The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Slammo

Slammo Well-Known Member

I have the same foot shape but replace high instep with low instep. I emailed Carmina about it early last week and I'm still awaiting a response - I'll be sure to post it when it comes in. I'm also probably going to be trying on some Carminas at Epaulet this week [​IMG]so I'll provide feedback afterwards.

2. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

Levoosh, I must have narrower heels than you -- the Barrie last has one of the widest heels I've encountered. For me the snug/high heel shape of the Modified last is the best I've found.

3. BCN Citizen

BCN Citizen Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For general information I can tell you that my shoe size for Carmina's Rain is 10. I also use a 10 in C&J's Bradford and other C&J and Alfred Sargent. All of them in regular fitting

About Florsheim or Alden, and also AE, I usually pick up a 10,5 unless their fit my feet a little tight. I imagine my "ideal" size would be 10,75.

It`s said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

the carmina fits you much better...

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For general information I can tell you that my shoe size for Carmina's Rain is 10. I also use a 10 in C&J's Bradford and other C&J and Alfred Sargent. All of them in regular fitting

[/quote]

the rain last looks much sleeker than CJ. What last is the CJ shoes on?

6. BCN Citizen

BCN Citizen Member

Both are shell cordovan. Carmina's are brand new. C&J are around 3 years old and I haven't given any kind of polish, just a poor brushing from time to time.

C&J are a Bradford style, so their last is 341 in E fitting.

7. diglett

diglett Senior member

I just picked up double monks on the Inca last, but I'm unsure of the sizing, seeing as this is my first pair of really "nice" shoes. I'm a 10D in Allen Edmonds, so I picked up a 9UK from Carmina.

The ball of my foot fits really nice and snug (seriously, perfect), but I'm getting the feeling that they're a tiny bit too big on the heels, especially on the right shoe. When I pick up my foot, my heel slips just a little bit, and I'm honestly not sure if that's supposed to happen at all. I took a bunch of photos and lumped them into an album, so if you guys could take a look at them and tell me what you think, I would really appreciate it.

The photos with the pen are for indicating how much my foot moves when I lift up my heel to take a step: The bottom of the pen points to where the top of the shoe ends when I'm not stepping.

Are these too big, or am I freaking out and being paranoid? Remember, the ball of my foot fits perfectly on both feet.

Cheers.

http://imgur.com/a/kRJUM

Edit: I rolled up my jeans to get clearer photos; I have no intention of going full pilgrim with the buckles and high pants.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  8. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Those are beautiful! I had the same issue with my first pair but I wore them for close to 8 hours for the first time and the sole started to break in. Now i feel comfortable and I dont have much slippage.

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I have a narrow heel and low instep

AE 5 last - US 8.5
    AS 87 last - UK 7.5

Alcudia ????

10. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

Definitely 7.5. I'm a 7.5 in the AE 5 last -- and I also have a narrow heel and low instep -- and a size 6.5 Alcudia is far and away the best fitting last/shoe I've ever worn. You're going to love it.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'm gonna say paranoid. Likely going down a half will be too small. If it bothers you find a thin insert to help full it out.

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

They only have a 7 and 8 in the shoe I want on the webstore [​IMG]
    I can't decide if it's worth the risk to get the 7.

13. applky

applky Senior member

I hate sizing threads, but this is really useful. Thanks Spoo for starting this and to everyone else for posting their info.

FWIW I'm a U.S. 10.5D TTS, and a full size down (9.5 UK/Carmina) has worked for me in every last.

(For Alden people: Yes that means I wear a 10D Barrie and Trubalance.)

14. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

You could go the MTO route. It'll cost about $100 more, but at least you can pick the exact model and leather/color that you want. Also -- I think you can order almost any model on the Alcudia last. For example, if you look through the 15+ models offered on the Simpson last (on the regular site, not the web store), any of those can be ordered on the Alcudia.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

:fistbump:

thanks. just emailed Betty wit mah info