The Official Carmina Sizing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Mar 5, 2012.

1. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

So if I have narrow feet (12B) what should I go for in terms of lasts for Carmina? An 11.5 in the Simpson or the Alcuida?

2. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

I have jack squat for shoes but here are my sizes:

Alden Hampton last - 9D

Alfred Sargent 724 last - UK 8F

3. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

I wear the same size on most carmina lasts as I do on AS 99, 109, and 724. What last are yours?

And what carmina last did you want advice on?

4. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

the Simpson last, which I believe is what the Taylor split-toe is on. judging from the description, an 8UK should suffice, correct? I noticed the epaulet site does not specify widths so my assumption is that their shoes are the standard D width

5. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

I'm not entirely sure about the width myself. From what I understand Epaulet orders every last in a regular width, but how that width then matches up with a certain lettering system I don't know. The fact that carmina seems to have a somewhat confusing width labeling isnt helping matters. Emailing Epaulet is probably going to be your best bet.

I personally wear a 7.5 in AS 724, as well as carmina forest and rain. Don't own shoes on the simpson, and unfortunately cant recall what size I was when I tried the last in a shop.

6. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

My AS are on the 99 last, and the Carmina's I own are on the Inca.

I was wondering about the Inca and the Rain.

7. Concub1ne

Concub1ne Senior member

Fwiw I'm the same size on both AS 99 and carmina rain. I have no experience with inca.

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Apologies on the sarcasm.

Got mine in today - they're fantastic. I think I may be able to size down half a size though. I'm a standard D size foot. All I had before these shoes were Cole Haan's and other lower tier shoes. Cole Haan 11.5 fits perfect. 11 is just too snug. I haven't had any other real experiences with nice shoes, the Carmina's are my first ones. I'll be able to start finding good lasts and sizes for me soon enough.

Size I got was Carmina 10.5eu/11.5us. Check out the Epaulet thread for pictures.

Thanks for the update.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sf'er leftofthedial offered some great sizing advice

10. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

^ +1, this is great advice. i'm sizing down 1.5 on my next Carminas in the Forest last and I think it's gonna be spot on. I'm also on the narrower side of medium...probably because I've been rock climbing so many years in tight shoes that my foot has gone from a medium to medium-narrow. sigh

i went a whole size down on my most recent barrie last alden and the fit is spot on. :)

11. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Just thought I'd add my experience to this thread. I own two pairs of Carmina shoes:

Brown Suede Austerity Brogue - Simpson Last
    Skoak Calf/Grain Balmoral Boot - Robert Last

I take a 10UK in both lasts - I have a relatively wide foot and flat feet, the Robert is the wider, more comfortable of the two but the Simpson isn't so narrow that it causes any discomfort for me.

Unfortunately I don't have any other high end shoes to compare with, but hopefully this post may help some [​IMG]

12. kischi

kischi Senior member

Can anybody comment on the on the fit of the Carmina Forest last vs. the C&J 325 last vs. the Meermin Ron last?

I'd like to buy a tassel loafer for the summer and wonder which last/maker would fit me best. I have rather wide feet resp. need a roomy toe box. Normally I wear size 8.5 UK. The C&J 236 last fits me very well. Thanks a lot!

13. DandyStatsProf

DandyStatsProf Member

My feet are a little wide, I'm usually a 9.5E US. I just got a pair of black wholecuts in the Rain last off of their online store in 8.5UK and they fit great!

14. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Active Member

This is good news for me! I'm a 9E in my AE daltons and I'm considering an 8.5 UK for the double monks in the Rain last. Does this seem right?

15. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Anyone care to comment on the difference between the ueatam and the Forest last? I am thinking of getting in on this MTO and want to try the Ueatam but I am a 12 wide on the forest last and I am nervous about trying another last.