• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm an 8UK in the Simpson last shoes I own, and typically a 42 or 9D in most other dress shoes. What size should I get in Rain?

I have flat & narrow feet - will the Rain work for me?

I think you have a similar foot as I do, low volume. I can fit in a 9.5 UK Uetam which is narrow, as Simpson is. I would go with 8 UK in Rain too. It is a EE but in the 9.5 UK the width difference is around 3mm.

Hi guys, need some advice. I'm a:

C&J 348 - uk5.5
Church's 173 - uk6
Cheaney 11028 - uk6

Carmina Rain - ???

Cheers!

As @TtownMD says, I will go with the same size of the C&J 348.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new MTO are unreal. https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mto-groups-1224/penny-loafers-tan-leather-80191
Please help with sizing, which size should I choose I usually wear the Rain last size UK 8?

Uetam is tricky. Do you have a low to normal instep? Low volume? I wear Rain (standard EE) in 9.5 UK and I have a full strap penny loafer in Uetam EE and fits me perfectly but I have a normal instep and low foot volume. So I would guess that if you pick Uetam in EE, go with 8 UK.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8UK in the Simpson last shoes I own, and typically a 42 or 9D in most other dress shoes. What size should I get in Rain?

I have flat & narrow feet - will the Rain work for me?

Rain probably won't work for you. I'm an 8UK in Simpson as well, and my feet are swimming in Rain. It's a high instep last.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, the gents at leatherfoot suggested it may work for me, but to size down to 7.5UK. So not sure what to do! Perhaps an 8uk and if it's too large just add an insole?

tdiddy23

Reaction score

Hi all, wondering if you have any advice re sizing. I current own some 13.5UK EE rain oxfords and have the above issues. Would going EEE rectify this? Or would this be too wide? What about another last? Or am I just screwed as I am with every other brand of footwear.......?

What size are you in other brands? How much space do you have beyond your big toe? How much of a gap do you have at laces?

I have a couple 14UK Rain shoes, have debated about going down to 13.5,I have about 1" beyond my toe,but ball of foot is basically in correct spot and just enough room around pinkie toe to be comfortable.

On the outside is it that your toes are too far up and so are hitting the chiseled side of the shoe? If that is the case maybe going up to 14 would be an option? Or if its just too tight volume/width wise go to EEE... Kinda sucks not be able to try them on huh?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say 7.5UK

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just interested in capitalizing on the mass drop event, which offers the rain last at a low price point - I guess I'll try the 7.5UK and try to resell if it doesn't quite work out.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have at least a half dozen pair of Simpson lasted shoes. There is absolutely no way I could wear Rain in the same size, even with insoles or tongue pads. I tried on Rain -.5 in the Paris shop, and that would be the way I go, but it is instructive that that was nearly 3 years ago and I haven't pulled the trigger - when something works as well for me as Simpson does, it is hard to decide to rock the boat

Geran Brown

Reaction score
If I were an 8E on the G&G TG73 last...what would I be on the the rain last?

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new MTO are unreal. https://www.carminashoemaker.us/mto-groups-1224/penny-loafers-tan-leather-80191
Please help with sizing, which size should I choose I usually wear the Rain last size UK 8?

If you wear AE last 65 you should go half size down for Simpson and uetem last.

I just received AE fifth avenue from their recent sale. I got them in size US 8.5 D.
They have the exact same measurements from heel to toe ( Simpson longer toe box), bal width and heel width compared to Simpson and uetem last which both I wear in size 8UK.

They even crease the same. Both are identical fit half size down from AE65 last.

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

ad1

Reaction score
Looking for some help on the rain last.

I have 2 pairs of AE 5 last in 10E. They are a little wide in the heel and cone (I think) but fit great across the front foot and maybe a little extra room from toes to the end of the shoe. My feet are fairly wide and flat - 10.5 E/EE brannock I believe.

I'm tempted to try a 9.5D/E in Carmina Rain (on the Massdrop) but I think the cone/instep is going to be too high. And then I'll be sad - any advice?

jjtitus

Reaction score
If I'm a 7EEE on AE 65 last and 7E on 201 last, what would you guys suggestion for Carmina Rain last? Seems like maybe 7UK would be best if I'm ready correctly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads