• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

enjoiii

Reaction score

How do I determine if mine are the wide last or regular last?

sinfjotli

Reaction score
It should be written on the shoe box, "Ancho E" or "Ancho EEE".

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone order a Shell Cordovan Belt from Carmina? Specifically the Cognac Shell? Need help with sizing UK to US sizing. Sizes for belts are 90 and 110. Thank you.

frezon

Reaction score
They can be shortened very easily. I ordered one and went for a size bigger than Betty recommended just to be sure.

runningfrog

Reaction score

Anyone order a Shell Cordovan Belt from Carmina? Specifically the Cognac Shell? Need help with sizing UK to US sizing. Sizes for belts are 90 and 110. Thank you.

i got my cognac shell belt from epaulet: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1865/'Cognac-Horween-Shell-Cordovan/Detail

they intentionally only offer two sizes because it can be easily shortened. i just brought mine to a local cobbler and had them shorten it to match my other belts. the work cost only $10 and probably took them 30 mins or less. you could even do it yourself if you have the proper tools.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Sirs,

I don't suppose that you could recommend a last for a very high instep (and a fairly high arch too)?

My feet are otherwise quite small and fairly square, and I have been wearing C & Js in 6.5 on the 348, which sorta fit with a V, but they aren't as comfortable as I'd like.

I've been told that the Rain might be an option, which would be nice as there seems to be lots of models available.

Cheers,

FP

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They can be shortened very easily. I ordered one and went for a size bigger than Betty recommended just to be sure.

i got my cognac shell belt from epaulet: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1865/'Cognac-Horween-Shell-Cordovan/Detail
they intentionally only offer two sizes because it can be easily shortened. i just brought mine to a local cobbler and had them shorten it to match my other belts. the work cost only $10 and probably took them 30 mins or less. you could even do it yourself if you have the proper tools.

Thank you all. See sizing approximation below.

Men’s Belts
Measure around the waist
Size , Length in Inches* , Length in Centimeters*
[ XS , 31" , 80cm ]
[ S , 33" , 85cm ]
[ M , 35" , 90cm ]
[ L , 37" , 95cm ]
[ XL , 39" , 100cm ]
[ XXL , 41" , 105cm ]
[ XXXL , 43" , 110cm ]

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has returned shoes to Carmina. Can you please PM me Deciding between USPS and FEDEX. Thanks.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Sirs,
I don't suppose that you could recommend a last for a very high instep (and a fairly high arch too)?
My feet are otherwise quite small and fairly square, and I have been wearing C & Js in 6.5 on the 348, which sorta fit with a V, but they aren't as comfortable as I'd like.
I've been told that the Rain might be an option, which would be nice as there seems to be lots of models available.
Cheers,
FP

I think I have a fairly high instep and the laces close completely on the 337. They're also very comfortable.

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I have a fairly high instep and the laces close completely on the 337. They're also very comfortable.

Do you happen to know your size in Allen Edmonds?

I'm a 7.5 in AE but am confused as to what size I would be in Carmina Simpson or Alcudia lasts.

Any help would be appreciated!!

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on two whole cuts on the Rain today, the 910 and 954. Both fit pretty well in a 7, and I'm told that wholecuts will shape to my foot better than normal oxfords.

I needed to go up to a 7.5 in the half brogues, which looked a touch big on me.

kippy

Reaction score
Are there any San Francisco Bay Area retailers that sell Carmina? I would love to try on their shoes in person.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you happen to know your size in Allen Edmonds?
I'm a 7.5 in AE but am confused as to what size I would be in Carmina Simpson or Alcudia lasts.
Any help would be appreciated!!

I wear a 7D in AE and Alden. 6E in C&J 337. 6.5E in C&J 348 if I wanted it.

6E in Simpson and Forest were too tight for me. 6E in Rain was fine.

Edit: Corrected Rain size

For anyone that reads this thread, if you don't like how pointy C&J 348 is, you won't like Simpson or Rain. I learned this the hard way.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads