• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
I don't think the Simpson last runs small length wise. However, I do find that it is quite a narrow last. I would stay true to size as the sizes reflect the length of the shoe but would probably advise getting one and two widths wider if possible

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so Im looking to buy direct the Carmina PTB detroit 531....

its described as EE last...extra wide......does that mean thats how its stocked?

Im a bit confused...its my first time to order.

What do I do if I need a medium width?..MTO?

and what is medium+ as I see listed on the site?...

big thnx......I want to get it right.

Also,

I noticed when you choose the USA website link the prices are a bit higher.......why is that?

Last edited:

freshstyle

Reaction score
I don't know where to begin with sizing. I am in USA.

I'm an 8.5d in Allen Edmonds in the strand show. And 9d in their Cornwallis.

For carmina, I like their rain, inca, Forrest, and Simpson. What sizes should I be looking at?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know where to begin with sizing. I am in USA.

I'm an 8.5d in Allen Edmonds in the strand show. And 9d in their Cornwallis.

For carmina, I like their rain, inca, Forrest, and Simpson. What sizes should I be looking at?

7.5 UK in Rain I think.

marcusman

Reaction score
Hello...I've searched quite a bit to avoid asking this question but I'm unable to find an answer. I've emailed Carmina but have not heard back...

Is the Rain-D last considered a US "C" width or at least more narrow the US "D" width?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello...I've searched quite a bit to avoid asking this question but I'm unable to find an answer. I've emailed Carmina but have not heard back...

Is the Rain-D last considered a US "C" width or at least more narrow the US "D" width?

The standard Rain width is labeled EE but I would say it is equivalent to a US D width. It is not a US E width and definitely not US EE.

I haven't tried the Rain in D width but I would imagine it is closer to US C width.

Last edited:

phsiao08

Reaction score
Is anyone selling a 9.5 UK rain black chelsea boot (or any 9.5 UK rain last related footwear)for that matter) ?

rdepuit

Reaction score
The standard Rain width is labeled EE but I would say it is equivalent to a US D width. It is not a US E width and definitely not US EE.

I haven't tried the Rain in D width but I would imagine it is closer to US C width.

I don't have a US width comparison, and have not tried the standard rain, but if it helps the Rain D fit is pretty similar to the Simpson last (I have both in UK8) -- the RainD is a little narrower/less volume in the heel/instep area, and slightly tighter toebox (both narrower and less height) than Simpson.

rawy

Reaction score
I have a pair of Carmina Double Monks (Inca last) in size UK 8. Fits me quite snugly.

Thinking of getting a pair of Jodhpur or Chelsea which is in Forest last. Can someone advise me what size I should get? Reading through the thread suggests I should try UK 8.5.

zephirus

Reaction score
US 10.5d (Ralph lauren Marlow 11)

VASS F Last -44
G&G MH71 - 10F
Trickers Stow - 10
Churchs - 9.5F
Cheaney -9.5F
Edward Green 202Last 10E
Edward Green 82Last 10E

Carmina
Philadelphia/Oscar/Forest- 10
Utem(loafer) -9.5
Simpson - 10.5

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Advice on rain last?

I'm a 6.5-7D brannock with flat feet and I think a narrow heel.
6E AE 5 last (a little snug through the instep)
6D Barrie and Trubalance

Any chance I can do a 6UK rain?

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Advice on rain last?

I'm a 6.5-7D brannock with flat feet and I think a narrow heel.
6E AE 5 last (a little snug through the instep)
6D Barrie and Trubalance

Any chance I can do a 6UK rain?

Whatever fits good on last 5 go one full size down will work the best I am 9.5D on park avenue I take 8.5uk for rain last.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Sorry to necrobump an old thread, but I don't usually hang out around these parts and I'm too lazy to sift through all the information.

I'm interested in a pair of the wholecut oxfords 910 Rain. If I normally take EU39 for shoes, should I trust their sizing guide and size to a UK6? Thank you!

Last edited:

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to necrobump an old thread, but I don't usually hang out around these parts and I'm too lazy to sift through all the information.

I'm interested in a pair of the wholecut oxfords 910 Rain. If I normally take EU39 for shoes, should I trust their sizing guide and size to a UK6? Thank you!

I'm an EU 39 and UK6 in Rain works for me. You could be a 5.5 though depending on volume, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads