1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

It appears I am the same as Hifilover in that if I ever do an Inca last again I will go a half size down from Simpson and Rain. I have size 8UK in all three and the Inca is by far the widest of the bunch. Guess we are both odd... [​IMG]

2. kevinyapjoco

kevinyapjoco Well-Known Member

Can I get some sizing advice from Gentlemen's Footwear here? I'm eyeing to get those full brown wingtips in dark brown calf. I'm a UK 9.5 on the Inca and UK 9 on the Xim. I can't fit in narrow and chiseled lasts like the C&J 348 and the Carmina Simpson even if I size up.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  3. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

I actually tried the Rain and Inca and had that finding. Inca Uk8 was surely too large for me while Rain last in Uk8 is just fit to me...Hope this will be useful to you.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Pink Panther: How does the toebox compare between Rain and Inca? My only complaint with the Inca last is I need the toe box a little taller (more like Forest).

5. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

Off the top of my head, I think the Rain's toe box is slightly taller but I can't recall for sure. I will put them both on tonight and let you know.

6. calidist

calidist Senior member

What TTS do you typically wear in US sized shoes?

7. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

I only have AldEn Longwing in barrie last with size 8.5D. For your reference please.

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have found the inca and forest to fit similarly, with the toe box of the forest being slightly taller. Of the two I prefer inca.

9. GabrielOB

GabrielOB Well-Known Member

The Forest is an normal fit but has a slightly taller toe box than Inca. Inca is a double E-width and is of one Carminas widest last!

10. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

Recently discovered a mall selling Carmina's in various sizes here in Munich, and got fitted for some different lasts.

TTS 12.5D

Alden:
    barrie last 12D

Carmina:
    Detroit 11 uk
    Inca 11.5 uk
    Rain 11.5 uk

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Hello Gents,

I thought I'd post my sizing experience for others to reference.

Alden
    7.5D Aberdeen
    7D Barrie
    7.5D Grant

Carmina
    6.5UK Inca (derby)
    6.5UK Rain (single monk)

Now, the derby and single monk aren't a very fair comparison because the single monks are inherently loose on my feet. But, I would say that the Inca is a very good fit while the Rain has a loose-ish feel on my smaller foot.

I'm trying to figure out what I would take in the Simpson....

12. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

My reference table:

TTS US 10.5D

Simpson last Oxford - 9.5 UK
    Simpson last penny loafer - 9.5 UK
    Simpson last suede double monk - 9.5 UK

Rain last wingtip oxford - 9 UK
    Inca last double monk - 9 UK

Notes: I always wondered if I could have fit in a 9 UK for the Simpson loafer but they didn't have any in stock. I'm hoping it doesn't stretch much and become too loose.

Hope this helps somebody out with sizing.

13. sdwong

sdwong New Member

May I know which mall in Munich? Will be visiting Munich soon but time will be limited for shopping. Thanks

14. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. sdwong

sdwong New Member

Thank you. I shop there a few times. Have not come across JL / Carmina there. Will pay a visit on my next trip to Munich. Thank you again.

16. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

JL/Carmina was a recent addition, I believe they started stocking them early to mid august. Was kinda surprised they picked up Carmina since last year they mentioned picking up Alden.

17. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Anybody have this problem?

I wore my inca double monks today in black calfskin, and all of a sudden they really started to pinch around my toes. Mind you I was wearing them for about 6 hours of standing and walking around. I'm a TTS 10.5 US and the inca are a 9 UK. I was always worried that the 9.5 inca was too wide.

Anybody else run into this problem of shoes fitting fine and then feeling tight?

18. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I am TTS US9.5D and have the same double monks in Saddle Shell in UK8. I have not experienced the pinching you describe.

19. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

All of a sudden they just got really tight In the toe area, the last three toes more specifically. I admit I don't wear them often at all, would it be safe to assume they will break in nicely ?

20. calidist

calidist Senior member

That is because your feet well as the day progresses--which is why you should shop/try on shoes during the mid to late afternoon instead of the morning since shoes will not fit the same later in the day.