The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Marco Cane

Marco Cane Member

You know, I have been looking for a light tan dress shoe for quite a while, unfortunately, most present makers of other than black-coloured, only seem to manufacture them with an extended toe shape, and a blackened 'antiqeing', the manufactuers refer to as 'burnishing'. If I could live with an extended toe, and their wide heel widths, AE told me they could still MTO a 'Cornwallis', without burnishing, in any color except, for some reason, walnut.
    Recently, I bought a beautiful, great fitting, pre-buyout, old-stock pair of Blake- lasted Bruno Magli 'Charles', in black. I love the lightweight sole construction, and the narrow talian heel shape, that fits mine. Unfortunately, Bruno Magli, with it's present owners, doesn't make many styles and, from what I've seen, no longer makes nice shoes.
    I have just discovered the tan 910 wholecut Carmina 910. It is a gorgeous shoe, and exactly the color I'm looking for. It seems, despite what Carmina says, to be narrow. I might fit it, with a longer length size, to put my toes into a wider part of the shoe, I'd hate to invest five or six hundred dollars buying a shoe, without trying it on, from half-way around the world, and have it not fit.
    Does anyone in Southern California stock any Carmina? I just called BarneysNY, in Beverly Hills, hoping I could get a sizing for my 10D US foot sizing, in the 'Rain Last', but they said 'No Carmina'.
    - Thanks, Marco
    PS, this my first post here, sorry it's so long.

2. Marco Cane

Marco Cane Member

How about you LA Guy ?
    I was trying to figure out how to quote my post, and send it to his attention, but haven't been able to figure it out. Sorry, I'm new to blogging, but if someone can tell me how to do that.....
    I guess I'm assuming he IS from Los Angeles, rather than Louisiana, and, in fact, a guy.

3. AriG

AriG Senior member

That's helpful thanks, reinforces my view I should get a 7.5 since this one is about 1cm short. I asked Carmina too, see what they say.

4. Login

Login Well-Known Member

Just want to report back, these worked out perfectly! :)

5. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Senior member

Did the Carmina store ever open in NYC or have we not reached that date yet?

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Someone mentioned in the other thread they are now targeting August.

7. Invertigo

Invertigo Well-Known Member

I searched this thread looking for the correct sizing for the Carmina string loafer (Uetam last) but kept reading conflicting opinions.

I'm a TTS 9 and I also own a pair of Alfred Sargent penny loafers (Odell style 106 last) in size 8UK. They're a perfect fit. Does anyone know how they would compare to the Carmina Uetam last?

I've read about different men with the same size (TTS 9) in earlier posts that have sizes 8UK and 8.5UK (for the Carmina Uetam last string loafer), with each liking their fit, which has obviously confused me!

I'm not sure whether to go for size 8UK or 8.5UK.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

8. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I don't own any of the shoes you metion but I own the String Loafers. I have a narrow (98 mm), low volume foot so they fit me very nice. I grab the same size I use in Rain and Inca 9.5 UK.

Some people recommend going 0.5 longer comparing to Rain because the last lenght would be matched. Uetam is shorter than Rain (Rain in 9.5 UK - 302mm last lenght. Uetam in 10 UK - 302mm). I go with the same size cause it's a rounder last. I even would say that Uetam is a great last for me.

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

]
    What size do you take in carmina rain suede loafer?

10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to try the Carmina Rain loafer but I guess I will take the same size 9.5 UK

11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I ask because I am 8.5uk rain last dress shoes & 8uk rain last loafer was wondering what size I. Would be for uteam last loafer suede.

12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I think if you go with 8 UK in Uetam it will be too short. It will be around 5mm shorter than the 8 UK Rain. I think you will be good with 8.5 UK. Just consider that the instep is very low in Uetam.