• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Ascher,

I find the simpson last is a narrower fit, although it is definitely a longer last. The Inca, from what I can tell, is not elongated and is more generous in width. My foot measures an American 10.5D. I tried the 9.5 in the Inca double monk and I found it slipping in the heel way too much even when I tightened it. I went down half a size and there was no slip at all, and maybe it is just a touch snug with a thin dress sock. My toe still has about an inch left of breathing room.

In other news, I also have a simpson lasted penny loafer which feels ok with socks but a little too big without them. If your looking at a loafer it's probably best to go down half a size if you plan to go sockless.

All in all, I highly recommend trying these shoes on if you can. I've learned my expensive lesson already by ordering multiple pairs of Alfred Sargent and Crockett and Jones, all of which ended up being too large or small.

vital1981

Reaction score
Guys, help me please. I have the Church Consul last 173. They are very good for me in 8UK size. What size Carmina Simpson last I need to buy? Size 8 ? Simpson is narrow in the toe. Maybe buy 8.5 ???

P.S. I want to buy Carmina in calf leather and suede. It's important for the size?

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the same experience? I'm TTS 9D and wear 8UK in Carmina Inca last (EP double monks). I tried string loafers in Uetam last in 8UK and had some foot slippage for both feet. When I tried 7.5UK, the fit was very snug but comfortable (I was wearing loafer socks but aiming to go sock-less). Do you think these will stretch a little with wear?

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will probably stretch a bit in the width and arch, possibly the heel.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Anyone with the same experience? I'm TTS 9D and wear 8UK in Carmina Inca last (EP double monks). I tried string loafers in Uetam last in 8UK and had some foot slippage for both feet. When I tried 7.5UK, the fit was very snug but comfortable (I was wearing loafer socks but aiming to go sock-less). Do you think these will stretch a little with wear?

Amazing....I am TTS US9D and wear 8 Inca, 8.5 Oscar, Rain and Uetam (loafer). The Uetam fit me like a glove.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting Fiddler. Like I said in my previous post, I went down to a 9 in the Inca for the double monks. I took a 9.5 in my Simpson suede monks and also a loafer I own in the Simpson last. I am a TTS 10.5D US. Which Inca model do you own? An Oxford would surely fit different then a double monk just because of the laces and the ability to tighten.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same. 10.5 Simpson. I size down for the uetam loafers. I have 10.5 and 10. Slippage on the 10.5 and the 10 is snug but will break in well.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Interesting Fiddler. Like I said in my previous post, I went down to a 9 in the Inca for the double monks. I took a 9.5 in my Simpson suede monks and also a loafer I own in the Simpson last. I am a TTS 10.5D US. Which Inca model do you own? An Oxford would surely fit different then a double monk just because of the laces and the ability to tighten.

The Salinger double monk in saddle shell.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am TTS US9.5D, and I own a UK8 in the saddle shell double monk on the Inca. The fit is great.

kischi

Reaction score
Has anybody experience with both the Forest and the Uetam last? I've bought a tassel loafer on the forest last which fits good (quite generous). Now thinking about adding a string loafer on the Uetam last. Thanks.

Last edited:

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
Does anyone know which Carmina last would fit similar to AE's last 5 (Park Ave)? Something long, narrow, and could fit a low instep.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
how do you size from forest to simpson? ie forest 9 uk= simpson ?? uk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads