1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Can anyone with Rain last size 10.5 or 11 UK offer width measurements? I'm looking for a 4.5" width, and I'm only guessing at this point...

2. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Not sure what information (measurement) you are after exactly but here are some numbers that might help:

Rain last UK 11: Widest point measured across sole (pretty much equal to the widest point of the last from looking down onto the shoe) = 4.25"; this is located at a distance of 8.25" from the heel end of the sole.

I fit comfortably in the Rain UK 11. I also wear a 11 UK Queen's (just a bit tight on at the widest point), and U(V)etam UK 11 (loafer - tight, but comfortable). Also 11 UK in the Oscar last - and for that the maximum width across the sole is just shy of 4.5". A tracing of my foot gives the widest point as 4.125". If it helps I can send you tomorrrow a tracing of my shoe and my (largest) foot (need to access the scanner at work for that).

3. JubeiSpiegel

Thank you, I was hoping for a 4.5" width on the Rain. Guess it will not work for me, maybe I'll try the Oscar last. I appreciate the help.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

carmina deia last. fits snug like simpson? or rain, or alcudia. hoping to get on the shell jodhpur boot from gentelmans footwear but im afraid it might be a touche narrow

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sounds like uk11 would fir the bill

1 person likes this.
  6. JubeiSpiegel

Thank you, it is difficult asking Carmina vendors this info. I was asking an SF affiliate vendor for width measurements on any Rain size 11Uk shoe handy, they only offered that that model runs slim and will not work for me.

I had written the last off until now, thank you...

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

How did you size on your GG?

8. JubeiSpiegel

^
    10.5 G on TG73, I'm trying to get some good staples. Don't want to go MTO for everything...

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Your best is Inca, Detroit and Oscar as try are CArminas widest lasts. Even so you might need an "f".

For Rain last you might need a double wide

1 person likes this.
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Or size up of course. I am a us 12, and take uk11 in rain which marries a touch under 4.5"

Deia, Alcudia, and Simpson aren't in my vocabulary. I don't like sizing up if I don't have to

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Cappedncollared:
    You said you wear
    Rain - UK 8
    Forrest - UK 8
    Alden Barrie - US 8D (full size down, rather than half size as most people have)

Interesting ...

I wear:

Rain - UK 8
    Forest - UK 8
    Alden Barrie - US 9D

12. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

My sizing has been the same as Sevenfold,

Detroit last - UK 11
    Forest - UK 12 ( Can't fit my foot in a UK 11)
    Alden barrie last - US 12 D

13. cappedncollared

cappedncollared Well-Known Member

9D would swim on me.

I was borderline 8 / 8.5 on Barrie and prefer my shoes on the snug side, so took a gamble on the 8 giving slightly. So far I think I made the right choice, though 8.5C would probably be ideal

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Hello fiddler, any update on sizing the rain last? You eventually settled on sizing down 1 size in the rain instead of 1/2? Any updates on the shell whole cut? Looks brilliant

15. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

^^ I have Rain in both UK8 (single monk shell) and UK8.5 (the wholecuts in navy shell above).

My preference is greatly for the UK8.5 as it is the most comfortable for my feet. I am a US9D (left foot is 9, right foot is a couple of mm longer).

The UK8 monks fit my left foot perfectly but they do pinch the little toe of my right foot a bit. Hence, I prefer UK8.5.

For Inca Last, I can wear UK8, no problem.

For Oscar Last, I definitely have to take UK8.5 as this last has a noticably lower instep.

I will post some pics of the navy wholecut when I next wear them.

16. calidist

calidist Senior member

Would someone with a size 7.5 UK Rain-lasted shoe be so kind as to post the outersole length and outersole ball of foot measurements?

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

speaking of measurements, here are the outsole measurements for simpson last size uk11 and uk11.5

11= width 115 mm
    Length 329 mm

11.5= width 117 mm
    length 333 mm

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thanks man. i think ive settled on rain in uk11

19. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Hey gents!

We are trying to get a MTO going for a CAPTOE oxford in SADDLE SHELL CORDOVAN on the RAIN last.

[​IMG]

We are doing this MTO through Gentlemans Footwear.

PM myself if interested or steveyoo1983

Thanks!

20. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Betty is suggesting I size down an additional 1/2 size from the 11UK I wear in the Forest last for a new Inca last purchase. I'm somewhat skeptical of the suggestion due to how similar the Forest last is supposed to be with the Inca last. How accurate has Betty's sizing recommendations been for others? Also, if I go with her suggestion and the shoes are too small, am I on the hook for the additional shipping and duties for the exchange? Looking to place the order today, so any help would be appreciated.