• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atemporal

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy my first pair of Carmina's and was unsure on sizing. For reference my foot measure:
275mm - Length
96mm - Width at widest part
251mm - Circumference around ball

Based on these measurements I'm a US 10.5C or US 10D on Brannock device

I reached out to Carmina, who provided me insole measurements for 4 different lasts based on my foot measurements, and figured I'd post if it's any help to the community.

Carmina Insole MEASUREMENTS per Last (Length * Width) :
**Based off UK sizes and I assume standard width

Rain 8.5: 290.23 mm * 97 mm
Rain size 9: 298.69 mm * 98 mm.
Rain 9.5: 302.92 mm * 99 mm

Forest 8.5: 290.96 mm * 95 mm
Forest 9: 295.19 mm * 96 mm
Forest 9.5: 299.42 mm * 97 mm

Simpson size 8.5: 295.49 mm *95 mm.
Simpson size 9: 299.69 mm *96 mm.
Simpson 9.5: 303.92 mm * 97 mm

Inca 8.5:297.46 mm * 97 mm
Inca 9: 301.69 mm * 98 mm
Inca 9.5:305.92 mm * 99 mm

Very useful @nvrp813.
BTW, I think there is a typo in Rain UK 8.5
I think it should be something like 294.49 mm * 97 mm

liahos1

Reaction score
I've just bought Forest loafers in UK 10, and there's way too much room in the heel (toes/ball/instep are fine).

I wear UK 10 in C&J 325 (a little too tight in the toe, and too wide at heel) and 363 (good fit all around).

Which Carmina last/size would suit me best for loafers?

I'm going to bump this post because I have the same question. I have a pair of UK 8.5 Cavendish that I love. I wanted to try out a pair of Carmina black tassel loafers.

Does anyone know how the Forest last compares to the C&J 325?

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
I'm going to bump this post because I have the same question. I have a pair of UK 8.5 Cavendish that I love. I wanted to try out a pair of Carmina black tassel loafers.

Does anyone know how the Forest last compares to the C&J 325?

Forest is bigger in the ball/toe, and MUCH bigger in the heel. I've just bought Uetam in a half size down from 325, and it's working nicely.

Analogue17

Reaction score
Hi all, was looking at purchasing my first Carmina Oxford in Rain last, currently wearing a UK 7.5 for last 915 from Yanko, so was wondering if a size UK7.5 in Rain last would be ok for me or should I size up/down?

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
For me I need a shoe that is tighter in the heel but wider in the toe. Alden's Trubalance last is the single best fitting last I have ever tried for that reason
Does Carmina have any last that is narrower in the heel and wider in the toes? Looking to get some loafers specifically

Kancmg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy my first pair of Carmina Oxfords.
I have written to the customer service asking for some advice but they replied that they cannot advice a size without a proper in person fitting.
My feet is 28,5 cm long. The only comparison that I can do is with a pair of Saint Laurent Wyatt Chelsea boots, which are 43,5 EU and fit perfectly.
Could anyone give me a realistic range of sizes that could fit me for Carmina? Thanks.

ananxouna11

Reaction score
with a 27 cm foot, what size do you think is the right size? thank you (for derby oscar 531)

Jayess

Reaction score
Looking for some info on the Forest last for a captoe oxford model. I have a 8UK in Rain (Double Monk) and its a bit wide in the heel with some extra volume in the instep (I've got a narrow heel with flat feet/low instep), though if I wear thin insoles and thick socks it'll work, pinky toe a bit tight. Also have a 8UK in Oscar Jumper boots which fit very well, no discomfort anywhere although I assume it's because it's a boot which locks in the foot more and I generally wear these with thicker socks. Question is, how does Forest compare to Rain and/or Oscar in the heel, instep and toe areas? I'm hesitant to size down to 7.5UK for fear of losing my pinky toe. Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/65 last in 9E also fits me well

I also had a poor fitting 8UK meermin oxford in Olfe, it was waaay too big and my foot was swimming in it - had to sell in the end. Not sure if this is due to QC of meermin but basically I want to avoid this situation for the Forest last in 8UK.

Last edited:

menacinghat

Reaction score
I'm a 7.5f(narrow) in RM Williams, does anyone know what size i'll be in the Carmina Rain or Inca? If anyone has a pair of Carmina balmorals and RMs please post your fits. Brannock size is 7.5f

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Looking for some info on the Forest last for a captoe oxford model. I have a 8UK in Rain (Double Monk) and its a bit wide in the heel with some extra volume in the instep (I've got a narrow heel with flat feet/low instep), though if I wear thin insoles and thick socks it'll work, pinky toe a bit tight. Also have a 8UK in Oscar Jumper boots which fit very well, no discomfort anywhere although I assume it's because it's a boot which locks in the foot more and I generally wear these with thicker socks. Question is, how does Forest compare to Rain and/or Oscar in the heel, instep and toe areas? I'm hesitant to size down to 7.5UK for fear of losing my pinky toe. Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/65 last in 9E also fits me well

I also had a poor fitting 8UK meermin oxford in Olfe, it was waaay too big and my foot was swimming in it - had to sell in the end. Not sure if this is due to QC of meermin but basically I want to avoid this situation for the Forest last in 8UK.
I am the same size as you in Oscar / AE 65 and take the same size in Oscar and Forest (8UK). I have only tried on a boot in Forest but it fit me similarly well to the Oscar (both are very good fits for me). Any areas that don't fit perfectly may be slightly accentuated by a balmoral but doubt it'd be enough to go a half size down.

Barley

Reaction score
First time post. Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm looking to buy Carmina cap toe oxfords in the Forest last (my preferred last aesthetic-wise). Can that work for me based on my info below or will I have to go with the Simpson? Can either last work? Suggestions on size for each last please and direction on which one would work better. Thanks.

Pertinent information:

Brannock Heel to Toe: 12-12.5
Brannock Heel to Ball: 13-13.5
Brannock Width: B

AE 65 Last sizing experience (in person at Allen Edmonds store):
11.5 D: Too short for proper ball position in shoe. A bit too narrow in toes.
12 B: Good Length in ball and toes. A bit too narrow at ball, and instep a bit too low (pressure on top of toes)
12 C: Good Length in ball and toes. Good width. This is the most comfortable and best fitting size for AE 65 last.
12 D: Good Length in ball and toes. A bit too much volume in instep (lots of excess leather when the shoe flexes during stride)
13 B: Just too long. Width was snug but ok.

Treaper23

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I need some help with the Oscar last. My brannock measurement is US 7 D, very low arch with low instep (low volume overall so in most shoes, i wear them with the Pedag holiday insole), wide at the ball of the feet, and narrow heels. I wear CJ 341 (6E) which fits pretty well with dress socks but I do have rubbing pinky toes issue; another one is CJ 365 (6E) (Islay boots) which fits spot-on (perfect fit) with dress socks, enough room for the toes. I’m interested in a pair of cap-toe boots in Oscar last. Should I order a pair in UK 6 or 6.5 ? Trying shoes is impossible in my country, there is no store here so i have to buy online most of the time.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

gobius

Reaction score
Thank you very much ^^
365 is rounder and Oscar longer but it's mostly aesthetic Fit is very close
same shoe tree
20220218_113649.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads