• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

levku

Reaction score
I'm US11 in Ralph Lauren shoes. What size simpson last carmina monk should i buy?

Sarkasmus

Reaction score
Im US10 in Alden Indy Truebalance Last.
US10 in Viberg 2030 Last.
US10.5 in Alden Aberdeen Last

Any recommendations what size in Carmina Simpsons? Im not sure if 9,5UK or 10 UK

WiseMenOfGotham

Reaction score
Here is my sizing ("normal width", hope it helps):

9D Allen Edmonds, Alden Plaza last
9.5D Nike sneakers
42 Common Projects Achilles
8E Carmina Simpson last, Carmina Rain last
8E John Lobb 7000/8000 last
8.5E Gaziano & Girling DG70/TG73 lasts
8.5E Edward Green 82 last

If you feel like your foot is wider than a "normal" foot, the Simpson last might feel a bit snug.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anybody a half size smaller in the Inca vs the Rain? I don't have a Carmina retailer nearby so when I was in Tokyo I popped into a few menswear stores and a sales rep suggested I'm better off in Inca UK 8 vs UK 8.5 I wear in the rain w/ just minimal heel slippage. I tried on the UK 8 Inca shoes in question and he was correct! Is this unusual? Here I am on a beautiful Saturday afternoon retrying all of my shoes to figure out the fit.

AE 65 - 9.5 D
Alden Plaza - 9.5 B/D
Alden Barrie - 9 B/D (not a comfortable last for me!)
Vass U - 43 (some space over the top and minimal heel slip, better than Simpson, not quite as good as Rain)
C&J 337 - UK 8.5 (w/ more heel slip than Simpson)
C&J Marlow wingtip - US 9.5 (needed a tongue pad to account for the heel slip, could probably have sized down)
J Fitzpatrick TMG - 8.5 (terrible heel slip, these are gonna be sold)
Carmina Rain - UK 8.5 (fits well, minimal heel slip)
Carmina Simpson - UK 9 (sorta loose all over but wearable)
Carmina Inca - UK 8!?

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
I have a Rain 7UK that fits basically perfect on the right foot and was a little narrow on the left foot but after the break-in with thin socks fits very comfortably.

Betty recommended the following based on Rain 7UK:

Inca: 7 UK
Simpson: 7.5 UK
Robert: 7.5 UK

Any advice?

zr3rs

Reaction score
I have a Rain 7UK that fits basically perfect on the right foot and was a little narrow on the left foot but after the break-in with thin socks fits very comfortably.

Betty recommended the following based on Rain 7UK:

Inca: 7 UK
Simpson: 7.5 UK
Robert: 7.5 UK

Any advice?

I am somewhat similar. In Rain, forefoot feels cramped but heel is on the loose side (8.5 UK). In simpson 9 UK the heel is tighter (about perfect) and the forefoot is wide enough. It is just that the Simpson is longer than necessary. Have not tried Inca yet, but I guess same size as Rain would work. No experience with Robert.

lestyr3

Reaction score
I'm considering a Rain last wholecut. For comparison, a Vass F-last 42 and AE 9.5D fit me perfectly. Should I go with an 8.5, or an 8?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how does the sizing work for Carmina's on Barney's website? Also, what last are they on?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8UK in the Simpson last shoes I own, and typically a 42 or 9D in most other dress shoes. What size should I get in Rain?

I have flat & narrow feet - will the Rain work for me?

Cal

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice. I'm a:

C&J 348 - uk5.5
Church's 173 - uk6
Cheaney 11028 - uk6

Carmina Rain - ???

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads