but guidance says to match C&J which would be 1.5 size down.

What am I in Carmina Oscar last? I seem to be a contradiction to common guidance. My gut tells me go with the 5.

IcedLemonTea

Reaction score
I'm looking for some last recommendations regarding the UETAM, UETAM EE, and FOREST lasts. I have a pair of UETAM suede loafers in 10.5UK that are too tight in the toes and I have a pair of FOREST loafers in 10.5UK that fit very well. In the future, would I be better off with UETAM size 11UKs or UETAM EE 10.5 UKs? (In addition to other FOREST and RAIN shoes that I know fit well)

Bonus question: How does the Genova last compare?

Thanks!

Seconding this question as I would also like to know a bit more about the Uetam vs Uetam EE sizing.

I fit almost perfect in a pair of Forest oxfords in UK7, except for the instep which is a little too high. The lacings are almost fully closed whereas I like the gap to be a bit wider.

On the last comparison tool, the Uetam looks to be almost identical to Forest in terms of width, but reading suggests that some people size up half due to cramped toe space. Would the Uetam EE be closer to Forest in terms of fit?

1648544515384.png

GrahamM

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in derby boot and own no Carmina. Looking for advice on fit of rain, soller, robert lasts and any others suited to my foot shape.

I have a narrow heel, high arch/instep and foot is widest at the ball of the foot.

I own...

Zonkey Boot, Chukka boot, 7E ...Best fit, not tight, not loose.
Trickers 4497S, 7.5F, derby shoe...heel slip
C&J 341, derby shoe, 7.5E...slight heel slip.

Any views welcome.

Cheers,

Graham

Aly.B

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could identify the last of these Carmina shoes and give me some sizing advice as well?

I wear 44 (G) in Vass on their F last and 11 (EE) in AE Strands. These Carminas are available in UK 10 EEE. Would these be the right size for me based on the last (if someone could be kind enough to identify it for me)?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 54EB5ED3-5588-4232-ACF0-5060C31CD41B.jpeg
    54EB5ED3-5588-4232-ACF0-5060C31CD41B.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 3,732

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could identify the last of these Carmina shoes and give me some sizing advice as well?

I wear 44 (G) in Vass on their F last and 11 (EE) in AE Strands. These Carminas are available in UK 10 EEE. Would these be the right size for me based on the last (if someone could be kind enough to identify it for me)?

Thank you.
98% Rain last. Definitely if it was the mass drop run as suggested by the shoe tree.
I’d want to consult a wider-footed person than me. In theory it might work, but Rain is a weird last - lots of instep room, huge heel, and tight on the pinky toe. @madhat ?

Aly.B

Reaction score
98% Rain last. Definitely if it was the mass drop run as suggested by the shoe tree.
I’d want to consult a wider-footed person than me. In theory it might work, but Rain is a weird last - lots of instep room, huge heel, and tight on the pinky toe. @madhat ?

Thank you for your reply. My guess was Rain too but having never owned a pair of Carmina shoes before, I’m not acquainted well to their lasts and how they fit. That’s why didn’t wanna take a chance based on my ill-informed guess. I have also read here quite a number of varying views as to how Carmina shoes fit, thought it better to get some advice before I pulled the trigger on these.

A couple of other questions that just popped in my mind: when you say “mass-drop run”, what does that exactly mean? And color-wise, how easy would these shoes be to pair with different colors as compared to black or usual dark brown patinas? Many thanks!

Phirdler

Reaction score
Question

I ordered a 8.5uk Carmina forest wingtip. It fits tight and snug.The room in my heel is tight and not loose. I prefer the fit. My second set that I received was a 8.5uk Carmina single monk strap in the rain last. It definitely feels more roomy. I can fit a finger in the back of my heel. I can also pull them off without unbuckling them and I can put them on without unbuckling. Would sizing down be a more accurate fit for me in this last? What is the difference in an 8.0uk and an 8.5uk besides the obvious size. What’s the actual size in cm/mm.

thank you,
Paul hirdler

srsbsnyo

Reaction score
Help with Sizing?

i wear size 7E in grant stone oxfords last. 7D in their Edward boot last.It is comfortable except my right toe sometimes rub the outer edge. I have a c&j ross in 6E (last 378) that fits perfect in length but snug in the toe box. What size should I get in the sineu last for unlined penny loafers?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im a 9E on a brannock. What size should I get in penny loafers (Robert/UETAM)?

Moonmanmoo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have very strange-shaped feet, or maybe not, I am really not sure.

Was wondering if anyone could give recommendations on size and last?
Foot measurements:
Length: 27cm
Width: 11cm

Was thinking a 8.5 in Forest EEE, unsure if that was the correct choice. I wear an Alden 10 wide which fits pretty well, but the 9.5 Forest EEE's I tried on seemed giant. Are Carmina shoe's just large in general?

Frankie Fuzz

Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to find out what size I would be in the Detroit last before I order the long wing in shell cordovan. I wear 10.5C in Alden PTB shell (Barrie last) and it fits amazingly. I wear 11D in AE65 and 511 lasts and those work fine, though not as good. I have a narrow foot with higher instep.

Moonmanmoo

Reaction score
Hello all. I am trying to find out what size I would be in the Detroit last before I order the long wing in shell cordovan. I wear 10.5C in Alden PTB shell (Barrie last) and it fits amazingly. I wear 11D in AE65 and 511 lasts and those work fine, though not as good. I have a narrow foot with higher instep.
From what I have read, the Detroit last is very wide. I have had to size down half a size compared to my C&J

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a C&J Harlech 325 last in UK10 which, while snug at first on my pinkie toes, has now over 20 or so wears loosened up and is very comfortable. Which Carmina last would you recommend that is as similarly proportioned overall at the C&J 325 with maybe a little more toe box room while still looking relatively sleek? :)

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a C&J Harlech 325 last in UK10 which, while snug at first on my pinkie toes, has now over 20 or so wears loosened up and is very comfortable. Which Carmina last would you recommend that is as similarly proportioned overall at the C&J 325 with maybe a little more toe box room while still looking relatively sleek? :)
Oscar.
Robert is a bit sleeker and probably slightly closer in shape, but Oscar based on your description. Doubly so if it’s a boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads